ADVERTISEMENT

What's so great about UNCs resume?

I actually think UK is a matchup nightmare for UNC this year.

I feel like UK can beat UNC at their up and down game, but I don't think UNC can beat UK at UK's game.

It appears as though UK has advantages at most positions on the floor.

Matchups matter and that would be a great game.

I actually think UK is a matchup nightmare for UNC this year.

I feel like UK can beat UNC at their up and down game, but I don't think UNC can beat UK at UK's game.

It appears as though UK has advantages at most positions on the floor.

Matchups matter and that would be a great game.

100% correct. No way Carolina can hang with a team as good as UK.

Reactions: Sevro
100% correct. No way Carolina can hang with a team as good as UK.
Hey now, my sarcasm meter is on.

My post wasn't intended as a troll attempt. I just think matchups matter and I think KY is the worst 2 seed for UNC.

Of course, I'm no expert analyst, so I could be way off.

Hey now, my sarcasm meter is on.

My post wasn't intended as a troll attempt. I just think matchups matter and I think KY is the worst 2 seed for UNC.

Of course, I'm no expert analyst, so I could be way off.

There is no good matchup for a 1 seed when playing a 2 seed. Is UTjr a bad matchup for UVA? How about MSU for Duke or Mich for Zaga?

Everyone always looks for a reason that the 2 seed will win.

Im looking scratching my head.

MSU is 29-6. UNC is 27-6. MSU is 4-2 in their signature games. UNC is 3-4 with two wins coming against Zion less Duke. MSU has more Quad 1 wins,.

MSU won the regular season and conference tourney.

And they're the third overall seed?

What am I missing here?

I cant find any objective evidence to UNC having a better resume than MSU.

Edit: Didnt know UNC beat the Zags earlier in the year.
Vol nation is taking a neutral position on this subject.

There is no good matchup for a 1 seed when playing a 2 seed. Is UTjr a bad matchup for UVA? How about MSU for Duke or Mich for Zaga?

Everyone always looks for a reason that the 2 seed will win.
Hmm, no that's not what's happening here.

What's going on with you unc fans in this thread? You guys got all sensitive all the sudden.

Reactions: DeanSmithForever
Hmm, no that's not what's happening here.

What's going on with you unc fans in this thread? You guys got all sensitive all the sudden.

Not sensitive at all. Just not looking forward to losing to the best 2 seed in the history of the tournament.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Nah I’m just telling you what you want to hear
Well, have fun with that. I was interested in talking about the potential game, but if you want to act spoiled, just move on. I'm not interested in trolling or being trolled.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldsports_
I have to agree that ITT, unc fans have been really insecure and sensitive. I happen to like almost all of the unc posters ITT, but they really have been weird here.
Yeah I don't get it. They got a great draw and are playing well, but they're all acting like they're upset about it.

Heck, it's tournament time, best time of year and all 3 teams have a great shot at a FF.

Yeah I don't get it. They got a great draw and are playing well, but they're all acting like they're upset about it.

Heck, it's tournament time, best time of year and all 3 teams have a great shot at a FF.
A lot of it is because they think Duke got an easy draw and they deserve a break. Duke should have gotten Michigan not MSU.

I’m not upset about anything. I don’t know how y’all get that.

I’m not upset about anything. I don’t know how y’all get that.
Well, we can start with your butthurt sarcasm to posts that clearly weren't trolling.

Then when I explained my post, you responded with another butthurt post "looking forward to losing to the best 2 seed in the history of the NCAA tournament".

Then followed that up with "just telling you what you want to hear".

That's some serious butthurt.

Then, 874538 (SP?) Jumped on me yesterday in much the same fashion calling me a UNC hater and did the same thing to someone else in this thread.

For 1, you don't have to he a hater to jab fans of other programs and 2, so what, even if I was a UNC hater, who cares. There are a crap load of UK/UK fans/Rupp Rafters haters on here. Man up and deal with it.

Here is an example of insecurity.

D2B4EfoUgAA20bo.jpg

No, posting a meaningless picture of Roy Williams with a ring during a discussion about this Year's teams is home boarder garbage. Nice try.
There’s a UK fan on the spectrum railing about how UNC doesn’t deserve their seeding and he’s over the moon that we get to be in the same bracket. For the most part, no UNC poster is taking him seriously. If you knew anything about @UNC71-00 , you’d know why he posted Roy flashing the bling. I can spell it out for you if need be.

Reactions: lerario
I think UK is a bad matchup for UNC as well but I don't think UK would have an advantage at the up and down game. I think UK beats them the way they did the first game. They match or beat them on the boards and make more FTs. They get really physical with them. That is easier to dictate than what UNC would want to do to UK IMO.

There’s a UK fan on the spectrum railing about how UNC doesn’t deserve their seeding and he’s over the moon that we get to be in the same bracket. For the most part, no UNC poster is taking him seriously. If you knew anything about @UNC71-00 , you’d know why he posted Roy flashing the bling. I can spell it out for you if need be.
Sure

There are multiple BBN posters(led by @ThroughBlue ) pumping the narrative that UNC doesn’t deserve a 1 seed. They’ve continually pointed out UK beat UNC in the regular season. They’ve harped on the fact that they can’t wait to match up with UNC in the tourney as UNC is a terrible one seed.

All @UNC71-00 was flash a picture reminding them of what happened the last time UNC lost to UK in the regular season.

There are multiple BBN posters(led by @ThroughBlue ) pumping the narrative that UNC doesn’t deserve a 1 seed. They’ve continually pointed out UK beat UNC in the regular season. They’ve harped on the fact that they can’t wait to match up with UNC in the tourney as UNC is a terrible one seed.

All @UNC71-00 was flash a picture reminding them of what happened the last time UNC lost to UK in the regular season.
Did someone actually say that "UNC is a terrible 1 seed"? I didn't see anyone say that.

I thought it was a Michigan State fan that started this thread and was crushing unc, but I don't recall any UK fans saying UNC is a terrible 1 seed. Maybe I just missed it.

As far as the matchup goes, well yeah, UK fans should feel pretty good about the possible matchup with UNC. Since when is that a crime on here?

Seems like you guys are getting way too upset about UK fans thinking UK should beat unc.

Did someone actually say that "UNC is a terrible 1 seed"? I didn't see anyone say that.

I thought it was a Michigan State fan that started this thread and was crushing unc, but I don't recall any UK fans saying UNC is a terrible 1 seed. Maybe I just missed it.

As far as the matchup goes, well yeah, UK fans should feel pretty good about the possible matchup with UNC. Since when is that a crime on here?

Seems like you guys are getting way too upset about UK fans thinking UK should beat unc.
Re-read the thread. @ThroughBlue has been tripping over his dick to discredit UNC. I don’t give a shit. It’s all subjective banter. But he’s stirring the pot.

Reactions: UNC71-00

So he was insecure about how the two teams match up this year and he changed the subject to the past where he already knew the outcome favored his team? Thanks for proving my point that he went full home board on everyone here.

So he was insecure about how the two teams match up this year and he changed the subject to the past where he already knew the outcome favored his team? Thanks for proving my point that he went full home board on everyone here.
Lol, no. The narrative was that UNC stood no chance against Kentucky because we lost in the regular season. @UNC71-00 gently reminded people that previous games should have little bearing.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Lol, no. The narrative was that UNC stood no chance against Kentucky because we lost in the regular season. @UNC71-00 gently reminded people that previous games should have little bearing.
Well, anyone who says that this team stands no chance against that team for whatever reason, hasn't watched college basketball for very long. So there are people who make outlandish comments. Who cares? I can see some relevance to the picture, but it definitely falls under the insecure category.

Btw, have you seen any of Jim Jeffries stand up? Your spectrum comment reminded me of this skit.

ADVERTISEMENT