Big 12:
Baylor (1 seed)

AAC:
UConn (2 seed)

Summit:
South Dakota State (6 seed)

Missouri Valley:
Missouri State (11 seed)

Stop me if you’ve heard this but Maryland basketball coach out coached and lost to a team they had no business losing too.
This usually happens to Iowa football team and their men's basketball team.
When our team beats theirs, their fans like to say the better team loses.

Stop me if you’ve heard this but Maryland basketball coach out coached and lost to a team they had no business losing too.
FWIW, I picked UCLA to win over Maryland, sorry. SmokinSmile

I'm 846th on the ESPN bracket, which is not an amazing accomplishment, I know, but it's also the highest I've ever been this far into a tournament. /csb

Pac 12 is just a stronger overall conference right now. They're about like where the Big Ten men are at. The ACC has the best top teams, while the Pac 12 probably wins on depth, though it's certainly debatable. The SEC is also right there every year as well, though Mississippi State and South Carolina have stepped into the forefront in recent years as traditional power Tennessee has faded.

The Big Ten will typically run about 3 deep as far as teams that can do any kind of damage in the tournament and yeah it's usually been Maryland, Rutgers and a rotation of Ohio State, MSU, Purdue, PSU, or Iowa.

They've never been a traditionally strong basketball conference even though they've had some successful teams in the past. Only 3 B10 schools (Purdue, OSU, MSU) have ever played for a national championship, with only Purdue winning one in 1999.

Michigan State's loss to Baylor in 2005 was the last time a Big Ten team even made the Finals.

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607
ADVERTISEMENT