ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is the Second Best Conference and Why?

DezyVol

Aug 3, 2008
ACC is still at the top, and the polls reflect that (7 top 25 teams).

As far as polls are concerned, the order then goes:

SEC (6)
B1G (4)
B12 (3)

Has the SEC passed the B1G?

Any metric that shows the ACC as the third best conference should be immediately shut down.
Is there anyone that believes the BIG10 is the best conference and the ACC is third best?

It’s about top to bottom.

Reactions: Spacegrass
ACC is clearly the best conference and it would be hard to formulate an ingenuous argument against it.

Duke, UNC, and Virginia are elite and the next group down are stout.

Reactions: Tigerocker
ACC is clearly the best conference and it would be hard to formulate an ingenuous argument against it.

Duke, UNC, and Virginia are elite and the next group down are stout.
UNC isn't elite, they fall into the good category. There are about 5-6 teams that have separated themselves from the pack, the rest are just good teams. Tennessee is in that 5-6 btw.

UNC isn't elite, they fall into the good category. There are about 5-6 teams that have separated themselves from the pack, the rest are just good teams. Tennessee is in that 5-6 btw.
I'll raise your good on UNC and give you very good and dangerous, agreed?

You folks seems to be tired of UT, so why bring them up?

And that further reinforces my point, but in reality, why would we care about teams like Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma State and Wake Forest? All that really matters are teams that are NCAAT good.

That’s not even the teams making the difference. Next time say just the top half of the conference rankings.

It's pretty close between the SEC,B1G & B12 but have to go along with others that the ACC is top dog right now.

Let’s do a team by team comparison of SEC - ACC - B1G - B12

1. Duke - Tennessee - Kansas - Michigan
2. UVA - Kentucky - Texas Tech - Mich St
3. VT - Auburn - Iowa St - Maryland
4. UNC - Ole Miss - Kansas St - Iowa
5. NC St - Miss St - TCU - Purdue
6. Syracuse - LSU - Oklahoma - Wiscy
7. Pitt - USCe - Baylor - Ohio St
8. Clemson - Alabama - Texas - Minny

In my mind the SEC has either the 1st or 2nd best team in 5 of those 8

Let’s do a team by team comparison of SEC - ACC - B1G - B12

1. Duke - Tennessee - Kansas - Michigan
2. UVA - Kentucky - Texas Tech - Mich St
3. VT - Auburn - Iowa St - Maryland
4. UNC - Ole Miss - Kansas St - Iowa
5. NC St - Miss St - TCU - Purdue
6. Syracuse - LSU - Oklahoma - Wiscy
7. Pitt - USCe - Baylor - Ohio St
8. Clemson - Alabama - Texas - Minny

In my mind the SEC has either the 1st or 2nd best team in 5 of those 8

You don’t even have the 8 best teams from each conference. You are clueless.

Reactions: northeastspartan
KP rankings of top 10 teams in KP for P4.

B1G/B12/ACC/SEC
3/9/1/5
6/10/2/12
8/13/7/15
14/22/11/21
16/28/17/23
18/29/31/24
25/41/33/30
36/43/38/56
37/72/47/65
59/85/64/78

Also noticed Florida is an odd one in KP. Ranked 23rd, 10-7 with top wins against 40 Butler, 65 Arkansas, 85 WV, 115 Georgia.

It really depends on which metric you're trying to define. Deepest conference? Big Ten. Conference with the best teams at the bottom of the standings? Big 12... Which conference has the most FF contenders? Probably the ACC, followed by the SEC.

ACC is top-heavy. Lots of mediocre teams in the conference, IMO. 3 obvious FF contenders. But FSU, Cuse, VT, NC State have potential to win a few games, too. I think we'll see at least 2 ACC teams in the Elite 8.

Big Ten has lots of NCAA teams, but probably only two teams that will go very far in the tournament (MSU/Michigan).

Big 12 has few weak links. Winning on the road is very challenging in that conference. Tech and KU are FF contenders.

SEC is kind of similar to the ACC, a few very elite teams at the top. Tennessee appears to be the cream of the crop. Kentucky, Auburn, and LSU aren't too far behind. I think any of those 4 teams could make the FF.

The SEC is UK and that's it.

You watch who will be playing late in March and who won't.

UK will, none of the rest will

The SEC is UK and that's it.

You watch who will be playing late in March and who won't.

UK will, none of the rest will
You probably need to buy a news paper or click a sports page and update your thinking to catch up with 2019.

I'll raise your good on UNC and give you very good and dangerous, agreed?

You folks seems to be tired of UT, so why bring them up?
dangerous when they're hitting threes, they're like Auburn and are going to live and die by the three.

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT