ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the worst #1 all time team and fanbase?

I think these qualify.

• Kansas

• Duke

• North Carolina

• UCLA

• Kentucky

• Indiana

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
FlHezV9zWkIy_PYDbElTV1ZBdeIYMxGIskzyLX63ECu3ZtHfn55DqOFLcSKVbPzD5MGTOfibYpPIbkOsDc5Aag2qm7qrqSjJraYxaiILdm72CiGkMyPIUUFD-3q2EGOjueVZ

Ever heard the term "wigger" before? Not even sure if its a real thing. But if it is, I present Louisville fans.

When I see this image, douchebag is the first word that comes to mind.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kansas gets a bye...In 2018 I was in DC at Church Key sitting in a booth with my two young sons watching the 'Nova vs Kansas game wearing a 'Nova golf shirt...While we were excited during the game, nothing OTT. More incredulous as to the score, especially the start, and outcome and trying to remain low key. Afterward, a few KU fans (including an attractive woman) walked past our booth and just said "congratulations, nice win". Didn't think we were even noticed and they didn't have to say anything...also a friend I played softball with, and we batted 3 & 4, when I lived in Singapore was from Kansas & KU. Good times...

Reactions: Random UK Fan
To me it’s IU, and it’s not close.

They think they are still a blue blood, when they haven’t even made a tournament in what, 5 years?? Great history, no one will ever debate that, but in the present they aren’t even the best program in their own state.

Reactions: boilerdt
Confused as well. To me its Georgia Tech. Recruiting hotbed in atlanta, yet never do much of anything in either of the main sports. Also prob the last p5 school ever to both run a triple option offense and be sponsered by russell athletics just a few years ago when johnson was the coach.
This is similar to people saying Northwestern has an “advantage” being in the Chicago market, ignoring they are a tiny private school with academic restrictions and a lack of institutional support for athletics. Does it really matter if you’re IN the Atlanta/Chicago market if you’re outnumbered 10:1 by UGA/Illini fans??

Also, Mizzou has the worst fans in the country, lol.

I have no problem with wearing jerseys, have a few packers and dodgers jerseys myself, even a teddy UL jersey. Dont much see the problem personally.

But i also havent worn a suit in about a decade and think anyone that ties a noose around their neck every morning is a moron 🤷‍♂️.

Just a leash that their master cut bc they know they aint goin too far anyways.
-yellowstone

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
This is similar to people saying Northwestern has an “advantage” being in the Chicago market, ignoring they are a tiny private school with academic restrictions and a lack of institutional support for athletics. Does it really matter if you’re IN the Atlanta/Chicago market if you’re outnumbered 10:1 by UGA/Illini fans??

Also, Mizzou has the worst fans in the country, lol.
Still doesnt explain them hiring a coach thats runs the triple option and having russel athletic as their sponsor.

Is GT a prestigious academic school like NW? Since we joined the acc we have heard how we are miles behind academically to the likes of UVA and Duke but i dont much remember GT being mentioned.

idk i guess obv being in the acc i have more knowledge about the acc than other conferences, and i just think GT could be a sleeping giant with the right AD. But i mean hell pastner won the accT once and johnson even went to an orange bowl so its not like their programs have been dumpster fires every single year.

Maryland fans have been kind of brutal to opposing fans and family members of other teams. Seems like we had a few run-ins. Want to say it was in 2001 when some of the fans were throwing bottles and other objects at the parents of Jason Williams, Chris Duhon, and Carlos Boozer. A few years later they were screaming some pretty vile things about JJ Redick's sister. Redick also got prank-called multiple times by MD fans who got a hold of his number somehow. Feel like there's more, but those were two incidents that quickly came to mind.

On this board, though, the Maryland fans are cool. And I honestly have no beef with Maryland. Just know some of the Terrapin fans have been very aggressive in the past.

Duke basketball fans are always the easiest to spot by the way across the country.
Its always the former high school hotshot player from either a small rural town high school or the private catholic school. This dude is white of course. Volume shooter. Average athlete. Lunch pail and student of the game type. First to the gym every day. Got to get shots in. They Just dream of making a final shot in Cameron indoor. These dudes are all over Indiana. Basically john Scheyer looks like every duke fan in the country.

lzsC9Jg.gif

@IUfanBorden , @HoosierstuckinIowa , @Da_Bull , etc

Y’all may want to start defending your honor. The Boiler fans are prison raping y’all! jumpingsmile
Just got home....I dont get involved with that,stuff. Its meaningless. BUT.......the funny thing is, as bad as Indiana has been the past 20 years----We've still been to a Final Four. Have more Big 10 titles(4-3), and just one less SW 16(5-4).

Purdue is celebrating that.......And we are pissed.

Tells ya'll ya really need to know.

Just got home....I dont get involved with that,stuff. Its meaningless. BUT.......the funny thing is, as bad as Indiana has been the past 20 years----We've still been to a Final Four. Have more Big 10 titles(4-3), and just one less SW 16(5-4).

Lol. No one likes you guys.

Depends on how you're defining worst. If we're talking behavior, I think Indiana wins by a pretty wide margin.

If we're talking about just being a piss poor fan base, it's got to be UCLA.

Depends on how you're defining worst. If we're talking behavior, I think Indiana wins by a pretty wide margin.

If we're talking about just being a piss poor fan base, it's got to be UCLA.
Bandwagon fans are pretty bad.

Reactions: CB3UK

20 years is a long time. Your final four was in 2002 and your last S16 was in 2016. Nobody is saying that IU doesn't have great history, but it's the way the programs are trending is what people at Purdue are celebrating.

Our recent history has us with conference championships in 2017 and 2019, S16's in 2017, 2018 and 2019 with an E8 in 2019. We were one fluke play from beating the eventual national champ for the FF. Now we have a team that looks equipped to win another conference championship and a possible deep tourney run. Recruiting over the last 4-5 years for Purdue has been some of the highest in Painters era so the future looks bright.

20 years is a long time. Your final four was in 2002 and your last S16 was in 2016. Nobody is saying that IU doesn't have great history, but it's the way the programs are trending is what people at Purdue are celebrating.

Our recent history has us with conference championships in 2017 and 2019, S16's in 2017, 2018 and 2019 with an E8 in 2019. We were one fluke play from beating the eventual national champ for the FF. Now we have a team that looks equipped to win another conference championship and a possible deep tourney run. Recruiting over the last 4-5 years for Purdue has been some of the highest in Painters era so the future looks bright.
Agree....Our program has been shit--and Purdue has certainly been better. But at the end of the day, i.e., those 20 years, even with IU's program being stuck in the mud, there just isn't some hug gap with OVERALL success....IU has more B10 titles in those LONG 20 years....Just one less SW 16, and well, an actual Final Four.

And nuttin against you brother, or most Bolier fans on here----But your best years, is barely better than our worst....

And yes----20 years between FF's is a long time----But ,ummmm,not as long as 42(Purdue's last Final Four).

Recent history, Purdue wins....But again, not by that much. IU has conference titles in 2013 and 2016...SW 16's in 2012, 2013 and 2016....Of course there is the NCAAT drought---which would have ended if not for COVID...But still.

We are gonna agree to disagree...And that's fine. Painter has hit his stride, and you dudes have a very good team(this year). Recruting is solid. So we will see. I like what Woody has done, and what he's doing.

Agree....Our program has been shit--and Purdue has certainly been better. But at the end of the day, i.e., those 20 years, even with IU's program being stuck in the mud, there just isn't some hug gap with OVERALL success....IU has more B10 titles in those LONG 20 years....Just one less SW 16, and well, an actual Final Four.
Yes, but those years also included the fall of Keady and transition to Painter. Painter had to rebuild the program so there were some really bad years in there for us.
And nuttin against you brother, or most Bolier fans on here----But your best years, is barely better than our worst....
Umm... I don't know how you can make this statement. Our best years we've won 30 games. You're saying the worst years for IU you were still winning close to 30 games?
And yes----20 years between FF's is a long time----But ,ummmm,not as long as 42(Purdue's last Final Four).
I wasn't saying 20 years as in a knock on how long it's been since a FF. Just saying it's a long time, hence as I mentioned it goes back before Painter. Trust me, I'm well aware of our drought and thought we had cracked it in 2019. Oh well, hopefully this year.
Recent history, Purdue wins....But again, not by that much. IU has conference titles in 2013 and 2016...SW 16's in 2012, 2013 and 2016....Of course there is the NCAAT drought---which would have ended if not for COVID...But still.
Yep and you guys were a #1 seed in 2013 as well.
We are gonna agree to disagree...And that's fine. Painter has hit his stride, and you dudes have a very good team(this year). Recruting is solid. So we will see. I like what Woody has done, and what he's doing.
Not sure which part you're agreeing to disagree on, but I think Painter has began to set himself up as the guy to beat in conference. There's things to fix yet for sure, but I think we are setting ourselves up for some sustained success much like Keady did only better.

Last edited:
FlHezV9zWkIy_PYDbElTV1ZBdeIYMxGIskzyLX63ECu3ZtHfn55DqOFLcSKVbPzD5MGTOfibYpPIbkOsDc5Aag2qm7qrqSjJraYxaiILdm72CiGkMyPIUUFD-3q2EGOjueVZ

Ever heard the term "wigger" before? Not even sure if its a real thing. But if it is, I present Louisville fans.
You used to be a quality poster, now you go all JC (make up shit) in most of your posts. But continue on little buddy

You used to be a quality poster, now you go all JC (make up shit) in most of your posts. But continue on little buddy
Oh get over yourself. The first post I had in this thread said UK or Duke. I have literally shit on UK itt. Maybe you’re just someone who can dish it out and not take it. There’s plenty of those, little guy.

Reactions: rockycard
This ones easy to let them have. If they think a large portion of our white fanbase are “wiggers” not too hard to conclude what they think of the black portion of our fanbase 🤷‍♂️ bbn gonna bbn tho

Indiana in a landslide! Congrats for actually winning something, Hoosiers!
You guys still butthurt over 2012? 🤣

I dunno why---Last I heard, IU had released the last of the hostages they took...🤣

Every fan base is the worst----especially if its your rival. Never understood some of this. You get 24,000 fans ,or 17,000, or 20,000-----A few act up, and suddenly,the entire fan base is awful. Folk pretend as if their fanbase are full of a bunch of pastors,missionary workers. I've worked/been to many venues...I cannot tell you how many times a few have been complete ass clowns, and acutally had fans apologize for their behavior.

People have become soft. SO a few call you names, etc, etc....Yell profanity. Big deal. If it hurts your feelings that much, stay home, and watch the fukin game on TV.

Reactions: Villian07
You guys still butthurt over 2012? 🤣

I dunno why---Last I heard, IU had released the last of the hostages they took...🤣
2012? You mean 2011? lol I don't think anyone, maybe IU is butt hurt. Yeah you got us early, we got you back on our way the natty.

Its kind of like UofL now, for the most part the game outcomes haven't been a simblence of a rivalry.

2012? You mean 2011? lol I don't think anyone, maybe IU is butt hurt. Yeah you got us early, we got you back on our way the natty.

Its kind of like UofL now, for the most part the game outcomes haven't been a simblence of a rivalry.
In fairness, it was the 2012 season...

IU/UK is no way shape or form comparable to UL/UK...Cats lead series with IU, 32-25. And IU had won two of the past 3---including 2nd round win in 2016. UL's last win over UK was a squeaker over a 9-16 Kentucky team. Before that,I couldn't tell ya the last time UL beat UK. And the series ain't close.

I have no reason to be "butthurt". Its a game I think that should be played. Not sure how Woody feels, but it seems as if he doesn't. No mention has been made,and IU just picked up a home/home with Kansas.

This ones easy to let them have. If they think a large portion of our white fanbase are “wiggers” not too hard to conclude what they think of the black portion of our fanbase 🤷‍♂️ bbn gonna bbn tho
You guys can be such babies. I literally said in MY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD that MY TEAM was tied for first. Yet you and rocky are hung up on some little joke that hasn't been regurgitated in probably 10 years. Suck it up, crybaby.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT