ADVERTISEMENT

Would you take UVA's last 2 seasons?

jhmossy

Aug 9, 2017
Team
Virginia
66-6 (33-3 ACC, 4-1 in ACC tourney)
2 Regular Season ACC Championships (1 co-champ)
1 ACC tourney championship
1 National Championship
1 historic loss to a 16 seed (you have to be the 1st 1 seed to lose to a 16)

1 National Championship
Hell yes.

Reactions: Cdub2k
Wait, are you REALLY asking if people would take one title in two years?

Congrats, btw.

I'm asking whether the title is enough to offset a historic tournament loss. I could imagine a fan of a blue blood program that has multiple titles saying the historic loss isn't worth it.

I'm asking whether the title is enough to offset a historic tournament loss. I could imagine a fan of a blue blood program that has multiple titles saying the historic loss isn't worth it.
Haven't seen anyone on here say the title is not worth it. The main objective of all college basketball fans is to win a title.One exception to that is Della. It is more important to her for Tennessee to beat Kentucky and to hell with anything else.

It’s not that I don’t want your title. It’s that I don’t want your style of play to get there.

It’s kind of like getting to bang a girl after her psycho ex-military boyfriend beats your ass. Most of the time, it’s not worth it. But if you’re on a long enough dry spell, you’re fine with it.

It’s not that I don’t want your title. It’s that I don’t want your style of play to get there.

It’s kind of like getting to bang a girl after her psycho ex-military boyfriend beats your ass. Most of the time, it’s not worth it. But if you’re on a long enough dry spell, you’re fine with it.

They averaged 71 ppg and allowed only 56 ppg. How could you not want that....

Their style of play was different this year than normal because they could score efficiently at the 1-5 position. They didn't win every game because of defense....otherwise they would've lost vs Purdue, Auburn, and Texas Tech

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Yes why not? Though the answer can be different if you reverse the order of the 2 years. First year national title and next year loss to 16th seed.

Reactions: jhmossy
They averaged 71 ppg and allowed only 56 ppg. How could you not want that....

Their style of play was different this year than normal because they could score efficiently at the 1-5 position. They didn't win every game because of defense....otherwise they would've lost vs Purdue, Auburn, and Texas Tech

UVA was greatly efficient. That’s why they were one of the best teams again this year.

Their efficiency also goes hand in hand with their pace of play, which is directly responsible for that 56 ppg allowed figure.

Kentucky has NBA talent all over the court and was 284th in tempo this year. Let's not pretend that you're UNC over here running up and down the court.

I would. If you could promise me people wouldn’t trash U.K. for the 16 seed upset the rest of our lives. Virginia has already made us relax on that infamous history but U.K.... if you thought they show the Laettner shot a bunch ... they’d have a 16 seed beating us the very next clip every time lol

Reactions: kelley2403
UVA was greatly efficient. That’s why they were one of the best teams again this year.

Their efficiency also goes hand in hand with their pace of play, which is directly responsible for that 56 ppg allowed figure.

Yeah, but I’m not sure I would not take it just because they burn the shot clock. If they didn’t score, sure...but this year they were extremely efficient. If games were 60-55 then I would be more opposed to it because that means they burned the clock and still got nothing.

Of course it is. Hell, a program like Indiana doesn’t have a title in decades. I would take your season this year even if the previous year was Pitt’s 0-18 ACC year.

UK from 2012 to 2013 is worthwhile, and 2013 was the first round NIT loss. Not to mention that between the redemption story and the crazy-ass finishes (your poor heart) this year making this title probably the most satisfying for fans in history.

BTW - how long do we give jhmossy a pass for these "humble" brag posts? I'd say he gets the whole offseason given the shit he got about last year, but I'm open to shortening.

Kentucky has NBA talent all over the court and was 284th in tempo this year. Let's not pretend that you're UNC over here running up and down the court.

Oh God no. Kentucky’s offense was mostly dreadful until the second week of January. Lots of standing around on the perimeter goes on when your 18 year old guards can’t throw an entry pass.

UVA under Bennett has gotten and developed some really great players. They’re just rarely ever flashy, and are usually taught to use most all of the shot clock to get the best shot on any given possession. There’s nothing wrong with it, and it’s good basketball. It’s just not sexy.

Reactions: jhmossy

Agreed. Cal hates playing an up tempo style too and it drives me mad. Part of the reason the 2017 team was so fun because it was the opposite (GFY Luke Maye).

UK from 2012 to 2013 is worthwhile, and 2013 was the first round NIT loss. Not to mention that between the redemption story and the crazy-ass finishes (your poor heart) this year making this title probably the most satisfying for fans in history.

BTW - how long do we give jhmossy a pass for these "humble" brag posts? I'd say he gets the whole offseason given the shit he got about last year, but I'm open to shortening.

Give him until midnight madness. After that it’s a new year and Tony’s system won’t be able to win in the postseason again.

Not the whole offseason. In my opinion we’re already at the “take it to the homeboard” point.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

IDAF about style. Couldn't care less.

Of course it is. Hell, a program like Indiana doesn’t have a title in decades. I would take your season this year even if the previous year was Pitt’s 0-18 ACC year.
Exactly. You never know when the next one is coming.

No. I like our story just fine.
Really? I mean this with no disrespect. BUT......You guys just went to your first FF. Ever. You are telling me you would not tade an Elite 8 and a FF, for a historic loss, and a title?

C'mon, now.

1 National Championship
Dude----I'd take Loyola's past 2 seasons at this point...:oops:

So, ummm, well-----Yeah.

1 National Championship

Yes, and I’ll even add in an 0-12 football season to go with it and I haven’t missed a home AU football game since 1982.

That’s how bad I want to win in basketball....

Reactions: kelley2403
ADVERTISEMENT