ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup...

3EN2KX3OBZPQPJYOMWSEOBC7UM.jpg

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
when it's all said and done the 2022 World Cup will go down as one of the worst sporting fails in the history of the world. Just wait and see, it's going to be a massive shit show of epic proportions.

Did they ever clear the air on the slave labor allegations for the construction of World Cup sites in Qatar? Everything about Qatar seems like a sh*t show.

It's going to be a long time before the World Cup returns to the Middle East, would be my guess.

Did they ever clear the air on the slave labor allegations for the construction of World Cup sites in Qatar? Everything about Qatar seems like a sh*t show.

It's going to be a long time before the World Cup returns to the Middle East, would be my guess.
Define “clear the air”. Short answer is not really. The amount of deaths and cause of death is vastly different from both sides. I think there were some changes to help the migrant workers, but I don’t know if it made much of a difference from a practical standpoint. Lately they’ve been more reliant on useful idiots to report some of the positive aspects (nice hotels, stadiums, etc).

Define “clear the air”. Short answer is not really. The amount of deaths and cause of death is vastly different from both sides. I think there were some changes to help the migrant workers, but I don’t know if it made much of a difference from a practical standpoint. Lately they’ve been more reliant on useful idiots to report some of the positive aspects (nice hotels, stadiums, etc).

Guess I was thinking about the allegations, whether or not the workers were being treated as essentially slaves. Not crazy informed on this, but it seemed like a lot of those migrant workers were duped into jobs that bordered closer on abuse than an actual voluntary agreement.

Guess I was thinking about the allegations, whether or not the workers were being treated as essentially slaves. Not crazy informed on this, but it seemed like a lot of those migrant workers were duped into jobs that bordered closer on abuse than an actual voluntary agreement.
Yeah, I get it. I think the country has pushed back on a lot of the worst ones. Really horrible stuff went on there. Tricked into it with lies of how much they’d get paid and their living conditions, they then go there, passport gets taken them the actual contract is for much less and conditions much worse.

Reactions: dukedevilz
when it's all said and done the 2022 World Cup will go down as one of the worst sporting fails in the history of the world. Just wait and see, it's going to be a massive shit show of epic proportions.

Yeah, I agree, which sucks. I love the WC. USA sucks though so that's weak.

I’ll watch until the USA plays itself out. Wish we were better.
Funny thing is the women's team has sucked ass since being more concerned about getting paid and being political rather than playing soccer. They lost 3 straight before finally beating Germany the other night. The men's team, by comparison, is probably better than the women's national team right now which is pretty crazy.

FIFA published a pamphlet basically saying let’s talk about soccer and none of that ‘other’ stuff (migrant worker deaths, lgbtq stance of the Qutar government, fifa bribe to get the games to qutar). Also paid David Beckham and other soccer celebrities a lot of money to promote the World Cup. So in a nutshell……no.

Here’s the WC link from over on the American-style football 🏈 board in case you find yourself needing more discussion, you bunch of hooligans.

GOAAAAAAAAAAL!!

USA! USA! USA!

We've actually kind of dominated the first half in terms of time of possession and quality touches. Just keep the ball away from Gareth Bale.

GOAAAAAAAAAAL!!

USA! USA! USA!

We've actually kind of dominated the first half in terms of time of possession and quality touches. Just keep the ball away from Gareth Bale.
Excellent first half. Wales manager made great half time adjustments. And our manager is Greg Berhalter.

1-1 with a disappointingly stupid penalty kick giveaway. Just boneheaded.

Excellent first half. Wales manager made great half time adjustments. And our manager is Greg Berhalter.

1-1 with a disappointingly stupid penalty kick giveaway. Just boneheaded.
I wish we lived in one of those countries where a guy who screwed up as bad as the moron on USA did would get shot as soon as he returned home.

• Haha
I watched the match today. The only redeeming thing I saw was Kate Abdo.

I suppose this team aint making it past the group stage, so after the Iran game its over for me.

We tied Portugal for second place in the group stage in 2010; we advanced on goal differential. Portugal lost to Germany 4-0, where we lost 1-0 to the Germans.

Beating England seems unlikely. Two most likely scenarios of advancing...

1. Somehow draw a tie against England (and obviously a win against Iran).

2. Beat the crap out of Iran. Winning by 2-3 goals would be huge.

The #51 team in the FIFA World Rankings, Saudi Arabia, took down #3 Argentina today. Wow! Huge upset!

Argentina scored goals 3 separate times on calls that were called for offsides. 2 of the 3 were obvious, IMO. One of them looked very close. This could shake things up quite a bit... The game-winning goal by KSA was a beautiful strike.

The #51 team in the FIFA World Rankings, Saudi Arabia, took down #3 Argentina today. Wow! Huge upset!

Argentina scored goals 3 separate times on calls that were called for offsides. 2 of the 3 were obvious, IMO. One of them looked very close. This could shake things up quite a bit... The game-winning goal by KSA was a beautiful strike.

We tied Portugal for second place in the group stage in 2010; we advanced on goal differential. Portugal lost to Germany 4-0, where we lost 1-0 to the Germans.

Beating England seems unlikely. Two most likely scenarios of advancing...

1. Somehow draw a tie against England (and obviously a win against Iran).

2. Beat the crap out of Iran. Winning by 2-3 goals would be huge.
Considering we play Gregg ball, I’d consider a 2-3 goal win over anyone a little unlikely.

We only had one shot on target and it wasn’t even in the flow of his offense. Just a nice counter attack right up the guy.

The other was close but I think he leaned offsides. I think it was the right call.

Really risky play with such a high line. Argentina times it a little better and they blow the game apart early.

Argentina looked pretty rattled when the score became level then down. Messi is great, but he sometimes disappears too much in big tournaments when times get tough. They need him to step up in those situations.

Really risky play with such a high line. Argentina times it a little better and they blow the game apart early.

Argentina looked pretty rattled when the score became level then down. Messi is great, but he sometimes disappears too much in big tournaments when tim

Margin for error is obviously very low for Argentina now.

This could allow Mexico the chance to finally advance past the Round of 16. If Mexico wins the group, they likely avoid facing France. That could set them up for maybe playing Denmark in the knockout stage. The last 7 World Cups Mexico has been eliminated in the Round of 16. Each time! That's got to be some kind of a record.

Obviously a lot of matches to be played between now and the Round of 16, but Argentina's loss could be huge for Mexico.

ADVERTISEMENT