ADVERTISEMENT

Which 1 seed loses first?

Arkansas has only won 3 of their last 9 with those 3 wins over Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. Yet a ton of people are picking them to beat KU. Fascinating.

The narrative on KU changed based off of one game. Friday everyone had them as #1 overall seed and many best bet to make F4 along with Alabama. Now everyone picking them to lose R32. Just amazing how opinions in sports are based so much on short term memory.

People flip flop from game to game. Especially if it favors what they want to believe.

Only one of the three games vs Texas was really meaningful. I don’t think it’s coincidence that it was the one that KU won (and pretty convincingly).

If people are banking on getting the KU team from Saturday in the tourney, that’s probably a bad bet. For several reasons.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
People flip flop from game to game. Especially if it favors what they want to believe.

Only one of the three games vs Texas was really meaningful. I don’t think it’s coincidence that it was the one that KU won (and pretty convincingly).

If people are banking on getting the KU team from Saturday in the tourney, that’s probably a bad bet. For several reasons.
I haven't looked but is Self back from his heart issue?

I see why everyone thinks KU’s region is tough because of the 5/11 top Kenpom teams but I think these teams are so flawed. I like computer rankings normally but they don’t make sense to me this year. They have Tennessee as a top 10 team and that is not the case. Tennessee is my second favorite school besides KU.

Before I mention others I will freely admit KU is flawed too. We can go through offensive lulls very very quickly. We have some massive swings in our pedestrian moments.

We also have won a lot of games in different ways which I tend to value in March. We also are playing really well outside of 2 games against Texas for which one of them did not matter and secondly we didn’t have our best wing defender and the best coach in CBB. I also admit Texas is really good and a tough matchup for us especially when rice is playing over Allen.

Arkansas/UCONN probably scare me more than Zaga/UCLA.

Arkansas cannot shoot 3’s and FT’s. They are long, athletic and have real talent though. Maybe playing KU brings out the best in them. i think we win but that is a potentially scary game. Arkansas is one of the youngest teams in the country.

Illinois doesn’t scare me as much but underwood is a good coach and that is a tough team.

UCONN probably scares me the most but I also know the least about them. They went 11-7 in conference although the conference was good. A Mizzou alumn was on the radio in KC who is a NBA scout and mentioned how UCONN has a guard who is a black hole on offense because he can’t shoot. Sonogo is good but doesn’t shoot 3’s. That is 2 players who can’t shoot from outside which outs Harris/McCullar on two of them which are two of the best 10 defenders in the country.

UCLA lost Clark and if KU were to make it there I doubt it would be against UCLA. Offensively they don’t jump out at me and they lost their best defender. I like Zaga or TCU on that side.

Zaga might tie UCONN for the scariest team but they don’t play defense. Everyone talks about how they have been the best team in the country since Feb 1st. Listen I am a fan of Gonzaga and I think the team is almost always legit. This team is solid. But they don’t play anyone so of course the offensive efficiency is wildly good. I think Zaga can beat Kansas for sure but this isn’t the Gonzaga we’ve seen the last several years. I don’t see overly elite guards or even great guard play. I think Kansas matches up well with Gonzaga for the first time in awhile.

The whole some of the parts looks like a tough bracket and it is but I also see some flawed teams. They are all capable of beating Kansas for sure but I think the national media are discounting Kansas a little too much here. I love that because that is when Kansas preforms the best. Last year Kansas was the most likely one seed to lose early just like this year.

The thing about this Ku team is defense. If they turn it up on defense, they will best just about anyone regardless of the night. We are good but not great on offense. We run great action and our offense relies on that. When we are getting run outs because of our defense we are almost impossible to beat. Easy buckets for this team goes a long way.

Arkansas has only won 3 of their last 9 with those 3 wins over Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. Yet a ton of people are picking them to beat KU. Fascinating.

The narrative on KU changed based off of one game. Friday everyone had them as #1 overall seed and many best bet to make F4 along with Alabama. Now everyone picking them to lose R32. Just amazing how opinions in sports are based so much on short term memory.
It’s ridiculous, neither of those sht teams are beating Kansas in R2. I think it’s also skewed because the predictive formulas (BPI, KP, etc) rank Kansas lower than the eye test.

Gonzaga, Duke, West Virginia and Marquette all pressed us too.
.Its no secret the latter part of the past month that Purdue has struggled with presure--especially Loyer---Smith as well....Its been ahot topic----Even something Painter has spoke on.

WVU/MU I can see....Have neveer known a GU/Duke team to ever press. Those games were in Nov/Dec....

Vs WVU, turned it over 18 times. That was offset though by shooting 51% overall, and 47% from three; WVU shot 22% from three.
Solid job vs MU----only 6 turnovers.
Have never known for Duke/GU to press.....To my knowledge, they never have.

Again, pressure/press are different...Pressing here and there, opposed to doing so for 40 minues, is different as well. I mean its not like I made this shit up.....Its been an issue....

We shall see if the two meet----Fla.Atlantic won't be an easy game for Memphis.

The Sweet 16 rings are being designed as we speak.
With all due respect, your avatar is not eye friendly, how about this one.

e70eacbfc47da16e867979bd0a2af7bc.jpg

I see why everyone thinks KU’s region is tough because of the 5/11 top Kenpom teams but I think these teams are so flawed. I like computer rankings normally but they don’t make sense to me this year. They have Tennessee as a top 10 team and that is not the case. Tennessee is my second favorite school besides KU.

Before I mention others I will freely admit KU is flawed too. We can go through offensive lulls very very quickly. We have some massive swings in our pedestrian moments.

We also have won a lot of games in different ways which I tend to value in March. We also are playing really well outside of 2 games against Texas for which one of them did not matter and secondly we didn’t have our best wing defender and the best coach in CBB. I also admit Texas is really good and a tough matchup for us especially when rice is playing over Allen.

Arkansas/UCONN probably scare me more than Zaga/UCLA.

Arkansas cannot shoot 3’s and FT’s. They are long, athletic and have real talent though. Maybe playing KU brings out the best in them. i think we win but that is a potentially scary game. Arkansas is one of the youngest teams in the country.

Illinois doesn’t scare me as much but underwood is a good coach and that is a tough team.

UCONN probably scares me the most but I also know the least about them. They went 11-7 in conference although the conference was good. A Mizzou alumn was on the radio in KC who is a NBA scout and mentioned how UCONN has a guard who is a black hole on offense because he can’t shoot. Sonogo is good but doesn’t shoot 3’s. That is 2 players who can’t shoot from outside which outs Harris/McCullar on two of them which are two of the best 10 defenders in the country.

UCLA lost Clark and if KU were to make it there I doubt it would be against UCLA. Offensively they don’t jump out at me and they lost their best defender. I like Zaga or TCU on that side.

Zaga might tie UCONN for the scariest team but they don’t play defense. Everyone talks about how they have been the best team in the country since Feb 1st. Listen I am a fan of Gonzaga and I think the team is almost always legit. This team is solid. But they don’t play anyone so of course the offensive efficiency is wildly good. I think Zaga can beat Kansas for sure but this isn’t the Gonzaga we’ve seen the last several years. I don’t see overly elite guards or even great guard play. I think Kansas matches up well with Gonzaga for the first time in awhile.

The whole some of the parts looks like a tough bracket and it is but I also see some flawed teams. They are all capable of beating Kansas for sure but I think the national media are discounting Kansas a little too much here. I love that because that is when Kansas preforms the best. Last year Kansas was the most likely one seed to lose early just like this year.

The thing about this Ku team is defense. If they turn it up on defense, they will best just about anyone regardless of the night. We are good but not great on offense. We run great action and our offense relies on that. When we are getting run outs because of our defense we are almost impossible to beat. Easy buckets for this team goes a long way.
I got UCONN so suck it. You bout to get Sadogo’d

Come now. You really think I'd just let you play a game without either making money off your success or watching you lose?

No, I've been betting on KU for a few weeks now.......... :cool:

It's all about how much I bet.

Just placed a bet on Iowa.

You. Are. Screwed. 😆

Actually, my mojo might will you to a rare tourney win. I'm hitting at about an 80% clip right now.

Unless Self comes back Saturday there’s no way KU is making it out of this weekend. They look so out of sorts right now offensively and especially defensively. Not something you can fix quickly.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Unless Self comes back Saturday there’s no way KU is making it out of this weekend. They look so out of sorts right now offensively and especially defensively. Not something you can fix quickly.
Some post are hard to like. Great point, horrible point.

Agree that they need more intensity defensively but 54% shooting is bad?

Agree that they need more intensity defensively but 54% shooting is bad?

To be fair they shot a high percentage because they got out and ran. When they were stuck in halfcourt the offense was pretty bad.

The team really goes based on how aggressive Juan is. He is extremely passive again today and playing soft. Making plays on bad passes and a pull up 3 that he just usually doesn’t make.

To be fair they shot a high percentage because they got out and ran. When they were stuck in halfcourt the offense was pretty bad.

The team really goes based on how aggressive Juan is. He is extremely passive again today and playing soft. Making plays on bad passes and a pull up 3 that he just usually doesn’t make.

Can't expect perfection, dude. Especially from a team that we know is prone to offensive lulls now and then. I'll take a 50 pt half every time.

It’s because everyone expects Arkansas to put together a complete game at some point. If that were to happen, they can beat anyone, but it’s not going to happen. Their 3-7 minute lulls are just who they are.

I will say, at some point tomorrow you’ll be worried. Just relax and wait for it.

Uconn is the team i’d be terrified of if I was a Kansas fan.

Have to get past Arkansas first. That said their metrics suggest they’re a 1-2 seed. Lost some bad games this season to bad team. We’re gonna have to double Sanogo and make him defend in PnR to be able to beat them. They can turn it on quickly.

Reactions: Montana81
Have to get past Arkansas first. That said their metrics suggest they’re a 1-2 seed. Lost some bad games this season to bad team. We’re gonna have to double Sanogo and make him defend in PnR to be able to beat them. They can turn it on quickly.

Arkansas will keep it close on effort and talent alone. But as long as Kansas doesn’t have a complete clunker they’ll win. Arkansas is too undisciplined imo and musselman has a tendency to come unglued on the sideline similar to Calipari.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Arkansas will keep it close on effort and talent alone. But as long as Kansas doesn’t have a complete clunker they’ll win. Arkansas is too undisciplined imo and musselman has a tendency to come unglued on the sideline similar to Calipari.

KU is going to need Self tomorrow because I feel multiple adjustments will be needed throughout the game and Norm Roberts just can’t do that.

Reactions: toonces11
Uconn is the team i’d be terrified of if I was a Kansas fan.

I picked Uconn to win it all midseason, and they look fully capable. So of course they’re in KU’s path.

Although Self generally does really well with a week to prepare. Assuming he’ll even be available.

ADVERTISEMENT