ADVERTISEMENT

Which School (KU or Duke) Will Benefit Cooper Flagg More?

Notoriety? Duke.

Talent useage? Kansas.

There’s no way i’m picking a 2nd year coach in scheyer over a 2 time champion and what…30 year vet in Self?

Flagg apparently grew up a Duke fan though. And with some of these guys it really doesn’t matter where they go as far as career trajectory.
I think kids look more at coaches from a system view, opposed to what they have won. And of course now, the NIL side of things.

I mean Calipari hasn't exactly killed it on the court of late----yet keeps dragging in dudes. Why?

System. ANd he preached---"Players first"---And has the goods, 498 1st round picks to show off.

System+NIL= Big time recruit.

Notoriety? Duke.

Talent useage? Kansas.

There’s no way i’m picking a 2nd year coach in scheyer over a 2 time champion and what…30 year vet in Self?

Flagg apparently grew up a Duke fan though. And with some of these guys it really doesn’t matter where they go as far as career trajectory.
lol like coaching matters one iota to these one and dones. Literally not a single top rated one and done player has learned anything from his coach during his one year of college ball.

lol like coaching matters one iota to these one and dones. Literally not a single top rated one and done player has learned anything from his coach during his one year of college ball.

Are you saying that no OAD has ever improved during his year in college, or that you attribute none of the improvement to the coach?

I remember watching Embiid improve dramatically throughout even a shortened season. Why do you say that the coach deserves zero credit for that?

Reactions: Jdhays21
Are you saying that no OAD has ever improved during his year in college, or that you attribute none of the improvement to the coach?

I remember watching Embiid improve dramatically throughout even a shortened season. Why do you say that the coach deserves zero credit for that?
yes to the second part. I don't think any improvement made during OAD is attributable to the coach. The improvement comes from playing vs better and stronger competition. No one is teaching these guys anything during the 4 months of practicing they get as a college freshman.

And I doubt most of them are even open to learning anything. They're just biding time till they can get back to wokring with their individual trainers and preparing for the draft.

Between different recruiting websites, I want to say there's been 13 picks made about Cooper Flagg. All 13 recruiting analysts picked Duke. He's also said he's been a lifelong Duke fan.

The only thing that might lure him away is a crazy NIL deal. But, I suspect Duke can match any competing offer.
IMO the only way this kid isn't a Dukie is if he goes some sort of pro route; if he goes to college, everything I have seen and read indicates Duke.

yes to the second part. I don't think any improvement made during OAD is attributable to the coach. The improvement comes from playing vs better and stronger competition. No one is teaching these guys anything during the 4 months of practicing they get as a college freshman.

And I doubt most of them are even open to learning anything. They're just biding time till they can get back to wokring with their individual trainers and preparing for the draft.
you truly have not one clue about how big time hoops works.

Reactions: Jdhays21
IMO the only way this kid isn't a Dukie is if he goes some sort of pro route; if he goes to college, everything I have seen and read indicates Duke.

Sounds about right. Lots of kids enjoy those official visits where they roll out the red carpet for you. Lots of crazy shenanigans happens on the OVs.

He's been a heavy Duke lean for a while. And I feel confident we can match any offer. Perhaps a pro league could throw some crazy money at him to entice him another direction. He should be making 7-figures next fall at Duke, no problem.

Reactions: RipThru
Between different recruiting websites, I want to say there's been 13 picks made about Cooper Flagg. All 13 recruiting analysts picked Duke. He's also said he's been a lifelong Duke fan.

The only thing that might lure him away is a crazy NIL deal. But, I suspect Duke can match any competing offer.

Son is friends with Cooper… the KU smoke is real.

Could be blowing smoke up our a$$ because he knows we are Jayhawk fans. But he and his mother love coach Self and think he’s the best coach in hoops.
You both sound pretty confident. Between the 2 of you, who would you say is most likely right, and the other a complete delusional idiot?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You both sound pretty confident. Between the 2 of you, who would you say is most likely right, and the other a complete delusional idiot?

If more likely right means putting the odds at greater than 50%, than I'm more likely to be right. I will gladly do an avatar bet.

If more likely right means putting the odds at greater than 50%, than I'm more likely to be right. I will gladly do an avatar bet.
1gfW.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nah I would probably agree Duke is still most likely, just that it’s not a complete foregone conclusion atleast yet!

Reactions: dukedevilz
If his goal is to play in the NBA then UK, if his goal is to get paid for playing college basketball then KU

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
If his goal is to play in the NBA then UK, if his goal is to get paid for playing college basketball then KU

Yeah…the future #1 pick had better add UK to his list or he may go undrafted. You’ve outdone yourself this time, hockey puck. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: dukedevilz
UK objectively has done a far better developing NBA talent under Cal than KU has under Self and it isn’t really close. Sorry if that hurts your sensitive vagina
LOL no one has developed NBA talent in 5 months of coaching a OAD.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Self can’t develop NBA talent the way Cal can. Just accept that it’s true and plug your bleeding vagina with a tampon

Wow, I better enjoy the NBA over the next few years before it ceases to exist when Cal retires, since Cal is the only coach who can develop NBA talent. You should probably let Adam Silver know the end is near.

Some of you guys crack me up. If you recruit by far, more top 10 talent, then you should by far, have more players in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT