ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup...

Oh man, what pretenders Brazil are. They've been defeated by every European team they met since winning it all in 2002, but at least the last 5 times they were up against powerhouses. Now they cant even beat Croatia, I mean it is Croatia not France, Germany and Netherlands. They need a reality check, and people need to stop hyping them up until they can prove to move beyond quarter-finals.

Now it’s down to 4. England did England stuff with another disappointing loss, in part to a penalty spot.

Southgate is an odd situation. They’ve made it to a World Cup semi’s and quarterfinals with him and a Eurocup finals, but most of those paths were stopped the moment they hit another really good footballing nation (Germany being the exception, but they’ve been underperforming lately). Will they get rid of him? He seems to catch a lot of blame for not doing more with the talent they have.

Amazing final today. Glad Messi went out with a bang. Mbappe is gonna be a problem for years to come, he is special.

Reactions: dukedevilz
France and Argentina was a fitting final. Two best teams in the world. Two best players in the world. Was wild that France got back into that game. I don't think they had a single shot the first 70 minutes of the game.

Also, I don't know how I feel about the Emir of Qatar bestowing Messi with a robe, just right before he lifts the World Cup trophy. Sure, it's a tremendous honor - and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that gift. But, couldn't it have waited a few minutes? Gotta think Messi has dreamed about hoisting the trophy his whole life, wearing the blue and white of Argentina. And now that robe will forever be seen in one of his most iconic moments.

FkSuD3UWIAAWqjX

ADVERTISEMENT