ADVERTISEMENT

What's your pre season rankings?

I will say if i got to choose which one to coach my team id take cal bc i know hes gonna bring in studs and play exciting ball.

now excuse me while i bathe.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
1. UCLA
2. Gonzaga
3. Kansas
4. Michigan
5. Villanova
6. Texas
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. Oregon
10. Kentucky
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Alabama
14. North Carolina
15. Houston
16. Ohio State
17. Florida State
18. Arkansas
19. Virginia Tech
20. Saint Bonaventure
21. Oklahoma State
22. Indiana
23. Memphis
24. Maryland
25. Auburn

If UK gets Kofi or Duren, move them up to #3.

I'm really intrigued by the SEC. Kentucky appears to be the front runner. They have good players and outstanding depth (and they could obviously begin the season much higher than #10). After that, there's a truckload of competition behind them! Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Florida. Odds are, one of these teams will finish in the top 10. That conference brought in a ridiculous amount of talent through the transfer portal. I think the SEC is likely to be the conference with the most teams in the Sweet 16.
SEC making basketball a priority about 5 years back is really starting to show. Lot's of great coaches getting their teams in place.

Im not sure many would consider orlando better than payne but not like thats something i pay attention to and again obv biased.

edit: well i guess usf thought so.

Payne is also super tight with www tho so from an outsider id pick payne for sure if given the choice between the two. But again hes a former card so im biased as can be

Texas will have a good team but this dude is selling us short. Cal is a proven winner in March and Beard isn't. Ill take the good guys.
Beard's been amazing the last 4 years in March though. Tough to say which team will be better but I don't think there's some big coaching disparity here.

Reactions: Villian07
Great minds think alike! That's why I had UNC also in my top ten preseason...
They have a good class coming in or something? I know bacot is back but they lost kessler brooks and sharpe(or did he withdraw andnif so scratch this whole post)

I expect love to improve basically bc he cant be much worse. Who am i missing?

They have a good class coming in or something? I know bacot is back but they lost kessler brooks and sharpe(or did he withdraw andnif so scratch this whole post)

I expect love to improve basically bc he cant be much worse. Who am i missing?
I was thinking with Garcia transfer from Marquette (who was a five star recruit) and Manek from Oklahoma coming to Chapel Hill, plus with their freshman highly talented guards having another year under their belt, could surprise some people. I did wonder why Brooks left, wasn't he ACC pre-season player of the year going into last season?

Beard's been amazing the last 4 years in March though. Tough to say which team will be better but I don't think there's some big coaching disparity here.
One guy has 6 Final Fours and a title, the other one has one Final Four. Other than that, no disparity.

I honestly haven't kept up with much of anything outside of UKs purvey. All shit talking aside I hope Louisville is much improved so we can get back to having epic battles.

Kofi and Oscar playing together is getting overblown. Cal has had teams with multiple bigs, even that cant stretch the floor well, do well over the years.

Cousins/Patterson
KAT/WCS
Yes but that was before the whole analytics three pointer or layup small ball philosophy thats seemingly taking over basketball.

but your right, its not like its never been done before and might work out quite well. Just dont see alot of current teams that run two 5s pretty much. U can call OT a 4 bit lets be honest if cockburn stayed in the draft OT would have likely never logged a second at the 4. Plus Kat and patterson were wayyyy more versitile imo, and both could hit mid range jumpers. Probably would have been taking threes as well if the style had been introduced back then.

Just have to wait and see. But again if they do where does that leave brooks/toppin/collins/hopkins. Yall have so many 4s and 2s but no SF imo. I guess they are pretty interchangable tho, i could see toppin or allen playing the 3.

I honestly haven't kept up with much of anything outside of UKs purvey. All shit talking aside I hope Louisville is much improved so we can get back to having epic battles.
The last two have been pretty good games for a welcome change on our end. Been a lil better if yall werent 1-6 coming in this year 😉

1-1 beats the hell out of gettin dubbed 3 out of every 4 years.

Half of why the kofi transfer has me salty is we could use him sooooo much worse than yall 😂. We got malik williams, and his glass foot, and freshmen roosevelt wheeler who was a 5 star but tore his achilles and missed his entire senior year so no telling what to expect from him.

Kofi could come in and name his mins, let williams back up both withers and kofi to get him on the court but not be so reliant on him staying healthy, when hes had this same injiry 3 times in the last two years its a stretch to think hes gonna make it theu this year with no complications.

then carlik signs with an unapproved agent before the nil passed, with little to no chance of getting drafted he could have almost assuredly made more $$$ thru the nil than the g league or whatever foreign country he ends up in. And hes a proven commodity, would easily be the best player on the roster unless el ellis is the truth.

DJ as well but i thibk he will at least go second round, maybe sneak in late first idk.

Last edited:
The last two have been pretty good for a welcome change on our end.

1-1 beats the hell out of gettin dubbed 3 out of every 4 years.
Yeah yall winning last year kinds sucks because we were so shitty, I think I speak for all us when I say we don't even care. Yall get no satisfaction out of that. I'm sure it was the same for UofL when we put that beatdown on Petrino his last game.

It's fun every one in awhile but generally I think both sides agree its more satisfying when it's hard fought and won legitimately so to speak.

I feel the same way about IU. It's been a long time waiting.

Shit no. We need more neutral site games and Poop State home gimme games on the schedule. Not one of our biggest rivals of all time. Cmon now.

Wish MD-Kentucky could do a home and home-only two games I remember were from the 02 sweet 16, an neutral site game back in 2012 in New York-need revenge for the Harrison twins :p

Very valid Luker- however, some counterarguments to that:

1. I can't think of a more talented roster from 1-12 than UK's, especially if they get Kofi or Duren
  2. Oscar, Grady and Fredrick are all legit transfers that are proven how good they are in legit conferences- plus not even mentioning Wheeler, who lead SEC in assist.
  3. Freshman talent with Collins and Washington both being five stars, plus Hopkins who was almost one as well.
  4. And Orlando A is back as an assistant coach to Cal, who you could argue has been his best assistant since his time at UK (or Payne)
  5. IF UK does not get Kofi or Duren, UCLA, Texas (with Carr) or Zags could slide into number one.

To your first point, Michigan.

Wish MD-Kentucky could do a home and home-only two games I remember were from the 02 sweet 16, an neutral site game back in 2012 in New York-need revenge for the Harrison twins :p
I wouldn't mind scheduling a random home and home with the Terps at all. We've got one with Michigan right now. Good luck convincing Calipari to schedule it though

They are in play for Obanor
I was thinking with Garcia transfer from Marquette (who was a five star recruit) and Manek from Oklahoma coming to Chapel Hill, plus with their freshman highly talented guards having another year under their belt, could surprise some people. I did wonder why Brooks left, wasn't he ACC pre-season player of the year going into last season?
Yea brooks was, i dodnt quite get that one either. And to miss st to boot. He from miss?

Yeah yall winning last year kinds sucks because we were so shitty, I think I speak for all us when I say we don't even care. Yall get no satisfaction out of that. I'm sure it was the same for UofL when we put that beatdown on Petrino his last game.

It's fun every one in awhile but generally I think both sides agree its more satisfying when it's hard fought and won legitimately so to speak.
I wouldnt say no satisfaction. The way yall have doninated the series since cal was hired wed probly have been content with a covid forfeit 😂

But ur right def takes some of the joy out of it bc who brags about beating a 9-16 team.

Reactions: CB3UK
I wouldn't mind scheduling a random home and home with the Terps at all. We've got one with Michigan right now. Good luck convincing Calipari to schedule it though
Just stay away from Evans from the 23 class- MD needs a five star!!!

That ball was not off Prince.
Ever watched the old ncca tourney games from NCAA's vault website in the past? I was watching the 02 run again, GREAT games vs you and UCONN that weekend. Looking back, MD took down three bluebloods and Uconn (4 titles in 15 years), was amazing live-time...

Kind of a tangent post, but big PROPS to Howards at UM so far- guy has done so much better than I thought.

Is T. Williams going to get run this season? Knew he was a Hoya commit before ending with you guys..

Probably not. Him and Zeb Jackson were both top 100 guys last year and will probably be like 8th and 9th in our rotation

I actually foresaw howard being successful.

hes super likable and intelligent, he played or sat the bench in the nba for like 20 years, then coached in the nba or gleague after that as an asst first of course. Plus he was apart of arguably one of the most popular and definitely most polarizing teams of all time. Not like they just handed the job to a random alum.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Bottom Big XII will be trash, I fear..

I like
Gonzaga
UCLA
Nova
Texas
Kansas
Michigan
Kentucky
Purdue
UNC
Baylor

Feels like I'm gonna be watching more Pac12 and SEC roundball this coming season, and I'm not exactly hating the thought..

Also like
Duke, Oregon, Arky, Bama, FSU, Tenn, Memphis (and I wouldn't be surprised if any vacationed in the Top 10 this season)..

We honestly have someone in this thread saying that depth doesn’t make a team better. Holy ****ing shit. This absolutely closes the case that it’s someone playing a character/troll.
Bro that checks in wayyyyyyy lower than his other classic gems that include

Coaching doesnt matter
Nothing random ever happens in march
And my personal fave, “shaka didnt understand he had to win when he took the job”

dude is a Mensa KU fan trolling the hell out of all of us.

Have a lot of homers on here.

Attempting to give unbiased opinions but doesn’t work on here

So I will leave at this
If you see Jaylon Tyson getting minutes for Texas early
Watch out for him. He is a legit scorer.
Could make it tough to keep him off the court.

Everyone is talking about the transfers but Chris Beard felt like Tyson was the #1 player in the state.
Tyson and Avery Benson were the only players he wanted from Tech
Because Benson is pretty much a grad assistant.
Because Tyson has that much upside as a scorer.

Bottom Big XII will be trash, I fear..

I like
Gonzaga
UCLA
Nova
Texas
Kansas
Michigan
Kentucky
Purdue
UNC
Baylor

Feels like I'm gonna be watching more Pac12 and SEC roundball this coming season, and I'm not exactly hating the thought..

Also like
Duke, Oregon, Arky, Bama, FSU, Tenn, Memphis (and I wouldn't be surprised if any vacationed in the Top 10 this season)..
I'm a bit biased, but if Memphis lands Duren, they have the pieces to make some noise. Them against Houston will be a must see tv.

Reactions: KisteK
1. UCLA
2. Gonzaga
3. Kansas
4. Michigan
5. Villanova
6. Texas
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. Oregon
10. Kentucky
11. Baylor
12. Tennessee
13. Alabama
14. North Carolina
15. Houston
16. Ohio State
17. Florida State
18. Arkansas
19. Virginia Tech
20. Saint Bonaventure
21. Oklahoma State
22. Indiana
23. Memphis
24. Maryland
25. Auburn

If UK gets Kofi or Duren, move them up to #3.

I'm really intrigued by the SEC. Kentucky appears to be the front runner. They have good players and outstanding depth (and they could obviously begin the season much higher than #10). After that, there's a truckload of competition behind them! Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Florida. Odds are, one of these teams will finish in the top 10. That conference brought in a ridiculous amount of talent through the transfer portal. I think the SEC is likely to be the conference with the most teams in the Sweet 16.
Low Key, I heart Okie Lite
Love Coach and they have a fun roster!

ADVERTISEMENT