ADVERTISEMENT

Your team’s record against the Elite 8 this year?

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
What’s your team’s record against the Elite 8 teams this year? Did any of y’all’s teams play St. Peter’s in the non-con?

FSU was 3-2 against the Elite 8 this year. Swept Miami and split with Duke. UNC curbstomped us after we had lost 4 or 5 starters.

3-4 overall

2-0 vs. Miami
1-1 vs. Duke
0-2 vs. UNC
0-1 vs. Houston (with Sasser and Mark)

Houston punked us so bad that it looked like men vs. boys. I legit thought they could win the title after that game. When Sasser and Mark went down, I figured they had no shot. One of the best coaching job I've ever seen.

Reactions: kpernod and GE Nole
3-4 overall

2-0 vs. Miami
1-1 vs. Duke
0-2 vs. UNC
0-1 vs. Houston (with Sasser and Mark)

Houston punked us so bad that it looked like men vs. boys. I legit thought they could win the title after that game. When Sasser and Mark went down, I figured they had no shot. One of the best coaching job I've ever seen.

Dang, so Miami went 0-4 against Bennett and Hamilton, but 14-2 against the rest of the ACC? Wild.

Agree about Houston and Sampson. Ridiculous coaching job and also those boys just don’t make excuses and get after it.

Reactions: jhmossy
0-0.

It's even more shocking to see what St Peter's is doing when you look at their schedule. They lost to some of the very worst teams in the country and got rolled by the only power conference teams they played (St John's and Providence).

Didn't even realize that Iona is in their conference. They finished 3 games better than St Peter's and swept them. Imagine the meltdown by Kentucky fans if they'd been bounced by Pitino. 🤣

0-0.

It's even more shocking to see what St Peter's is doing when you look at their schedule. They lost to some of the very worst teams in the country and got rolled by the only power conference teams they played (St John's and Providence).

Didn't even realize that Iona is in their conference. They finished 3 games better than St Peter's and swept them. Imagine the meltdown by Kentucky fans if they'd been bounced by Pitino. 🤣
Cal has owned Pitino since he's been at UK. Pitino couldn't beat him when he was at Louisville, no reason to think he would've done it at Iona.

• Love
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
gumbel2_400x400.jpg

And now St. Peter's is in the Elite 8. They didn't get beat by 30 in the 2nd round. That's what happens in the tournament sometimes.
Just saying...if St Peter's could do this, a better team coached by Pitino could do it. If Iona were in this position, it wouldn't have surprised me that much. They had a solid team.

Just saying...if St Peter's could do this, a better team coached by Pitino could do it. If Iona were in this position, it wouldn't have surprised me that much. They had a solid team.
Are we playing the transitive property game again? 🤔

Tennessee 2-2

UNC -W
Nova- L
Arky- W
Arky- L

2-0 if you don't include the tourney. 2-1 if you include it.

Beat Villanova and UNC. We all know about St Peters.

Duke was 4-0 against Final Four teams during the 2019 regular season (UVA-2x, Texas Tech, Auburn). That MSU loss... ugh.

• Angry
Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT