ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

I could be wrong, but IIRC, it was a Chicago Sun times blog.

*edit: The story, written by Michael O'Brien, was published, edited and eventually removed from the paper's high school sports Web site on Wednesday.

Attorney Stephen L. Barker told the Tribune that while the school was glad the original story was off of the paper's site, "taking the story down doesn't cure all the problems. I believe this was beyond irresponsible journalism."

O'Brien's original story centered on Perspectives-Calumet player Davis' college choice, cited a "reliable source" and said "rumors/sources that have Davis choosing Kentucky are also alleging that the commitment cost $200,000."

So it sounds like his 15-18 minutes of incredible play in Tallahassee was just random luck.

He's more assertive when Zion's not on the floor. That is accurate. But, his efficiency is almost the same. So yeah, he just happened to play his best game of the year in Tallahassee. I don't want to completely discredit Cam, because he is good, and had some great moments. And he is capable of scoring - and taking over. But, the consistency was nowhere near All-American, or even All-Conference status.

Reactions: GE Nole
Sure Sampson cheated at Indiana, do you see anyone denying that? Even then sending texts to recruits during a dead period is nothing compared to creating fake classes to help get your basketball team through school.

I don't understand why you come to every thread that UNC is brought up and throw out this jibberish. If you're so comfortable that they didn't do anything wrong then why don't you just leave it at that?

Congrats, UNC found a loophole in the NCAA system and exploited it to the fullest extent. It doesn't mean they didn't cheat. Enjoy those tainted titles.

Because we won. You were wrong. We were correct. If you idiots would have listened to me for years when I tried to explain I wouldn't care. However, people wanted to tell me how wrong I was...incessantly and without even attempting to listen. Losing has consequences. The consequences are that the losers except being wrong. However, you guys can't do that. If it was proven, they would have been punished. That is kind of how things work, chief.

I understand though. Can't win titles go after those who do. I get it. It sucks. For you. Not for me.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Please elaborate. I don’t think we are getting him.
I have no idea where he's going, but I have heard Auburn buzz. I don't really follow his recruitment that much because I know he's not going to UK. A few months ago I would've said Duke 100%, but the winds seem to be shifting.

Reactions: FlynAUround
He's more assertive when Zion's not on the floor. That is accurate. But, his efficiency is almost the same. So yeah, he just happened to play his best game of the year in Tallahassee. I don't want to completely discredit Cam, because he is good, and had some great moments. And he is capable of scoring - and taking over. But, the consistency was nowhere near All-American, or even All-Conference status.

Fair enough. Well stated. I just wish his best game came somewhere else!

I have no idea where he's going, but I have heard Auburn buzz. I don't really follow his recruitment that much because I know he's not going to UK.
It's seems I've read somewhere we're turning our attention to the #2 player at his position. IMO, I think he's been Duke's to lose for a while now, but I know nothing and can prove that daily.

I could be wrong, but IIRC, it was a Chicago Sun times blog.

it was and almost every major sports reporter said the guy that had the blog was lying

of course the ul fan you are quoting believes what he wants to believe, facts be damned

I don't think hardly anyone here believed that $200,000 thing. Seemed like we had fun with it more than anything, even the UK fans.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I would be highly surprised if this thing ever gains that kind of traction. This is like a rattlesnake all coiled up and rattling it's tail. He'll strike if he has to, but doesn't really want to and just wants you to go away and leave him alone. This chick just wants some hush money and these are her threats in an attempt to get it. I really don't see what any of the stuff she is trying to expose has to do with her lawsuit anyway.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Because we won. You were wrong. We were correct. If you idiots would have listened to me for years when I tried to explain I wouldn't care. However, people wanted to tell me how wrong I was...incessantly and without even attempting to listen. Losing has consequences. The consequences are that the losers except being wrong. However, you guys can't do that. If it was proven, they would have been punished. That is kind of how things work, chief.

I understand though. Can't win titles go after those who do. I get it. It sucks. For you. Not for me.
You really think you won? Sad. You didn’t win a damn thing. You embarrassed yourselves in front of the entire country. Never to be forgotten.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
It's seems I've read somewhere we're turning our attention to the #2 player at his position. IMO, I think he's been Duke's to lose for a while now, but I know nothing and can prove that daily.
Duke has not been a factor for quite awhile.

Because he's been BBQing at Bruce's house.

giphy.gif

No, I came back home and quit my job because I figured any job that forces me out to Lawrence, Kansas simply isn't worth it.

Interesting that it always manages to rank highly on lists of college towns.

Granted, probably too civilized for a hoosier.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Yeah, I cooked bacon on the stove for the first time yesterday. So good.
I haven't cooked bacon on the stove for years just because it makes such a mess. I like to cook it on a rack on a huge sheet pan in the oven, because you can loosely cover it to keep the grease in the pan and you can fit a lot more bacon on the pan.

I haven't cooked bacon on the stove for years just because it makes such a mess. I like to cook it on a rack on a huge sheet pan in the oven, because you can loosely cover it to keep the grease in the pan and you can fit a lot more bacon on the pan.
I stick by turkey bacon > pork bacon. I can't deal with the fat on pork bacon, maybe everyone that's ever cooked for me did it wrong, but I don't like it.

Congrats, that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Go stand in the corner and think about what you said.
You've not had my turkey bacon is the the problem.

I also use ground turkey as a substitute for all ground beef. I make a mean ground turkey burger and ground turkey chili.

Yeah, I do that as well. Now and then I'll grill it.

I stick by turkey bacon > pork bacon. I can't deal with the fat on pork bacon, maybe everyone that's ever cooked for me did it wrong, but I don't like it.

DopeyConcernedGreatargus-size_restricted.gif

Bomani Jones wonders why the media covers for K so much too. Laughing But I’m sure you’ll have a way to diminish this national media persons opinion.

While most national media members who have become numb to pay-for-play scandals are brushing off the allegations, ESPN’s Bomani Jones is questioning whether analysts would be acting the same way if he went somewhere other than Duke.

In fact, Jones believes that if these allegations had come out with Williamson at Kentucky under John Calipari, the national media would be having a field day with this news.

“I do find it interesting though that yes, we are – generally speaking – numb about the idea that college players are getting paid,” Jones said on today’s edition of Highly Questionable. “However, you’re telling me that if this were John Calipari involved in this same situation that we wouldn’t be here talking about this across the board? “Oh man, this doesn’t really matter.” No. It wouldn’t be “All these guys get paid.” It would be “We knew John Calipari paid players.” That’s the way we do it.”

Jones compared this lack of media backlash to the same change of tune we saw once Mike Krzyzewski and the Duke program began signing one-and-done talent. When Calipari began the one-and-done movement, it hurt college basketball. When Coach K followed suit, it was just a “change in the times.”

We’re seeing a similar trend with these most recent allegations surrounding Williamson and the Duke program. Now that the Blue Devils are potentially involved, people are looking the other way.

And I left out the part where he talks about Duke getting a pass on the Corey Maggette situation.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bas...tar-center-kai-sotto-signs-with-the-g-league/

He’s not wrong! The only people that will dispute this is the ones who simply just don’t like UK. That’s why I said through all the UNc and UL stuff that if this had been UK and Cal, people would be having a field day with it.

He’s not wrong! The only people that will dispute this is the ones who simply just don’t like UK. That’s why I said through all the UNc and UL stuff that if this had been UK and Cal, people would be having a field day with it.
Calipari and UK makes news.Everyone here has to agree with it, especially the haters. They come out of the dark, when UK is mentioned. It comes with being #1 all time. Anything lesser than that ppl just don't care as much.

they come out of the dark (like cockroaches) even when a thread has absolutely nothing to do with UK
It would hurt my feelings if they only paid attention to us as little as the other blue bloods.

"But its' the fans", "we don't like the fans". Laughing

They're owned at every angle.

Just two examples off the top of my head. Could you imagine if @MrBaracus and @uncfan in ky focused on Duke? That would suck. Then I would truly believe they've over took us in the modern era.

It would hurt my feelings if they only paid attention to us as little as the other blue bloods.

"But its' the fans", "we don't like the fans". Laughing

They're owned at every angle.

Just two examples off the top of my head. Could you imagine if @MrBaracus and @uncfan in ky focused on Duke? That would suck. Then I would truly believe they've over took us in the modern era.

It would hurt my heart of Sugar Tits ever fell outta love with Cal! I really mean that.

ADVERTISEMENT