ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the worst #1 all time team and fanbase?

I think these qualify.

• Kansas

• Duke

• North Carolina

• UCLA

• Kentucky

• Indiana

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Confused as well. To me its Georgia Tech. Recruiting hotbed in atlanta, yet never do much of anything in either of the main sports. Also prob the last p5 school ever to both run a triple option offense and be sponsered by russell athletics just a few years ago when johnson was the coach.

I surprisingly voted for Kansas. Thought their fans were total d bag when i saw them in person at the opening rounds of the 1992? NCAA tournament. That impression has stuck with me for a long time.

Reactions: jmw23712
Picked “other” because when I think of annoying fans with a crummy team I think NC State. They have never lost a game because the refs always screw them. There are also many conspiracy theories that are pretty popular in their circles about how the ACC has made it their goal to keep the Wolpfack down.

I surprisingly voted for Kansas. Thought their fans were total d bag when i saw them in person at the opening rounds of the 1992? NCAA tournament. That impression has stuck with me for a long time.

I went to the 2012 elite 8 matchup between KU and UNC in Saint Louis and I can’t disagree. Their fans were super obnoxious as a whole. There was one guy sitting near me that basically wanted to pick a fight with me because I was wearing a Carolina blue button-up shirt. I took some clients to the game so I didn’t act in any way or say anything that should have gotten me any negative attention from anyone. Just being there in Carolina blue was apparently enough. Total d-bags.

Reactions: jmw23712
I went to the 2012 elite 8 matchup between KU and UNC in Saint Louis and I can’t disagree. Their fans were super obnoxious as a whole. There was one guy sitting near me that basically wanted to pick a fight with me because I was wearing a Carolina blue button-up shirt. I took some clients to the game so I didn’t act in any way or say anything that should have gotten me any negative attention from anyone. Just being there in Carolina blue was apparently enough. Total d-bags.
Did the outcome skew your view on this one?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
LOL. Well, that clinches it. Two people once encountered a couple obnoxious fans, therefore KU has the most rotten fanbase on the planet.

Can only go with what you experience, but I didn’t even vote for KU. I wouldn’t even put you guys in my top 3.
There's a portion of the fanbase that was bitter about the Roy situation for several years, so it's not that shocking to hear about one drunk fan talking trash to a UNC fan.

I will say that there are plenty of obnoxious Chiefs fans, and there's obviously some crossover between the fanbases. Lawrence people tend to be pretty mild-mannered and easy to get along with. If anything, I think they're a little too PC and scared to offend.

Come on guys theres idiots and assholes in every fan base. The larger the fan base the more likely they have more assholes/idiots than teams with smaller followings.

Reactions: cdbearde
I thibk we should assign titles to teams idiot fans. Like michigans are arrogant ive read here before. Uk-hillbillies UL-linebeards duke-snooty etc etc

Duke basketball fans are always the easiest to spot by the way across the country.
Its always the former high school hotshot player from either a small rural town high school or the private catholic school. This dude is white of course. Volume shooter. Average athlete. Lunch pail and student of the game type. First to the gym every day. Got to get shots in. They Just dream of making a final shot in Cameron indoor. These dudes are all over Indiana. Basically john Scheyer looks like every duke fan in the country.

Linebeards? Is that their thing?
FlHezV9zWkIy_PYDbElTV1ZBdeIYMxGIskzyLX63ECu3ZtHfn55DqOFLcSKVbPzD5MGTOfibYpPIbkOsDc5Aag2qm7qrqSjJraYxaiILdm72CiGkMyPIUUFD-3q2EGOjueVZ

Ever heard the term "wigger" before? Not even sure if its a real thing. But if it is, I present Louisville fans.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Ok, so far we've got:

Duke - snobs
UK - hillbillies
UL - wiggers

I'll add:
KU - pasty homosexuals
Texas - delusional cowboys
Missouri - angry mullets
UCLA - endangered species

What else?

Linebeards? Is that their thing?
Per uk fans i guess. Idk i dont live in the city. I think its supposed to be a racist thing, singling out ghetto white people who “act” black. Im not real sure tbh, i dont live in the city and dont much associate linebeards with much of anything but its a pretty common rebuttal in rival arguments. Miles better than the blackbirds i suppose, which used to be some of uks fans fave nickname for the cardinals.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Per uk fans i guess. Idk i dont live in the city. I think its supposed to be a racist thing, singling out ghetto white people who “act” black. Im not real sure tbh, i dont live in the city and dont much associate linebeards with much of anything but its a pretty common rebuttal in rival arguments. Miles better than the blackbirds i suppose, which used to be some of uks fans fave nickname for the cardinals.
I'm white so I'm definitely allowed to say wigger ;) and in your defense, I haven't used that term in a long time for Louisville fans. It seems like years ago there was a lot of back and forth between Louisville and Kentucky fans, and it was all directed at UK fans being racist and U of L fans being ghetto. Over my years, I have run in to plenty of redneck Louisville fans, and plenty of ghetto Kentucky fans. Geographically, the stereotypes just fit a little better going the other way. Kentucky will naturally have more redneck fans than Louisville, just as Louisville naturally will have more ghetto/gang banger fans than Kentucky.

Reactions: Villian07
I dont think white people get sole possesion of using the word wigger like AFrican American people do the Nword 🤣 not real sure if everyone can say it or no one should say it 😂

But yea totally agree with your post.

I live out in the state tho, its not kkk country but still prolly 80% white people, so like linebeards i just never understood why that was synonymous with “wigger” or had any racial undertones. I guess it was a popular fashion among gangbangers at the time?

I don't know if I've just always found people on their best behavior but I've had zero bad encounters.

UK, IU, Purdue, WKU, IL, WVU, Cincy, FSU, Miami FL, WF, Duke, UVA, Arky, Memphis, S. Carolina, FLA, Vandy, - yes even Memphis.

No issues. None. Have had beer @ tailgates or a bar with all of the above and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Will add, Louisville beat Cincy in an epic Friday night football game and at a bar after the game I was blown away by how cool the Cincy fans were that we drank with. Pops told me it was a heated rivalry but I just didn't experience it.

ADVERTISEMENT