ADVERTISEMENT

WVU @ Oklahoma

doogie503

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2008
Gonna get ugly tonight for WVU.

Everybody on the team has had the flu, and another Saturday-Monday turnaround with a lot of travel.

Plus Trae Young and OU looking for revenge.

Sooners big

Edit:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Gonna get ugly tonight for WVU.

Everybody on the team has had the flu, and another Saturday-Monday turnaround with a lot of travel.

Plus Trae Young and OU looking for revenge.

Sooners big tonight.

This is a "who do I dislike the most" game and they answer is Huggie. I think OU wins because WVU won't get the favorite whistles they get at home. Also-with Carter being in his 6-7th year he's got to be tired.

With the team seemingly regained its footing against KSU, well get to see if we are back to contending or if we are just a typical Huggy team that ambushes average and poor teams at home plus a few upsets.

God, the excuse training coming out of the WVU crowd is pathetic. The "I have the flu" defense is a classic.

WVU should be a 9-10 seed with how they've played lately.

With the team seemingly regained its footing against KSU, well get to see if we are back to contending or if we are just a typical Huggy team that ambushes average and poor teams at home plus a few upsets.

I think you hit it. I was at the opening game of the Big 12 between KSU and ISU in Ames and commented afterward that they were the to worse teams in the Big 12. I think the ISU WVU game in Ames might have bought Prohm another year to prove he can get and keep ISU in the upper half.

God, the excuse training coming out of the WVU crowd is pathetic. The "I have the flu" defense is a classic.

WVU should be a 9-10 seed with how they've played lately.

I think that’s ridiculous...wvu’s has had a lot of turmoil...the travel they endure on top of having 5 Saturday travel play again Big Monday games (more than anyone in the nation)...
Esa Ahmad coming back and their youth...not to mention players throwing up in trash cans before games start...they’re playing like a 5 seed right now with 2-3 seed potential.

Reactions: doogie503
I think that’s ridiculous...wvu’s has had a lot of turmoil...the travel they endure on top of having 5 Saturday travel play again Big Monday games (more than anyone in the nation)...
Esa Ahmad coming back and their youth...not to mention players throwing up in trash cans before games start...they’re playing like a 5 seed right now with 2-3 seed potential.

WVU chose to leave a conference that geographically made sense so that they could travel 1,000 miles every game to play other massive diploma mills. Using that as an excuse is even worse than the "I have the sniffles" defense that Doogie was tossing around earlier.

These guys are 20 years old and don't have to do any school work because they go to WVU instead of a school with standards. I don't buy the travel excuse.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul

We basically have a shorter NBA schedule with the travel and quick turnarounds.

We have 5 one day prep games in conference play. Kansas has 4. Nobody else has more than 2. I guess it comes with being ranked and playing in big nationally televised games, but still... it's rough.

WVU chose to leave a conference that geographically made sense so that they could travel 1,000 miles every game to play other massive diploma mills. Using that as an excuse is even worse than the "I have the sniffles" defense that Doogie was tossing around earlier.

These guys are 20 years old and don't have to do any school work because they go to WVU instead of a school with standards. I don't buy the travel excuse.

I know Nova fans don't understand this, but we have this thing called a Power 5 football program too.

Hanging around mid major conferences like the AAC or Big East (who doesnt even have football) wasn't an option.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I know Nova fans don't understand this, but we have this thing called a Power 5 football program too.

Hanging around mid major conferences like the AAC or Big East (who doesnt even have football) wasn't an option.

The guy is an obvious troll, Nova fans on these boards have been doing it for years dating back to our time in the Big East. He will predictably offer more backhanded comments about Jerry West next. They typically troll their tournament opponent, Rutgers, BC, St. Joes, and Temple but seem to be branching out to us for some reason.

The guy is an obvious troll, Nova fans on these boards have been doing it for years dating back to our time in the Big East. He will predictably offer more backhanded comments about Jerry West next. They typically troll their tournament opponent, Rutgers, BC, St. Joes, and Temple but seem to be branching out to us for some reason.

They all left these boards years ago because the Big East fell apart and Nova lost in the 1st or 2nd round 6 or 7 years in a row. Then they had that fluke title run a couple years ago and a few of them came scattering back to this board like a bunch of roaches.

Lmao, a fluke title. One of the hardest trips to a title in history and Nova obliterated almost everyone. It's called being a good team and taking care of business.

This is a college basketball forum. I'm an Alabama football fan, so I get way more joy out of the P5 than you do. Enjoy traveling 1,000s of miles every week and making your excuses.

Considering Trae follows every bad game with an awesome game along with OU's home record combined with WVA being terrible now = WVA in big trouble.

Lmao, a fluke title. One of the hardest trips to a title in history and Nova obliterated almost everyone. It's called being a good team and taking care of business.

This is a college basketball forum. I'm an Alabama football fan, so I get way more joy out of the P5 than you do. Enjoy traveling 1,000s of miles every week and making your excuses.

A fluke is an unlikely occurrence...

Nova has either failed to make the tourney, or lost in the 1st or 2nd round 7 out of 8 times (88%) so far this decade (since 2010). Soooo yeah... fluke.

Considering Trae follows every bad game with an awesome game along with OU's home record combined with WVA being terrible now = WVA in big trouble.
Haven't seen the new arena yet but might be able to make it on Wednesday v Creighton. Have you been? What did u think, if so?

That was the first time all year I've seen Young get called for an offensive foul. Gets away with that chicken wing and the 50/50 charge calls always go in his favor.

I get Young needing the touches, but it has to get old for teammates to hear his clapping and "pass it to me" everytime someone has the ball.

"Let me make your decisions and decide to pass to someone else"

Reactions: doogie503
Would be so big for this team if Lamont West would star making shots again.

I get Young needing the touches, but it has to get old for teammates to hear his clapping and "pass it to me" everytime someone has the ball.

"Let me make your decisions and decide to pass to someone else"

Oklahoma was 11-20 with one of the worst power 5 offenses in the nation last season. Thats probably what got old - losing.

Winning doesnt get old.

Reactions: KisteK
Cat is on fire.

Not sure why Young stopped driving. No one could stay with him and he started jacking up threes.

Oklahoma was 11-20 with one of the worst power 5 offenses in the nation last season. Thats probably what got old - losing.

Winning doesnt get old.
Can you repeat the last part. I feel asleep half way through your first sentence.

Rooting for both teams to lose, somehow.

Haven't seen the new arena yet but might be able to make it on Wednesday v Creighton. Have you been? What did u think, if so?

Yep, I was there for DePaul vs Villanova. Once you get in your seat the place is great. Great sightlines, feels like you are close to the court. However, every other aspect of the experience is awful, might as well call the place Bottleneck Arena. Bottleneck to get into the parking lot, bottleneck to get into arena, bottlenecks all along the concourse, long lines for concessions and limited choices.

Parking is abysmal. I imagine it takes 45 minutes to get out of that lot. We left 10 minutes early just cause I was scared of the parking lot. I'll say this, if you are in the city and can take public transportation do that and it'll work out great...and make sure you eat dinner before you go.

Yep, I was there for DePaul vs Villanova. Once you get in your seat the place is great. Great sightlines, feels like you are close to the court. However, every other aspect of the experience is awful, might as well call the place Bottleneck Arena. Bottleneck to get into the parking lot, bottleneck to get into arena, bottlenecks all along the concourse, long lines for concessions and limited choices.

Parking is abysmal. I imagine it takes 45 minutes to get out of that lot. We left 10 minutes early just cause I was scared of the parking lot. I'll say this, if you are in the city and can take public transportation do that and it'll work out great...and make sure you eat dinner before you go.
That's cool, I would be able to just take the red line thankfully. Should be a nice boost for recruiting I would think. Too bad that it's cramped though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT