ADVERTISEMENT

Zion/Nike

It's just that you worded it in a way that sounded like the NCAA works for Duke. I mean they do, but it was funny how you phrased that comment.
Uh, no. Never meant that.
Just like they discussed Zion with the NCAA prior to him committing.
You might not like K, but I just don’t think he is that stupid.

Just like they discussed Zion with the NCAA prior to him committing.
Why was there a need to discuss his eligibility with the NCAA prior to him committing? I don't recall there being any red flags at that point.

Why was there a need to discuss his eligibility with the NCAA prior to him committing? I don't recall there being any red flags at that point.
I believe Duke is proactive with the NCAA with all their high level recruits so as to not have issues pop up

I would like to know how many male college students actually own a $1,000 worth of jewelry. When I finished college I did not own one damned piece. Of course now at 74 the only jewelry that I have is my wedding ring.

The idea that Thomas got that on his own is total bull shit.

I would like to know how many male college students actually own a $1,000 worth of jewelry. When I finished college I did not own one damned piece. Of course now at 74 the only jewelry that I have is my wedding ring.

The idea that Thomas got that on his own is total bull shit.
Bert. I agree. Maybe a family member vouched for him. You have no idea except to think the worst because he plays for Duke.

Again, please tell me what booster or alumni would purchase 100k of Jewelry for a Senior in the second half of his senior year with the talent he showed to go undrafted.

Bert. I agree. Maybe a family member vouched for him. You have no idea except to think the worst because he plays for Duke.

Again, please tell me what booster or alumni would purchase 100k of Jewelry for a Senior in the second half of his senior year with the talent he showed to go undrafted.

..a form of hush money, probably. Thomas' price to keep quiet.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
"Duke" You are living up to your UK heritage.

But thanks for not disagreeing. And what would the hush payments be for?

'Dook'.... I'm sure you're familiar with the use of the term used by the masses that don't care for your program. Nice try at deflecting, though.

I clearly said it was a form of hush money....to keep Thomas silent on what he may have known. Kind of odd for a non-factor player of his caliber to magically get 100K worth of jewelry don't you think?

'Dook'.... I'm sure you're familiar with the use of the term used by the masses that don't care for your program. Nice try at deflecting, though.

I clearly said it was a form of hush money....to keep Thomas silent on what he may have known. Kind of odd for a non-factor player of his caliber to magically get 100K worth of jewelry don't you think?
Known about what?

….good lord, I must be talking to Della's twin.
Please enlighten me to the conspiracy theory you are talking about from Duke 2010 that Thomas was supposedly being bought off from revealing.

I missed the tin foil sale this week.

“Hush money”....bwahahaha. Hilarious. Yes, I’m sure that Thomas was primed to become the first player to blow the whistle.

Maybe someday people will understand how prevalent these benefits are. It’s not shocking in the least that a hyped recruit who started on a national title winner and played 10 years in the NBA (even produced decently at times) bought some expensive jewelry. And I’m sure that’s not all he received.

Last edited:
Reactions: Villian07
“Hush money”....bwahahaha. Hilarious. Yes, I’m sure that Thomas was primed to become the first player to blow the whistle.

Maybe someday people will understand how prevalent these benefits are. It’s not shocking in the least that a hyped recruit who started on a national title winner and played 10 years in the NBA (even produced decently at times) received some expensive jewelry. And I’m sure that’s not all he received.
Wasn’t drafted. Could not score in college. Was 4th or fifth starter. 4.8pts/game, 4.3 rebounds/game. Yeah, sure, someone is going to buy him jewelry.

Just curious, but how do you think he qualified then?

That's a big loan for a nobody, like you are saying he was.
I have no idea. Again, we weren’t there. We did not hear the conversation. We don’t know what the jeweler and Lance agreed to.

I have no idea. Again, we weren’t there. We did not hear the conversation. We don’t know what the jeweler and Lance agreed to.
So no guesses? His family wasn't rich by no means, so how could a college player secure such a huge loan?

There's no wrong answer, just curious if you have an alternative theory other than IDK

Also didn't this happen early in the season? So using his final stats is kind of meaningless here.

Also, looking at the dates, wasn't' Duke playing in NYC when the purchase was made? I could be wrong and too lazy to look it up, but that seemed to be something that stuck out.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito

How shocking that the man of common sense loses all common sense when discussing Duke.

Your rosters have been either #1 or #2 in payroll for years. Deal with it.

Wasn’t drafted. Could not score in college. Was 4th or fifth starter. 4.8pts/game, 4.3 rebounds/game. Yeah, sure, someone is going to buy him jewelry.

People in the know will tell you that every top 100 recruit is getting something. Again, it’s not shocking in the least that a player with a fairly lengthy NBA career who received a lot of hype out of HS would be paid. Disappointing college numbers is a laughable argument:

Looked at Silvio De Dousa’s college numbers lately?

So no guesses? His family wasn't rich by no means, so how could a college player secure such a huge loan?

There's no wrong answer, just curious if you have an alternative theory other than IDK

Also didn't this happen early in the season? So using his final stats is kind of meaningless here.

Also, looking at the dates, wasn't' Duke playing in NYC when the purchase was made? I could be wrong and too lazy to look it up, but that seemed to be something that stuck out.
I believe it was over Christmas. He was a senior, everyone knew Lance was just a hustle guy. I have no idea on the terms.

People in the know will tell you that every top 100 recruit is getting something. Again, it’s not shocking in the least that a player with a fairly lengthy NBA career who received a lot of hype out of HS would be paid. Disappointing college numbers is a laughable argument:

Looked at Silvio De Dousa’s college numbers lately?
He was undrafted. Look at his averages. Geez.

Again, his end of the season numbers/draft stock has nothing to do with when the loan was secured.
Uh, yes it does. He was half way through his senior season. Scouts already knew about him and his skills. Which is why he was undrafted.

what is your theory.

Uh, yes it does. He was half way through his senior season. Scouts already knew about him and his skills. Which is why he was undrafted.

what is your theory.
My theory is NBA scouts tend to not make rash judgements half way through the season. Davis and KAT started slow and both became #1 picks.

As far as Thomas. I don't care. It's fishy as can be, but nothing happened so who cares at this point. Same as AFAM classes at UNC.

Same with Zion, which I believe nothing will happen. All the writing on the wall means nothing unless something happens/conviction.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Zion gets full stay, won’t have to answer questions. That flip flopped fast.

wonder if the lady still plans on suing for the 100 mil

Zion gets full stay, won’t have to answer questions. That flip flopped fast.

wonder if the lady still plans on suing for the 100 mil
In Florida, but it moved to North Carolina from what I understand.

Ford's entire case hinges on Zion answering those questions.

He was undrafted. Look at his averages. Geez.
You have to at least admit it's a little fishy though right?

If this was a UK, KU or UNC player, you would be singing a different tune.

It's a very odd case and so is this Zion case.

You have to at least admit it's a little fishy though right?

If this was a UK, KU or UNC player, you would be singing a different tune.

It's a very odd case and so is this Zion case.

Trust me, he won't admit that.

This is a guy who, not long ago, said that he was 100% certain that Zion's family didn't receive improper benefits. RollLaugh

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
In Florida, but it moved to North Carolina from what I understand.

Ford's entire case hinges on Zion answering those questions.

I don’t know I just saw it on the ESPN bottom line. It did say a county, Appellate? maybe?, but I’m not familiar with what state it’s in. What does The state of Florida have to do with anything? Zion isn’t from there and obviously Duke is in NC.

Trust me, he won't admit that.

This is a guy who, not long ago, said that he was 100% certain that Zion's family didn't receive improper benefits. RollLaugh
Oh, I know he won't admit it, he'll probably just say we weren't there and we don't know. But that's not what I asked.

If this was a UNC kid, he would be crushing him.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT