ADVERTISEMENT

Which Team Stands the Best Chance of Beating Duke for the Natty?

I got it from the 1993 movie, Tombstone with Kurt Russell and Sam Elliot. Judging from your posting adeptness, you were probably not born yet.

That’s weak sauce. Im not your huckleberry...

I asked what 3-5 seed can beat us.. I’ll wait
Any of them. Zion gets fouled out or sits with trouble, Barrett has an off night and/or the other teams 2 guard goes off on a three clinic.

Are you really that arrogant to think Duke can't be beat?

I'll wait...

Any of them. Zion gets fouled out or sits with trouble, Barrett has an off night and/or the other teams 2 guard goes off on a three clinic.

Are you really that arrogant to think Duke can't be beat?

I'll wait...

Can be beat? Yes if we have injuries or a top team. A 3-5 seed no we arent losing to them. Don’t let your two year run blind you to what real greatness looks like. And I like UT but I have never met a fan like you. If there are many it would change my entire outlook on the team

Can be beat? Yes if we have injuries or a top team. A 3-5 seed no we arent losing to them. Don’t let your two year run blind you to what real greatness looks like. And I like UT but I have never met a fan like you. If there are many it would change my entire outlook on the team

I gave you a scenario in which Duke could lose as you requested. Do you disagree, you think Duke could overcome that? Answer the friggin question, don't start blabbing about injuries. Btw, UT's relevance has nothing with my question.

Real greatness is undefeated National Champions. Real delusion is thinking something less than that is real greatness. Your foolishness is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Finally, if you disagree with my points, prove them wrong with counter points or agree to disagree, but don't come at me personally.

I gave you a scenario in which Duke could lose as you requested. Do you disagree, you think Duke could overcome that? Answer the friggin question, don't start blabbing about injuries. Btw, UT's relevance has nothing with my question.

Real greatness is undefeated National Champions. Real delusion is thinking something less than that is real greatness. Your foolishness is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Finally, if you disagree with my points, prove them wrong with counter points or agree to disagree, but don't come at me personally.

So we havent had a great team since 76? Right. And I want to hear who can beat us you’ve yet to name a team that’s a 3-5 seed

So we havent had a great team since 76? Right. And I want to hear who can beat us you’ve yet to name a team that’s a 3-5 seed
I gave you the scenario. You were the one that wrote two post requesting it. What is wrong with you? Are you just being willfully obtuse?
Do you think Duke could lose to a 3-5 under those circumstances or not? If not, explain why?
Either come back with an answer or don't come back at all.
Jeeeeeez

I gave you the scenario. You were the one that wrote two post requesting it. What is wrong with you? Are you just being willfully obtuse?
Do you think Duke could lose to a 3-5 under those circumstances or not? If not, explain why?
Jeeeeeez

No I do not believe duke will lose to a 3-5 seed under any scenario outside of a major player getting injured and K not having time to adjust

Your turn who is it you think will do it? I wanna know.

Jeeeeeez

Duke won't lose to a 3-5 seed. It's normally a 13/14 that beat them.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
No I do not believe duke will lose to a 3-5 seed under any scenario outside of a major player getting injured and K not having time to adjust

Your turn who is it you think will do it? I wanna know.
You haven't explained why you think Duke could win if Zion sat most of the first half with foul trouble and fouled out early in the second half along with Barrett have a cold night shooting and the opposing @ guard hitting 10 Threes. You haven't explained that at all.

UVA also currently has the 2nd largest efficiency margin in the Kenpom era (only behind 2015 Kentucky) and we just lost to Duke without Tre Jones. Do I really think Duke is THAT much better than UVA because they beat us by 2 points at home, even without Tre? Does that mean they are guaranteed to beat us at UVA by even more when they get Tre Jones back? Not at all.

People like @bignish like to use Kenpom as indicators of who the best teams are. But they are simply predictive models. Doesn't guarantee shit in a one game scenario. I think a fully healthy Duke is the best team in the country. But I don't think they are invincible.
Once we get Tre back and barring any other injuries to key players before then I believe we’ll win the rematch but I agree with you that it will most likely still be a close game.

UK beats Duke in the title game, by 34. A 68-point turnaround from the game 1 to game 40. SmokinSmile
Lol...
Pump the brakes man, this Duke team is really good but anything can happen in a one game scenario. Duke had 2 guys out against Cuse which sucked but that had nothing to do with Tyus Battle going nuts from the field. Shit happens, I've seen really good teams run into buzzsaws in the tournament that play out of their mind for one game.

Reactions: jhmossy and della
Lol...

Pump the brakes man, this Duke team is really good but anything can happen in a one game scenario. Duke had 2 guys out against Cuse which sucked but that had nothing to do with Tyus Battle going nuts from the field. Shit happens, I've seen really good teams run into buzzsaws in the tournament that play out of their mind for one game.

Pump what brakes? I said without injury. A Nevada or team of that caliber isnt beating us without a catastrophic event

You haven't explained why you think Duke could win if Zion sat most of the first half with foul trouble and fouled out early in the second half along with Barrett have a cold night shooting and the opposing @ guard hitting 10 Threes. You haven't explained that at all.

Ahh okay lol I’ll let ya win in that case sure if Zion is out a whole game and Barrett can’t hit water and some guard scores 30 plus on the beat defender in the country yes we can lose

Ahh okay lol I’ll let ya win in that case sure if Zion is out a whole game and Barrett can’t hit water and some guard scores 30 plus on the beat defender in the country yes we can lose
This same scenario happened against TTU. Y'all trailed most of the game and if TTU had some one go off with the three clinic, y'all would have lost.

You appeared to think I was just out to bash Duke and that is the furthermost thing from the truth. Duke is my second favorite team and I have all the respect in the world for them. Duke is the most talented team in the country personal wise and I have never argued against that, but Duke is beatable. Anyone can have an off night and the other team can play over their heads.

Finally, you didn't let me win, you came to your senses. :)

Reactions: pisgah101
Assuming Duke gets there, I'm wondering if Michigan is the team? They seem to be pretty consistent. I still pull for Charles Matthews. I liked the kid at UK, but he just never got the chance to develop like he did at Michigan.

@hailtoyourvictor

I’m watching Michigan right now and Tennessee, Virginia, and Gonzaga would all boatrace the wolverines.

UT, Zags, Duke, UVA In no particular order

If we play like we did against Nova, North Carolina, and Purdue we can beat anybody. If we play like we did against Wisconsin, we'll lose more than I'd like. Depends what Michigan team decides to show up offensively.

If we play like we did against Nova, North Carolina, and Purdue we can beat anybody. If we play like we did against Wisconsin, we'll lose more than I'd like. Depends what Michigan team decides to show up offensively.
Road games are tough and at anytime a good team can be beat on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT