ADVERTISEMENT

Which 1 seed loses first?

Not saying Purdue doesn’t have issues, but seems like people are ignoring some stuff from the other 1s. Kansas played in a ton of close games and hasn’t played well of late. Houston gets blasted by Memphis (without Sasser) and has played a weak schedule. Alabama, also a lot of close games late, almost lost to South Carolina, Vanderbilt, etc

I actually think Iowa can give Houston some fits. If Iowa is hitting from deep not sure Houston can score with them without sasser

I am trying to contain my optimism, but I agree.

If we are hitting our shots, we could be trouble for two teams that struggle to score

Not saying Purdue doesn’t have issues, but seems like people are ignoring some stuff from the other 1s. Kansas played in a ton of close games and hasn’t played well of late. Houston gets blasted by Memphis (without Sasser) and has played a weak schedule. Alabama, also a lot of close games late, almost lost to South Carolina, Vanderbilt, etc

Wouldn't say that KU hasn't played well. They played some of their best ball down the stretch overall. Texas just has their number lately.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Houston if Sasser isn't healthy
Purdue because it's Purdue
Kansas if Self isn't back
Alabama if Miller gets arrested
Houston, especially if Sasser is gimpy.
I can see Memphis besting purdue.

I can also see Arkansas possibly beating Kansas.

Houston vs auburn if sasser isn’t back but he’s likely good.

everyone fading Houston because of Sasser, but those people must have short memories because isn't this exactly the scenario Houston faced last year when they lost Sasser to a toe injury and then made it to the Elite 8 anyway?

Granted, that Sasser injury was much earlier in the year so Houston had time to make adjustments, but on the flipside, that Houston team wasn't as good as this team.

seems like people are ignoring very recent history and actual precedent in making that predition.

Someone show me who Arkansas has beaten this season to make you think they’re a threat to Kansas?

They just aren’t that good and haven’t been all season. They don’t shoot the ball well from the perimeter. They rely too heavily on transition and hero ball.

For my money i’m going Purdue. Memphis if they get past FAU(never underestimate a team that has 31 wins at the start of the tourney) is a nightmare matchup for Purdue.

It's a crap shoot, but I'll pick Purdue.

everyone fading Houston because of Sasser, but those people must have short memories because isn't this exactly the scenario Houston faced last year when they lost Sasser to a toe injury and then made it to the Elite 8 anyway?

Granted, that Sasser injury was much earlier in the year so Houston had time to make adjustments, but on the flipside, that Houston team wasn't as good as this team.

seems like people are ignoring very recent history and actual precedent in making that predition.
The most recent history (their last game) they got beat by double digits without Sasser against a very suspect Memphis team. And it's not like they just laid down because they were playing for a possible #1 overall seed.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Someone show me who Arkansas has beaten this season to make you think they’re a threat to Kansas?

They just aren’t that good and haven’t been all season. They don’t shoot the ball well from the perimeter. They rely too heavily on transition and hero ball.

For my money i’m going Purdue. Memphis if they get past FAU(never underestimate a team that has 31 wins at the start of the tourney) is a nightmare matchup for Purdue.

Everybody seems to be pencilling Arkansas into that game, but I think Illinois has a good shot to take them out. KU could lose to either Illinois or Arkansas if they don't play well.

ADVERTISEMENT