ADVERTISEMENT

Would UNC leave the ACC for the B1G?

More money for sure but why would the Holes leave from a conference they control for another conference where they will wield no influence? I don't see the Holes giving up that power for more money.
Texas just basically did this exact thing. No?

Why is a South Carolina fan jealous of a school that isn't even in their conference? That is some weird stuff.
Jealous? That makes no sense since we are in a far more superior conference. Don't get mad Twan. Again there is a rumor that the B1G will go after Socal and ND. The Holes are a makeweight if ND balks again at joining the B1G.

Jealous? That makes no sense since we are in a far more superior conference. Don't get mad Twan. Again there is a rumor that the B1G will go after Socal and ND. The Holes are a makeweight if ND balks again at joining the B1G.
Notre dame contractually cannot join the big 10

Texas was in a conference they destroyed by greed. The Whorns shit in their own bed and the SEC let them off the hook by allowing them to join.
Ok but they had all the control. Texas isn’t going to have that type of control in the SEC. The big 12’s problem was it did not have enough schools that were able to pull their own financial weight. That’s not a problem in the SEC

For that matter, all ACC teams are contractually bound due to the GOR which is supposedly bullet proof. However, you can buy your way out of any contract.
It won’t be worth it for Notre dame to do that. Notre dame has zero incentive to join anyone. They have plenty on their own. Them joining just helps the other party. Not so much them

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
Ok but they had all the control. Texas isn’t going to have that type of control in the SEC. The big 12’s problem was it did not have enough schools that were able to pull their own financial weight. That’s not a problem in the SEC
Very true. The only reason Texas is joining the SEC is because the Longhorn network was a spectacular failure.

Reactions: hawkit3113

Texas is in for the rudest awakening in the history of college sports.

They have no clue.

It won’t be worth it for Notre dame to do that. Notre dame has zero incentive to join anyone. They have plenty on their own. Them joining just helps the other party. Not so much them
I agree and the B1G has to know they have no shot at ND. Hence, the reason for this thread and the question posed in it.

I agree and the B1G has to know they have no shot at ND. Hence, the reason for this thread and the question posed in it.

We honestly don't want them, but with UT and OU going to the SEC, things have changed massively. The writing is on the wall for ND.

The days of them cherry picking are over.

The markets ND claimed they own, we got through Rutgers and a large alumni base in NY.

I personally would like to see us enter another region. North Carolina or out West.

The South and West are the only places that are going to improve our dying conference. ND does shit to help us.

All the athletes are in the South and West

Oh I agree at that point. We aren’t quite there yet though. Big ten needs to make another move first

Yep. I think it all comes at once. Now that OU and UT are off the table, I see no reason for both conferences not to work together on chopping up the rest of the leagues and then putting together the new college football governing body.

I don't get the Twan reference. Even with your conference superiority you still suck though. UNC could be in the OVC and would still be North Carolina while South Carolina would still be who they are.

You’re like Vanderbilt, Nice baseball program, suck at everything else.

I don't get the Twan reference. Even with your conference superiority you still suck though. UNC could be in the OVC and would still be North Carolina while South Carolina would still be who they are.
No doubt and the Twan reference was from In Living Color. I'm old.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Ok but why attack me and my school? It's a rumor, why the animosity and ridicule? I would assume you're better than that but I could be wrong.

USJ jr happens to be in the best conference revenue wise and that’s great. On the field and you can agree you come up short and with that budget you guys should be in the conversation yearly in hoops/football.

USJ jr happens to be in the best conference revenue wise and that’s great. On the field and you can agree you come up short and with that budget you guys should be in the conversation yearly in hoops/football.
I agree completely but Ray insists on spending every available dime on infrastructure. While that is a need as well, I would like to see him significantly raise the recruiting budgets for both football and basketball.

Reactions: AWilli6995
ADVERTISEMENT