Nova
Texas
Kansas
Michigan
Kentucky
Purdue
UNC
Baylor

Feels like I'm gonna be watching more Pac12 and SEC roundball this coming season, and I'm not exactly hating the thought..

Also like
Duke, Oregon, Arky, Bama, FSU, Tenn, Memphis (and I wouldn't be surprised if any vacationed in the Top 10 this season)..
OK State def top 25 if they get Cisse from Memphis imo..

• Love
Reactions: KisteK
The problem is all of your “unbiased” opinions are always you pumping up something texas, whether player, coach, baseball team, or whatever. You cant have an unbiased opinion on your favorite team, its impossible. Your opinions are gonna be texas biased bc your a texas fan just like my opinions about louisville wilL be louisville biased, bc im a louisville fan.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Why is cisse leaving memphis? I know he was a highly regarded recruit, jist unhappy hes wasnt OaD?

or no telling

The problem is all of your “unbiased” opinions are always you pumping up something texas, whether player, coach, baseball team, or whatever. You cant have an unbiased opinion on your favorite team, its impossible. Your opinions are gonna be texas biased bc your a texas fan just like my opinions about louisville wilL be louisville biased, bc im a louisville fan.
They are a legit Top 5 team
I don’t have to sell them. Other people are
More than that the season will prove it

Unbiased opinion is that they are a Top 5 team.
Because of what they have coming off the bench
Difference between them and others. That team fits together. Some real basketball people behind team construction.
They can play almost every player with each other and it will fit.
Because a lot of 3’s
Bigs who can play with each other

I'm biased and wouldn't have it any other way :) We're BBN, we do that shit every pre-season.

Reactions: Villian07
They are a legit Top 5 team
I don’t have to sell them. Other people are
More than that the season will prove it

Unbiased opinion is that they are a Top 5 team.
Because of what they have coming off the bench
Difference between them and others. That team fits together. Some real basketball people behind team construction.
They can play almost every player with each other and it will fit.
Because a lot of 3’s
Bigs who can play with each other
as opposed to all the fake basketball people that construct every other team.

and thats biased, you have no idea if they will fit together bc they havent played together. Team chemistry is alot more than just complimenting skill sets. Its also egos/personalities. Some might just flat out not like one another, for whatever reason.

Basketball is a team game.
The players on the court can make you look better as a player
So instead of looking at these guys as players who have individual stats.
Look at how their game fits in with the team.

I say this as well to Texas fans. Talking about all these double digit scorers.
Scoring comes and goes based on your team
But other parts of your game don’t

Wheeler can’t shoot.

So why don’t you have guys who can clear out the lane
You see Cockburn more as a post player or a pick and roll guy.

Collins is the only big that probably can play the pick and roll with Wheeler to an elite level

Play Cockburn in the post do you have enough 3 point shooters to surround with him
The problem with this as always is if teams can defend the post with one player

Somebody talk to me about the Gonzaga guards this year, they lose a few guys right? They still got that Nembhard. He is pretty solid, but not a great shooter... what else do you guys see there? Ayayi go pro? Could this be an issue for them? I understand what they have up front...

Got a 5 star guard coming, Sallis i thibk is his name but i know nothing about him. Big shoes to fill with suggs gone.

wasnt aware ayayi was goin pro either.

Wheeler can’t shoot.

So why don’t you have guys who can clear out the lane
You see Cockburn more as a post player or a pick and roll guy.

Collins is the only big that probably can play the pick and roll with Wheeler to an elite level

Play Cockburn in the post do you have enough 3 point shooters to surround with him
The problem with this as always is if teams can defend the post with one player
Not a UK fan but mintz, allen, frederick, and grady can all shoot it from deep. Not sure about anyone else.

Not a UK fan but mintz, allen, frederick, and grady can all shoot it from deep. Not sure about anyone else.
How many of those can defend the paint or the perimeter
How many of those can rebound
How many of those can handle the ball
How many of those can pass as well

You absolutely want a player who can do everything
Those are hard to come by

Kentucky is a good team
But I would be more worried if they were adding Obanor.
He can play off Oscar and other players in my opinion

Sounds like you are asking how many Lebron James are on the UK team. No offense to BBN but my guess is 0. Was unaware that was required! Good cuz they don't have Lebron. EAD cats!!!!!!

I’ll wait and see how they look going into February
I am not the type to jump on Kentucky after one L

Kentucky should understand this because they saw it first hand
Timmy Allen is a scorer.
Allen doesn’t have much of a shot.

But Marcus Carr is one of the most deadliest players off the screen

Tre Mitchell is dangerous because he is a screener who can shoot. Mitchell can hit those outside 3 point shots
So you have to get up on him.

That is why Texas has Timmy Allen
Even with a big near the rim he can score.

Sounds like you are asking how many Lebron James are on the UK team. No offense to BBN but my guess is 0. Was unaware that was required! Good cuz they don't have Lebron. EAD cats!!!!!!
It's kind of nice adding a 2000 pt scorer to the team. Don't have much to do with anything, I just wanted to bring up this dude isn't even done with college yet and has already scored 2000 points

It triggers you not to see Kentucky.
If you are legit it doesn’t matter where they rank you. Gonna play out on the court.
Don’t let words on a message board force you to post. Makes you look insecure.
So , ummm, why did you respond? Did his statement about your knowledge, trigger you? DId his words force you to post?

SOme of you need to proof read shit, before you post it.

Kentucky could be really good. They return Mintz, Brooks, Toppin, and Ware. Bring in Fredrick(Iowa), Grady(Davidson) , Tshiebwbe(WVU) and Wheeler(UGA). THose are four, really nice gets. Top 10 recruit in Collins....Top 20 in Washington...Top 30 kid in Hopkins. SO if we stop there, thats a really good roster---Lots of experience. Now, you add Kofi to that? Or Duren(doubtful), or Carr(doubtful)? Yikes....Odds are of the three, they land Kofi. If they do, that would, on paper, put UK in the Top 5-10.

On paper. Which is basically what every opinion on every team is----A paper poll.

Still behind Baylor.
Not talking anything away from Kentucky but I would still put Baylor over them.

Not that hard to figure it out.

Oregon is another one
Same as Michigan

Difficult to put Kentucky over any of them.
Kofi doesn’t change this because they already have elite big play.
Kofi takes away on the defense Oscar provides.
He is getting less minutes now

Kentucky is a good team
Im not even fairly confident i can answer those questions about my own team with so many new pieces and frosh/juco ive never seen play before. So i have no clue as far as UKs shooters, i guess time will tell, but i dont think shooting will be a problem for them, unfortunately in my biased case.

Is obanor the kid from Coastal Carolina? I keep seeing the name itt but dont remember him for whatever reason.

Still behind Baylor.
Not talking anything away from Kentucky but I would still put Baylor over them.

Not that hard to figure it out.

Oregon is another one
Same as Michigan

Difficult to put Kentucky over any of them.
Kofi doesn’t change this because they already have elite big play.
Kofi takes away on the defense Oscar provides.
He is getting less minutes now
Oh i dont think uk is deserved of being number 1 or anythibg but i think they will be a contender.

Oh i dont think uk is deserved of being number 1 or anythibg but i think they will be a contender.
Contender for what.

Do Kentucky fans need to see themselves in the Preseason Top 10 to feel comfort
Remember that where you are ranked preseason doesn’t determine how your season goes

I don’t get it.

They are a good team
I will break it down preseason
3 legit contenders
UCLA, Gonzaga and Villanova

Then about 8-9 teams who could be ranked in any way.
But IMO Texas with Carr and Purdue are the two best options after that

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore

Kentucky is a good team
Can’t wait to see the narrative change on Obanor when he ends up at Tech.

This year is a crap shoot trying to figure out any preseason rankings. So much turnovers on rosters we have no idea how these team will build chemistry. A lot of teams getting highly ranked by people because they signed some mid-majors who had good tournament games or put up good #s at a mid-major. Fact is a lot of those players will disappoint over the course of a season playing at high-majors because they just got hot last year at the right time or they played against weaker competition the majority of the year to put up those great #s. I think it’s important to look at the teams who will returning a lot of the same players from the previous season.

That’s why teams like Gonzaga, UCLA, Kansas, Michigan, and Villanova I feel you need to have near the top of the projections. They return large parts of their rosters and starting lineups.

Reactions: Villian07
One guy has 6 Final Fours and a title, the other one has one Final Four. Other than that, no disparity.
That's not an apples to apples comparison though because Beard has nowhere near the talent, facilities and brand name to work with that Cal has had since 2010 while head coach at UK.

Beard became head coach of Little Rock in 2015 and led a no name school even within their own Sunbelt conference to a conference title and then upset Purdue in the 1st round.

Look at the history of TTU Basketball, they've only made the NCAAT 8 times in 30 years before Beard took over. Within 2 years he took them to an Elite 8 and then a Title game the following year.

Now we'll see what Beard is made of now that he has the Texas brand name, facilities and money to work with. I bet the Horns will be damn good though with the roster they have and given what we know about Beard's coaching ability.

Cal is 62 while Beard is only 48 too.

You don't think Cal has a major Xs and O's advantage over Beard do you if the rosters of UK and UT are similar in talent level do you?

Have a lot of homers on here.

Attempting to give unbiased opinions but doesn’t work on here

So I will leave at this
If you see Jaylon Tyson getting minutes for Texas early
Watch out for him. He is a legit scorer.
Could make it tough to keep him off the court.

Everyone is talking about the transfers but Chris Beard felt like Tyson was the #1 player in the state.
Tyson and Avery Benson were the only players he wanted from Tech
Because Benson is pretty much a grad assistant.
Because Tyson has that much upside as a scorer.
True. Way too much homerism around here.

One guy even said that Texas has a G League team.

That's not an apples to apples comparison though because Beard has nowhere near the talent, facilities and brand name to work with that Cal has had since 2010 while head coach at UK.

Beard became head coach of Little Rock in 2015 and led a no name school even within their own Sunbelt conference to a conference title and then upset Purdue in the 1st round.

Look at the history of TTU Basketball, they've only made the NCAAT 8 times in 30 years before Beard took over. Within 2 years he took them to an Elite 8 and then a Title game the following year.

Now we'll see what Beard is made of now that he has the Texas brand name, facilities and money to work with. I bet the Horns will be damn good though with the roster they have and given what we know about Beard's coaching ability.

Cal is 62 while Beard is only 48 too.

You don't think Cal has a major Xs and O's advantage over Beard do you if the rosters of UK and UT are similar in talent level do you?
Beard’s just a recruiter. His Xs and Os man stayed in Lubbock.

Reactions: RedRaiderFan5
This year is a crap shoot trying to figure out any preseason rankings. So much turnovers on rosters we have no idea how these team will build chemistry. A lot of teams getting highly ranked by people because they signed some mid-majors who had good tournament games or put up good #s at a mid-major. Fact is a lot of those players will disappoint over the course of a season playing at high-majors because they just got hot last year at the right time or they played against weaker competition the majority of the year to put up those great #s. I think it’s important to look at the teams who will returning a lot of the same players from the previous season.

That’s why teams like Gonzaga, UCLA, Kansas, Michigan, and Villanova I feel you need to have near the top of the projections. They return large parts of their rosters and starting lineups.
Couldn't agree more, you can't just slap together a bunch of transfers who were good at other programs varying for a power conference to a mid major and expect that program to overtake those who're returning large portions of successful rosters.

Chemistry and how guys on a roster complement each other is huge.

I'm excited to see how KU, Arky, UK, etc. do with all the roster changes.

Contender for what.

Do Kentucky fans need to see themselves in the Preseason Top 10 to feel comfort
Remember that where you are ranked preseason doesn’t determine how your season goes

I don’t get it.

They are a good team
I will break it down preseason
3 legit contenders
UCLA, Gonzaga and Villanova

Then about 8-9 teams who could be ranked in any way.
But IMO Texas with Carr and Purdue are the two best options after that
A contender for the final four IMO, and im not even a UK fan, i just happen to think they have a top ten preseason roster, hence why i put them in my top ten. I wish i didnt feel that way but i see talent on the roster and loads of depth. Plus id imagine the players returning are pretty damn eager to get that 9-16 off peoples minds not to mention the coach. But hell man i hope im wrong. In my most unbiased opinion i can have for a team i dislike.

Its A thread about everyones preseason rankings, hence the thread title. What did you expect this thread to be about except people arguing where they think their team or other teams should be ranked????

A contender for the final four IMO, and im not even a UK fan, i just happen to think they have a top ten preseason roster, hence why i put them in my top ten. I wish i didnt feel that way but i see talent on the roster and loads of depth. Plus id imagine the players returning are pretty damn eager to get that 9-16 off peoples minds not to mention the coach. But hell man i hope im wrong. In my most unbiased opinion i can have for a team i dislike.

Its A thread about everyones preseason rankings, hence the thread title. What did you expect this thread to be about except people arguing where they think their team or other teams should be ranked????
Everyone has their own opinion on it

Duke and Kentucky are about even. I didn’t see Duke making a bunch of moves in the transfer portal.
Could they not take transfers.
Possibly they are comfortable with their team.

Like someone said experience helps.

Back to Texas
Courtney Ramey, Andrew Jones and Jase Febres have about 180 starts between them.
Jones played one season without them
But they been together for 4 years. They are like brothers.

Guards have the ball majority of time.
Carr and Askew are high IQ basketball players
Carr has around 90 career starts at the college level

Beard’s just a recruiter. His Xs and Os man stayed in Lubbock.

He is just a winner.
There is a huge difference.
Winners look for people to help them win. This includes players.
One thing about Chris Beard that stands out that he isn’t just a talker
His work ethic proves to the players he wants to win.
Plus how he attacked the transfer portal. When Chris Beard was talking about a Monday Night Program he was talking about this year.

Mark Adams was just a piece. There were a lot of other people involved
But the one thing that stands out is Chris Beard was the boss
Same thing at Texas
His entire staff. Not just the 3 coaching assistants are all top end guys.

According to people in the know. Bob Donewald Jr was the most valuable piece in Lubbock besides Beard
He is the son of a former Bobby Knight assistant.

• Haha
Reactions: RedRaiderFan5
Chris Beard can win anyway. He learned that from Bobby Knight.

You don’t win with the same style of team every year or even every game
You have to adjust.
One of the most important things he learned

“When people think of Coach you think of discipline and you think of an unbending backbone, but I thought, in my time with Coach, he adjusted more than anybody,” Beard said. “To me, he tried to win the games. So you know, in our man-to-man defense, if this guy can’t shoot, we’re not pressuring him. If this guy can’t dribble we’re over-pressuring him, so there are a lot of individualized parts.”

But that isn’t to say that Knight was willing to adjust everything in his program.

When it came to strategy and personnel, there were new wrinkles for every game. But there were also elements of Knight’s program that never really changed.

“The non-negotiables were the commitment to defend, the commitment to rebound, the commitment to play the right way,” Beard said. “But there were always all sorts of adjustments going on, and if I had to say one thing that I learned from Coach Knight and Pat in terms of listing them out, I would say the idea of preparation and scouting and how we played different people different to win the game, we’re still doing those things here today at Texas.”

ADVERTISEMENT