ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Worst Display You've Seen From Another Fan/Fanbase?

Kentucky or OSU. Most friendly is probably Iowa. Had a nice conversation with a few at some football games.

A good friend of mine took a sucker punch from a Mizzouruh fan when he and the Illini faithful were chanting "I-L-L... I-N-I" on their way back to the parking lot after an Illini victory in Braggin' Rights. Dude just ran up and and threw a right cross, then took off. Total bitch move.

Reactions: Jhawks and KisteK
I was at the United Center in 2007 for a second round game, 1 seed KU vs 8 seed UK. I was in line to get some food and from behind me I hear " Ya'll think ya got a chance against the cats?". I first thought the 50 year old UK fan was kidding because here I am as a 20 year old kid and we are the 1 seed for goodness sakes. I replied with "Not a chance in hell". He then slaps the soda right out of my hand and it pours out everywhere on the floor, he exits with "**** you pretty boy". I was in utter shock, this was my first encounter with a UK fan but not last, as I have multiple run ins without doing anything lol. They are quite the bunch

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I was at the United Center in 2007 for a second round game, 1 seed KU vs 8 seed UK. I was in line to get some food and from behind me I hear " Ya'll think ya got a chance against the cats?". I first thought the 50 year old UK fan was kidding because here I am as a 20 year old kid and we are the 1 seed for goodness sakes. I replied with "Not a chance in hell". He then slaps the soda right out of my hand and it pours out everywhere on the floor, he exits with "**** you pretty boy". I was in utter shock, this was my first encounter with a UK fan but not last, as I have multiple run ins without doing anything lol. They are quite the bunch
At least make your lies a little more believable.

At least make your lies a little more believable.
That's fine if you don't want to believe it. Obviously every fan base has bad apples, I was just responding to the subject of this thread. Would never deny the greatness of the UK basketball program but its for the moist part a insufferable fan base. I was at Pints and Pies last year before the KU vs UK game in Lexington and I even had UK fans come up to me and warn me about the majority of the fans being awful, they weren't wrong.

Reactions: guru_tc
That's fine if you don't want to believe it. Obviously every fan base has bad apples, I was just responding to the subject of this thread. Would never deny the greatness of the UK basketball program but its for the moist part a insufferable fan base. I was at Pints and Pies last year before the KU vs UK game in Lexington and I even had UK fans come up to me and warn me about the majority of the fans being awful, they weren't wrong.

I don't believe that either.

most rival fans that go to Rupp have a very good experience
the ones that do not are obviously the problem and can not handle our blue hairs b!#$% smacking them

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Dang UK fans are a sensitive bunch aren’t they. Well I will telll you I have never see a more somber fan base than after they lost to Wisconsin in the final four to end the prefect season. They all left Indy like Clemson fans leave a real neighborhood when the realize no farm aniamls allowed.

Dang UK fans are a sensitive bunch aren’t they. Well I will telll you I have never see a more somber fan base than after they lost to Wisconsin in the final four to end the prefect season. They all left Indy like Clemson fans leave a real neighborhood when the realize no farm aniamls allowed.
Nothing that I hate worse than a new poster with an agenda and we don't even know his team.

I assume you are a Wisconsin fan. So we will find out how sensitive you are as Wisconsin continues to be a horrible team. I assume your agenda is to knock Kentucky and Clemson.

So step up and confirm that you follow wimpy Wisconsin.

All fanbases have their good and bad. But Mizzou's "Antlers" have to be the worst group of fans I've ever seen. They've been known for making fun of coaches and players whose family members have passed away. Disgusting.

I don't think they're as bad in recent years as they used to be, perhaps they've been dying since they no longer have KU to worry about.

Kansas State tried to get their own group of "antlers" going, called the "classless cats", but they were never anything more than annoying. They weren't ever the type to devolve into making fun of dead family members. And I think they kind of withered away with the passing of fattyfatfat.

I don't think UK fans are any worse than others. They have their good and bad like any other. The only difference is, the fanbase is so huge and passionate, that there are more opportunities for the bad ones to rise to the top and make their presence known. It's a numbers thing with UK fans. But the ratio of good to bad is probably the same as with any other fanbase.

Would never deny the greatness of the UK basketball program but its for the moist part a insufferable fan base.

If you're stroking/canoodling/nuzzling that particular area of the body, it does tend to rile fans/people up. Maybe that was it . . . I could be wrong.

Maryland fans are the worst I have ever been around and there is not a close second, and that is saying something because NC State is the second place group.

Never been to Rupp but the UK fans I have met in Chapel Hill and other places have always been fine people.

Maryland fans are the worst I have ever been around and there is not a close second, and that is saying something because NC State is the second place group.

Never been to Rupp but the UK fans I have met in Chapel Hill and other places have always been fine people.

It's a nightmare Dean, it's a nightmare, clap , clap.

It's a nightmare Dean, it's a nightmare, clap ,clap.

We did this to el Deano for about 45 minutes one night in Cole, 1983, he finally responded with a double bird. Entire student section gave him a standing ovation - he saluted us again, twice while laughing from ear to ear. True story, among many others. We liked Dean from that point on.

Nothing that I hate worse than a new poster with an agenda and we don't even know his team.

I assume you are a Wisconsin fan. So we will find out how sensitive you are as Wisconsin continues to be a horrible team. I assume your agenda is to knock Kentucky and Clemson.

So step up and confirm that you follow wimpy Wisconsin.
Actually if you read the whole thread you can figure it out. But since you are a UK fan I will just tell you. I am a South Carolina fan. I was at the final four in Indy as a preplanned trip. Unlike most USC fans I enjoy basketball as much as football.

Actually if you read the whole thread you can figure it out. But since you are a UK fan I will just tell you. I am a South Carolina fan. I was at the final four in Indy as a preplanned trip. Unlike most USC fans I enjoy basketball as much as football.
Sure nice to know that. I thought silverspur may be a Texas handle or Wyoming or something like that. Now I know why you took so much joy from the Wisconsin loss.

Well glad to have you on our message board.

Didn't experience this myself but some coworkers went to a Nebraska @ Mizzou football game and had bags and water bottles full of urine thrown at them.

Mizzou fans are by fan the most disgusting in the nation.
I had a great experience with Mizzou fans when we played them in Football this year. Very courteous. We did beat the shit out of them though which was an odd experience for a Purdue football fan at the time.

I've always had bad experiences with Notre Dame fans, one of the reasons I hate them so much. I've heard stories on how bad Maryland fans are but I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Wisconsin fans yet. My friends won't go there anymore it was so bad and I always wanted to see a game in their stadium.

I've always had bad experiences with Notre Dame fans, one of the reasons I hate them so much. I've heard stories on how bad Maryland fans are but I'm shocked nobody has mentioned Wisconsin fans yet. My friends won't go there anymore it was so bad and I always wanted to see a game in their stadium.
In high school my goal was to get a chemistry degree from Purdue. I had to get a full scholly and I could never get my SAT high enough for the full ride. Purdue is a great school for chemistry. So I don't usually hate on the school I could not get into.

I lived in Maryland for six years and it was hard to find a Maryland basketball or football fan.

It's a nightmare Dean, it's a nightmare, clap , clap.

It's a nightmare Dean, it's a nightmare, clap ,clap.

We did this to el Deano for about 45 minutes one night in Cole, 1983, he finally responded with a double bird. Entire student section gave him a standing ovation - he saluted us again, twice while laughing from ear to ear. True story, among many others. We liked Dean from that point on.

Lol. Let me guess- after the game he did cocaine with you and Len Bias off of a hooker's tit too, right? I'm fairly certain that DES never flipped anyone off ever in his life, and especially not from the sideline of a game.

This is a great example of why Maryland fans suck at pretty much everything.

i the year we went to the orange bowl.
i had some Mizzou fans scream obscenities at me and my kid as we walked out of the game at Arrowhead the year we went to the orange bowl. My cousin had to leave the game because the fans in his section were taunting him and he didnt want to go to jail for beating them up. Funny next year when we beat them.....I didn't hear a peep.

I know both KU and KSU bands had water bottles, etc thrown at them during performances at MU football games, and I had a buddy see some Tiger fans overturn a portable crapper after a Cat fan went inside.
Btw JayhawkWriter, nice job slipping in the Orange Bowl reference in your story. You realize it's now my responsibility to point out that team was the only Hawk FB team with a winning conference record since 1995. And feel free to respond about your team's domination of mine in bb. Unfortunately I'm used to it.

Over the years, Duke fans have been blamed for both of those incidents. I think that the Steve Kerr thing was actually a "PLO" chant.
I was going to say the same thing. There's also the unsubstantiated claim that Duke fans chanted "Orphan" at UNC's Scott Williams.

Maryland fans are I think the worst I've seen... tossing batteries and water bottles at player families, chanting curses at players little sisters... they seem like the worst I've seen over the last 30ish years.
Also the same.

Gotta say, always been proud of the fact that even rival fans who visit Cameron tend to talk about how nice the Duke fans tend to be. We might be loud, but we are rarely complete a-holes.
Back in the '70s, we threw condoms at a Maryland player who had been accused of rape. In the '80s we threw pizza boxes at an NCSU player who had allegedly stolen from a delivery guy.

Former NC Governor, future US Senator, and then Duke President Terry Sanford wrote an all-time great letter to the student body in 1984, signed "Uncle Terry" and known as the Avuncular Letter: text, background.

K has cleaned the Crazies up quite a bit. I remember his stopping a game to address a laser pointer pointed at a Clemson player's forehead at the free throw line, and he has waved down some profane cheers from the bench. Most admirable was a visit to K-ville before an upcoming UNC game to tell them UNC Assistant Coach Phil Ford's substance abuse history and recent DUI were off limits. That may be the first time I heard anyone refer to addiction as "disease."

I know both KU and KSU bands had water bottles, etc thrown at them during performances at MU football games, and I had a buddy see some Tiger fans overturn a portable crapper after a Cat fan went inside.
Btw JayhawkWriter, nice job slipping in the Orange Bowl reference in your story. You realize it's now my responsibility to point out that team was the only Hawk FB team with a winning conference record since 1995. And feel free to respond about your team's domination of mine in bb. Unfortunately I'm used to it.
when your program goes to a bowl game as often as Haley's Comet is visible...you need to tell people. Especially since it will probably be 2061 before we go to another. (next time Haley is visible).

Reactions: PurpleWarPig
Throwing batteries and chanting profane, sexual threats at players' underaged sisters?

I have never done any of those things - nor even seen them, and I was at all the games. They did call JJ 's sister,,,,,Boozer mom story is garbage, batteries garbage too.

At least you had the courage to admit the condoms and boxes and all the other crap dookies have done. We both have our fair share of rich drunk NYC and Jersey kids. I went and go for the basketball, all the rest, even the KY and Dook crap in here means nothing.

Looks like ole hillbilly Bert 's a little rustled again. Good. Bert's 5 minutes outside of Baltimore - he keeps thinking he knows something. For the 456 time - Maryland is a DC school, not Crackmore. More Syracuse and pedo st fans there.

Hey Bert - Trumps innaug was the biggest ever, it was HUUUGE, hahahahahaha

Lol. Let me guess- after the game he did cocaine with you and Len Bias off of a hooker's tit too, right? I'm fairly certain that DES never flipped anyone off ever in his life, and especially not from the sideline of a game.

This is a great example of why Maryland fans suck at pretty much everything.

I'm fairly certain I just busted your little arrogant bubble, huh chief??

Right after he got Bill Gut to get the Terp ballboys to sweep up his cigarette butts and ashes, as el Deano cupped his smokes, DURING games, fool. I. Was. There.

Your arrogance is noted, Dean was human. Maybe you can apply to arrogance school soon - dook, bama football and KY hoops and pedo st live there.

He flipped us off, double bird, twice. He was smiling and laughing - we gave him a standing ovation!! It only took us 15 years to get a reaction - he was awesome. I guarantee I have seen him in person more than you, punk.

I have never done any of those things - nor even seen them, and I was at all the games. They did call JJ 's sister,,,,,Boozer mom story is garbage, batteries garbage too.

At least you had the courage to admit the condoms and boxes and all the other crap dookies have done. We both have our fair share of rich drunk NYC and Jersey kids. I went and go for the basketball, all the rest, even the KY and Dook crap in here means nothing.

Looks like ole hillbilly Bert 's a little rustled again. Good. Bert's 5 minutes outside of Baltimore - he keeps thinking he knows something. For the 456 time - Maryland is a DC school, not Crackmore. More Syracuse and pedo st fans there.

Hey Bert - Trumps innaug was the biggest ever, it was HUUUGE, hahahahahaha

I lived in Maryland for six years and there were few Maryland fans. Sorry Reindeer Terp you can lie all you want but Maryland's following is poor.

Your attempts to insult my home State are sort of laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT