ADVERTISEMENT

Why is no one talking about Luka?

This is a fair take.

When I roll my eyes is the “get off my lawn” crowd who says the NBA has unskilled players who just iso and don’t play D. It’s clear they haven’t watched a game since 2004.

.....checked on it quite a few times since then. Verdict: Still boring.

Comparing the regular season in CBB and the NBA is tough because college games matter more. Pretty much the reason I start following the NBA in April and not October. The NBA playoffs are absolutely fantastic though.

Reactions: bignish
Comparing the regular season in CBB and the NBA is tough because college games matter more. Pretty much the reason I start following the NBA in April and not October. The NBA playoffs are absolutely fantastic though.
Spot on Jimbo, you don't need to watch every regular season game to get a pulse of what's going on in the league and you can start tuning in right after March Madness.

The NBA Playoffs are fantastic.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Ffs how many NBA teams are tanking? The pistons suck and are gonna trade Drummond but I just looked and there are still like 7 teams worse? Holy fvck the nba sucks.

Ffs how many NBA teams are tanking? The pistons suck and are gonna trade Drummond but I just looked and there are still like 7 teams worse? Holy fvck the nba sucks.

The Griffin/Drummond experiment has failed. With Griffin on the shelf (gee, who could have possibly expected that...) its time to blow the whole thing up.

The Griffin/Drummond experiment has failed. With Griffin on the shelf (gee, who could have possibly expected that...) its time to blow the whole thing up.

Yup

Except 25% of the league is also “blowing things up”. I could never join the NBA circle jerk here when 25% of the league is happy to lose.

Yup

Except 25% of the league is also “blowing things up”. I could never join the NBA circle jerk here when 25% of the league is happy to lose.

Ehh. Some of the teams just suck. Same as always. The 80s and 90s has plenty of really awful teams too.

Ok but can you admit its based on school loyalty, tradition and/or because you grew up watching due to your affiliation with a top program?

All @GE Nole and @UL_1986 and others are saying is that its very unlikely for someone who didn't grow up cheering for a specific CBB team or watch the Tournament religiously with their family to prefer CBB to the NBA now.

If you like basketball, there's only one league that's offering a high quality product for the sport now and its not NCAA hoops.

@SIhoosier26

The ratings are down and we all know why, it has nothing to do with the product on the court.
Ratings are down for college basketball too, also baseball, NFL, college football, the only sport growing in viewership in the us the past 5 years is soccer. That's only because it was nothing for so long.

Ratings are down for college basketball too, also baseball, NFL, college football, the only sport growing in viewership in the us the past 5 years is soccer. That's only because it was nothing for so long.
They are significantly down now though, even when we are all starved for sports since we didn't have anything for months. I think his point was that most people are tired of the political affiliation in the sports world now and would rather not watch at all because of it. Sports used to be an escape from all the bullshit, now it's at the forefront.

Reactions: cdbearde
They are significantly down now though, even when we are all starved for sports since we didn't have anything for months. I think his point was that most people are tired of the political affiliation in the sports world now and would rather not watch at all because of it. Sports used to be an escape from all the bullshit, now it's at the forefront.
I know what he meant, but every single sport viewership is down post pandemic. Everyone started with giant ratings and now it's a huge dip. it's our of scope of what people are used to: rules, game times, different seasons. I'm normally a huge hockey playoff fan, but can't get into it. I watched 2 Blackhawks games since it's back. I'm not used to watching hockey at home in August after I worked and was a virtual school teachers aid. I'm also a huge track and field fan. Monaco Diamond League event ratings were dismal in the US and Europe compared to previous years.

I'm not shocked a noon on Monday playoff game in Orlando with no fans didn't get ratings considering everything else going on.

Just did a quick check, premier league ratings are down in Europe. I don't think that's BLM relevant.

I know what he meant, but every single sport viewership is down post pandemic. Everyone started with giant ratings and now it's a huge dip. it's our of scope of what people are used to: rules, game times, different seasons. I'm normally a huge hockey playoff fan, but can't get into it. I watched 2 Blackhawks games since it's back. I'm not used to watching hockey at home in August after I worked and was a virtual school teachers aid. I'm also a huge track and field fan. Monaco Diamond League event ratings were dismal in the US and Europe compared to previous years.

I'm not shocked a noon on Monday playoff game in Orlando with no fans didn't get ratings considering everything else going on.
Sorry my Knights had to send the Blackhawks packing. At least you don't have to worry about watching them anymore. :D

I wasn't talking about the noon game times, their prime time game had only 2.2 million viewers which is all time bad when it comes to the NBA playoffs. Obviously the noon games were even worse.

You can justify it however you like but people don't watch basketball to be called a racist for 3 hours.

I wasn't talking about the noon game times, their prime time game had only 2.2 million viewers which is all time bad when it comes to the NBA playoffs. Obviously the noon games were even worse.

You can justify it however you like but people don't watch basketball to be called a racist for 3 hours.
Why are the Premier league and Bundesliga ratings similarly down? Too many racists not watching?

Reactions: UL_1986
Why are the Premier league and Bundesliga ratings similarly down? Too many racists not watching?
I don't know what's worse, the fact that you're using soccer to explain why NBA ratings are down (all time low) in America. Or classifying everyone that doesn't want Democratic race baiting propaganda thrown in their face while they're watching a game, as "racists".

Just go ahead and do you bro.

Watched every game yesterday and wasn’t called a racist once. You guys must have a guilty conscience.

I remember when I used to go to all the Austin Peay games. The Austin Peay/Murray games were as intense as any pro game IMO. It would get pretty wild in the stands between the fans. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing but I do agree the atmosphere is generally different in the college rivalries.

FLUSH THE PEAY!!!!!!

Didn’t know u had ties to my neck of the world lol.

OT but I Had a real good buddy who was a freshmen for Mirray States football team, third stringer. Well we were playing Austin Peay who was terrible at football. Well anyways the starting RB got hurt the opening kickoff, the second string got hurt the first series. So my buddy was forced into the starting role and went on to set the OVC single game rushing record lmao. He was like, “brah I was scoring so many touchdowns the damn horse couldn’t keep up” (they used to have a horse named racer run the length of the field after every touchdown). He was kicked off the team like 3 weeks later, he was a clown but A good friend none the less.

Watched every game yesterday and wasn’t called a racist once. You guys must have a guilty conscience.
Good, I have no problem with people watching as I've watched a few games as well (I'm a big Pacers fan). The quality of basketball is great, it's a great product. Good as it's ever been.

Reactions: theetommyt
FLUSH THE PEAY!!!!!!

Didn’t know u had ties to my neck of the world lol.

OT but I Had a real good buddy who was a freshmen for Mirray States football team, third stringer. Well we were playing Austin Peay who was terrible at football. Well anyways the starting RB got hurt the opening kickoff, the second string got hurt the first series. So my buddy was forced into the starting role and went on to set the OVC single game rushing record lmao. He was like, “brah I was scoring so many touchdowns the damn horse couldn’t keep up” (they used to have a horse named racer run the length of the field after every touchdown). He was kicked off the team like 3 weeks later, he was a clown but A good friend none the less.

Yeah, I have a couple of degrees from the Peay. My HS basketball coach was a Murray State legend as well. Was a tremendous player for them. Austin Peay sucked at football for a long time. Decent the last few years though.

Murray has a very solid basketball program and tremendous fanbase. There was this one basketball game at the Dunn Center where a bunch of AP male cheerleaders got into it with a bunch of Murray fans and were suspended for a while. I was at that one and thought the entire stadium was going to brawl.

Yea back when by buddy set that record against AP football they were terrible it was like 05-06. I’m not even sure they had athletic scholarships for football.

But I hear on the radio they won the ovc very recently so they are def on the come up.

Idk how old u are hit unless ur coach was Popeye Jones I’ve likely never heard of him lol. I was in school when Cannon was there but out by the time Payne took over.

crazy such a small school has had such amazing PG play the past decade or so with Ja obv being the cherry on top.

Yea back when by buddy set that record against AP football they were terrible it was like 05-06. I’m not even sure they had athletic scholarships for football.

But I hear on the radio they won the ovc very recently so they are def on the come up.

Yeah, no 'ships back then. They restored them several years ago.

Idk how old u are hit unless ur coach was Popeye Jones I’ve likely never heard of him lol. I was in school when Cannon was there but out by the time Payne took over.

crazy such a small school has had such amazing PG play the past decade or so with Ja obv being the cherry on top.

I'm 44 and this guy is in his 70s I think. He was a crazy good player though. I've seen him make shot after shot from 30-35 feet without ever changing his form. Cannon was a bad dude.

Rhetorical questions are fun. How’d you like SNU calling me a racial slur against Hispanics earlier. Lol that’s the same as white boy right? Where’s your outrage!?

I didn’t know he did that and how was my question rhetorical?

ADVERTISEMENT