ADVERTISEMENT

Which 1 seed loses first?

Arkansas has only won 3 of their last 9 with those 3 wins over Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. Yet a ton of people are picking them to beat KU. Fascinating.

The narrative on KU changed based off of one game. Friday everyone had them as #1 overall seed and many best bet to make F4 along with Alabama. Now everyone picking them to lose R32. Just amazing how opinions in sports are based so much on short term memory.
Mostly because they are a very talented team that has underperformed all year. Those are the types of teams that pull off these upsets. They have the talent and you get them focused in a one-off situation and of course theyā€™ll have a shot.

Iā€™m going to send you a singing naked man telegraph. Do you want the Iowa fight song, Kansas fight song, or smack by bitch up by prodigy?
.. is this a thing? I would like this to be a thing ..
šŸ˜­No.. Virginia lost by 20 in '18
.. after their NBA kid went down pre-tourney .. meh

FDU didn't even win their conference tourney.. they got a default-bid.
And they're making the most of it.

I see a lot of talk about Memphis in this thread and Iā€™m gonna be honestā€”FAU is legit. Those dudes can shoot the nets off the rim, and Johnell Davis is a stud. Memphis better be locked in during round 1.

Tried to warn folks. FAU can freaking play.

Reactions: KisteK and jhmossy
As did FDU...

Pressure....Pressure...Pressure.

Memphis would have wrecked this team. šŸ¤£ ---They actually have tall people
Pressure isn't what lost the game. FDU dared us to beat them from 3 and we couldn't. I don't think I've ever seen a team earn a 1 seed before and look so afraid to shoot. There were countless times where we had guys that had a look that any other team would take and we didn't. Not only that, we don't drive to the basket and attack.

Pressure isn't what lost the game. FDU dared us to beat them from 3 and we couldn't. I don't think I've ever seen a team earn a 1 seed before and look so afraid to shoot. There were countless times where we had guys that had a look that any other team would take and we didn't. Not only that, we don't drive to the basket and attack.

Purdue passing up so many good looks late to try and force it into Edey. Could just tell Purdue was the extremely tight team as the game neared the finish. You could see this coming for you guys with freshman guards in the tournament just didnā€™t expect it round 1.

I hadnā€™t seen FAU play but mid majors with 30+ wins usually donā€™t go down without a fight. Was surprised Duke beat Oral Roberts that badly.

Reactions: speedfrk
I hadnā€™t seen FAU play but mid majors with 30+ wins usually donā€™t go down without a fight. Was surprised Duke beat Oral Roberts that badly.

Oral Roberts plays in one of the weakest conferences in NCAA. I wasnā€™t surprised at all. Their run a few years ago was a lot more surprising to me.

Reactions: Montana81
Purdue passing up so many good looks late to try and force it into Edey. Could just tell Purdue was the extremely tight team as the game neared the finish. You could see this coming for you guys with freshman guards in the tournament just didnā€™t expect it round 1.
Actually round 1 was the most likely place. Once a win or two happened, I think those freshman would loosen up.

Reactions: Big_C_KU
BS. They did so all year.
Can you please provide the names of who you are referencing? What wings is this that you speak of? You guys ran great sets through Edey and got to the FT line more than any other team in your league. I saw games where they ran the ball through the post nearly every possession. You didn't have that dynamic help he needed. They had to make 3s to beat people in the NCAAT.

Can you please provide the names of who you are referencing? What wings is this that you speak of? You guys ran great sets through Edey and got to the FT line more than any other team in your league. I saw games where they ran the ball through the post nearly every possession. You didn't have that dynamic help he needed. They had to make 3s to beat people in the NCAAT.
Smith and Loyer drove to the basket all season. Loyer didn't as much down the stretch due to a leg injury, but they both drove when needed.

Smith and Loyer drove to the basket all season. Loyer didn't as much down the stretch due to a leg injury, but they both drove when needed.
Smith is a PG all PGs are going to try to get to the paint but he certainly didn't drive to the basket vs FDU.

I asked about wings.

Loyer took 10 shots in the game and 8 of them were 3s. Majority of Smith's shots were 3s also. These dudes are not dynamic.

You rotated Morton and Newman at SF and they are below avg wings. Your team had insanely good coaching and ran good sets with Edey playing high level entire year.

But you had no athletes getting their own shot.

Smith is a PG all PGs are going to try to get to the paint but he certainly didn't drive to the basket vs FDU.

I asked about wings.

Loyer took 10 shots in the game and 8 of them were 3s. Majority of Smith's shots were 3s also. These dudes are not dynamic.

You rotated Morton and Newman at SF and they are below avg wings. Your team had insanely good coaching and ran good sets with Edey playing high level entire year.

But you had no athletes getting their own shot.
Nobody needed to get their own shot typically. You had Edey or a wide open 3 99% of the time.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
everyone hyping Memphis is playing right into FAU's hands.

The real question is can FAU beat Purdue?

Tried telling everyone not to sleep on FAU. Iā€™ve been hyping them to my buddy who went there since January. Mad I didnā€™t take them to go further than i did, but tough to pull the trigger on that 9 over a 1 when youā€™re doing your brackets.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT