ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup...

_113170333_suarezhandball.png

Never forget.

Uruguay got completely fvcked. Up 2-0 and they had a player taken down in the box in an obvious penalty. German ref went to the monitor and said no penalty. Ended up costing them the tournament.

After the game several players went after the ref.

Easily the worst call or non call I've seen in this Cup and the worst I've seen since they started using replay for sure.

referee-ill-allow-it.gif

Mexico, Germany, and Uruguay are all knocked out of the tournament on tie-breakers.

Can’t really call this cup a failure or success for us. We did about what we should have done in getting out of the group stage.

I hope Berhalter is out after this because of more reasons than I hope to have to type out. Mostly, he’ll limit us as our young guys compete in their prime.

Yeah, Gregg did what he was supposed to do after a disasterclass in 2018 WC qualifying, and making it past the group stage just like how this team always did. His tenure aint a failure, but I dont see him taking us to another level. If we are aiming for quarter-finals or even a semi-finals appearance in 2026, it will be better for him to step down and we hire someone more tactically competent. He was outcoached by Louis Van Gaal for this entire game, this much is clear.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Yeah, Gregg did what he was supposed to do after a disasterclass in 2018 WC qualifying, and making it past the group stage just like how this team always did. His tenure aint a failure, but I dont see him taking us to another level. If we are aiming for quarter-finals or even a semi-finals appearance in 2026, it will be better for him to step down and we hire someone more tactically competent. He was outcoached by Louis Van Gaal for this entire game, this much is clear.

85-F4303-D-0858-4193-83-C9-CA8-E8847070-D.jpg

Netherlands was the better team. But, we he had our chances. Plenty of chances. The Dutch counter is deadly.

With a super talented young cast of players, and hosting in 2026, we should be good enough to make a run to the quarterfinals in 4 years. Round of 16 is par for the course. But, this is arguably the best young group of players we've ever had - and we'll have home field advantage. Gotta win some games in the knockout stage in 2026.

Has Portugal found its next Ronaldo? 21 year-old Gonçalo Ramos started over him and scored three goals today in only his 4th career international appearance (33 minutes previously). Portugal cruising right now, up 5-1 on Switzerland. Crazy.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
And then there were 8...

Netherlands
Argentina

Croatia
Brazil

England
France

Morocco
Portugal

Has Portugal found its next Ronaldo? 21 year-old Gonçalo Ramos started over him and scored three goals today in only his 4th career international appearance (33 minutes previously). Portugal cruising right now, up 5-1 on Switzerland. Crazy.
its the one game I couldn't get a glimpse of at work. How pissed was Ronaldo that he didn't start? Did he sulk the whole game?

And then there were 8...

Netherlands
Argentina

Croatia
Brazil

England
France

Morocco
Portugal
was really hoping for epic Spain vs Portugal, but other than taht the games are loaded. And Morocco has been really good so that should be a good game as well.

its the one game I couldn't get a glimpse of at work. How pissed was Ronaldo that he didn't start? Did he sulk the whole game?

He seemed pretty content. Was celebrating with teammates when they scored. He jumped on top of the team pile-up after a goal. Never thought I'd see that.

FjUXHFcWYAcHTSS

Some are giving him grief because after the game he walked off the pitch before his teammates. But, he celebrated with them - he just walked off a minute before everyone else.

Those darn Brazilians. Always choking against European nations in the knockout rounds. Thought they had that game won in extra time... and then they concede a goal a few minutes later.

Hard to hate on Modric, though. One of the best midfielders of all-time.

At this point, I think I'll be rooting for Argentina and Portugal. A finale with Messi and Ronaldo would be spectacular.

France was my team to beat at the start of the tournament, and I still think they'll be the toughest out. Nobody else has a guy like Mbappe.

Those darn Brazilians. Always choking against European nations in the knockout rounds. Thought they had that game won in extra time... and then they concede a goal a few minutes later.

Hard to hate on Modric, though. One of the best midfielders of all-time.
Modric is awesome, but Croatia is boring as ****. Not happy they advanced.

At this point, I think I'll be rooting for Argentina and Portugal. A finale with Messi and Ronaldo would be spectacular.

France was my team to beat at the start of the tournament, and I still think they'll be the toughest out. Nobody else has a guy like Mbappe.
Argentina? Biggest punks in the field. Dive all over the field and display no class.

AB73-AF1-C-D4-FF-4-A89-8-FD9-A1903562-E234.png

They should have been a man down for the last 5 in regulation and the OTs.

Argentina? Biggest punks in the field. Dive all over the field and display no class.

AB73-AF1-C-D4-FF-4-A89-8-FD9-A1903562-E234.png

They should have been a man down for the last 5 in regulation and the OTs.

Whoa! Missed that. Not a good look.

Not really a crazy Argentina fan, but I would like to see Messi have another shot at a World Cup. I kind of like the idea of a South American-European final, too. 3 of the last 4 finals have had two European teams in it. Need to break up the European power a little.

Outside of the US, Brazil is definitely my team. I lived in Brazil for a year - and had several Brazilian roommates. Love those people. It seems like they're the World Cup favorite every time, and more often that not they blow it in the quarterfinals.

Whoa! Missed that. Not a good look.

Not really a crazy Argentina fan, but I would like to see Messi have another shot at a World Cup. I kind of like the idea of a South American-European final, too. 3 of the last 4 finals have had two European teams in it. Need to break up the European power a little.

Outside of the US, Brazil is definitely my team. I lived in Brazil for a year - and had several Brazilian roommates. Love those people. It seems like they're the World Cup favorite every time, and more often that not they blow it in the quarterfinals.

Screw Messi.

Morocco v Croatia FTW.

340205-FF-7-CF4-42-B3-97-E4-94247942-B1-E4.jpg

Messi really isn’t classy either.

Nothing new for Argentina though. Same shit since even before “the hand of God” BS.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
340205-FF-7-CF4-42-B3-97-E4-94247942-B1-E4.jpg

Messi really isn’t classy either.

Nothing new for Argentina though. Same shit since even before “the hand of God” BS.

Hah Edgar Davids looks like he's a half-second away from throwing some haymakers.

Would have thought Messi was a little more mature than that. Guess not.

There might actually be legs to this. Crazy. Here's what his brother said. Chilling.

This was from Monday I believe: "My body finally broke down on me,” said Wahl. “Three weeks of little sleep, high stress and lots of work can do that to you,” Wahl wrote. “What had been a cold over the last 10 days turned into something more severe on the night of the USA-Netherlands game, and I could feel my upper chest take on a new level of pressure and discomfort. I didn’t have Covid (I test regularly here), but I went into the medical clinic at the main media center today, and they said I probably have bronchitis. They gave me a course of antibiotics and some heavy-duty cough syrup, and I’m already feeling a bit better just a few hours later. But still: No bueno.”

They probably poisoned him...

ADVERTISEMENT