ADVERTISEMENT

Would UNC leave the ACC for the B1G?

Why did SC leave the ACC? I honestly don’t know.
Because Frank McGuire developed a NY pipeline and the ACC raised the minimum acceptance requirement of the conference in an attempt to stop Frank's recruiting NY. The NC schools couldn't stand it and voted as a bloc plus Maryland and Virginia to change acceptance requirements for the ACC from 700 to 800.

Because Frank McGuire developed a NY pipeline and the ACC raised the minimum acceptance requirement of the conference in an attempt to stop Frank's recruiting NY. The NC schools couldn't stand it and voted as a bloc plus Maryland and Virginia to change acceptance requirements for the ACC from 700 to 800.

Wow. That is crazy. Kinda racist in a way as well.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Wow. That is crazy. Kinda racist in a way as well.
Maybe but Bobby Cremins and John Roche were white guys from NY that joined Frank in Columbia. There was a lot of hatred amongst the SC schools and the NC schools plus Maryland and Virginia. Clemson and SC, despite being founding members of the ACC were never consider d equal to the others in the conference. When we told the ACC to stick it and went indy, Clemson was supposed to do the same but backed out at the last minute so we went at it alone.

I've said this on my home board and got laughed at, but if I were the SEC I would raid the basketball schools and completely own both sports.
1) NCAA is losing leverage, there's a lot of money in basketball
2) Make your own CFP for conference championship that will kill any other conference in ratings.
3) Less non-cons by sprinkling in bball schools to your schedule throughout the season to keep the big dawgs at the top of the polls
4) Expands tv sets to new regions
5) Make rivalry games great again

Either add 4 or 8 to get to 20 or 24 teams
No brainers: Notre Dame, North Carolina, Duke, Kansas
Next tier: Virginia, Louisville, Florida State
Probably further than they'd like, but still possible: Arizona, Arizona State, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Pitt, West Virginia, Syracuse

South Division
Midwest Pod
Arizona
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
Texas A&M
Missouri

Central Pod
Arkansas
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss
Alabama
Auburn

East Division
North Pod
Vanderbilt
Louisville
Tennessee
Kentucky
Notre Dame
Virginia

East Pod
Georgia
Florida State
Florida
South Carolina
North Carolina
Duke

Football
Play each team in your pod, 2 teams in pod from other conference, 1 team from each of the other two pods in the other division (9 conference games)
6 team conference playoff, top team in each division get a bye, after that 1 team from each pod play in the first round.

Basketball
Home-and-home with each team in your pod, play each team in other pod in your division once, then 3 teams (half) in each pod on from the other division (22 conference games)
2 weekend Conference tournament, Friday week 1 the top 8 teams get a bye while 9-24 play the first round. Saturday the 8 byes play the 8 winners from the first round. Sunday is the Elite Eight.
Saturday week 2 Final Four, Sunday Championship.
Teams that only put 25K fans and are the bottom of P5 football, aren’t being asked to join a league that is driven by football, regardless of the strength of their basketball

Maybe but Bobby Cremins and John Roche were white guys from NY that joined Frank in Columbia. There was a lot of hatred amongst the SC schools and the NC schools plus Maryland and Virginia. Clemson and SC, despite being founding members of the ACC were never consider d equal to the others in the conference. When we told the ACC to stick it and went indy, Clemson was supposed to do the same but backed out at the last minute so we went at it alone.

Never knew Frank to recruit a white guy, lol. He had some great teams at Marquette.

Edit, nm, I was thinking of Al McGuire, LMFAO

ADVERTISEMENT