ADVERTISEMENT

What is the Worst Display You've Seen From Another Fan/Fanbase?

Well, there was the time after Duke beat Purdue in the Elite Eight that this Duke fan took off one of his polos, flexed and tried to fight some Purdue fans.

popped-collar-3.jpg

As a whole Kentucky Baskerball fans, Clemson fans in any sport, Florida fans when they are winning, Arkansas fans when Little Rock is involved, and UCF fans. I know the UCF fan on may surprise you but we played at UCF a few years back in football. I believe we were ranked 8th or so. Biggest home game they had ever had. ABC national game. There were 100k fans outside and rude as ever for no reason.

Reactions: uoflcardsfan

They didn't win the Big 12 and got bounced by a 15 seed.

Lol, that's terrible.

Murray State fans many years ago showed out at the Peay. To be fair, one of our guys did go over to their section and wave a huge APSU flag over their section though. Then in the OVC tourney a bunch of them wanted to fight some of us in Nashville as well that year. Great fanbase though. Seriously. One of the more underrated fanbases in college ball IMO.

Let me just end this thread right here.

Without a doubt, the winner of this thread is Arizona State and their fans back in the late 80s who heckled Steve Kerr with the chant

WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE
WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE

Kerr's dad was a professor in Beirut. In 1984 when Steve was freshman, his dad was kidnapped and murdered by terrorists.

At the time I was deciding between going to school at ASU or Oklahoma. That incident was the tipping point which caused me to choose OU. Really stupid decision looking back...I would've failed out of ASU, but would've had a lot more fun doing it as opposed to failing out of OU after 1 semester)

Without a doubt, the winner of this thread is Arizona State and their fans back in the late 80s who heckled Steve Kerr with the chant

WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE
WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE

Kerr's dad was a professor in Beirut. In 1984 when Steve was freshman, his dad was kidnapped and murdered by terrorists.

At the time I was deciding between going to school at ASU or Oklahoma. That incident was the tipping point which caused me to choose OU. Really stupid decision looking back...I would've failed out of ASU, but would've had a lot more fun doing it as opposed to failing out of OU after 1 semester)
:eek:

Maryland fans throwing batteries at me during a UVA-MD football game

I was not very proud of fellow UVA fans that chanted "Crack Baby" at Juan Dixon during a UVA-MD basketball game though.

Personally witnessed an OSU fan going through a parking lot and keying all of the cars with Purdue bumper stickers / license plates / decals / etc. By the time I was able to find a cop and describe him, the guy was gone and the cop gave me a "(Shrug) Sorry, not much I can do" look.

Kinda in line with the first video by the OP, walking out of the Champ Sports Bowl against Maryland in 2006, there were two Maryland fans standing at the exit gate giving the finger and screaming "F*** You!!!" at the top of their lungs at every Purdue fan that walked past.

Didn't experience this myself but some coworkers went to a Nebraska @ Mizzou football game and had bags and water bottles full of urine thrown at them.

Mizzou fans are by fan the most disgusting in the nation.

Reactions: chitownUofI05

WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE
WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE

I was not very proud of fellow UVA fans that chanted "Crack Baby" at Juan Dixon during a UVA-MD basketball game though.

Over the years, Duke fans have been blamed for both of those incidents. I think that the Steve Kerr thing was actually a "PLO" chant.

As for the worst I've seen... I don't know, I haven't seen anything too too terrible. Maryland fans are I think the worst I've seen... tossing batteries and water bottles at player families, chanting curses at players little sisters... they seem like the worst I've seen over the last 30ish years.

Gotta say, always been proud of the fact that even rival fans who visit Cameron tend to talk about how nice the Duke fans tend to be. We might be loud, but we are rarely complete a-holes.

Well, there was the time after Duke beat Purdue in the Elite Eight that this Duke fan took off one of his polos, flexed and tried to fight some Purdue fans.

popped-collar-3.jpg

That’s hilarious. I was at the game and had some rich boys taunting us after the game. We took two steps toward them and they took off running. I think every o e was popping 3-4 collars

RollLaugh at this. We threw batteries at a Carlos Boozer's mom(allegedly;)) . This story is straight bull, nobody goes to Maryland football games, especially not UVA fans.

Spit on at UL-UK football game by UK fans at an apartment on the third floor. Each one of them was spitting on fans as they walked past their place on the sidewalk. Classy folks in Lexington.

I figured UK fans would be brought up in this thread, I was right lol

I honestly don't have too many bad experiences with fans outside of message boards. Never had a problem with Louisville fans in person, outside of the usual bickering that happens in this city between red and blue. The only thing that really sticks out is my truck was vandalized at U of L my sophomore year there. Nothing extreme, I had a UK front license plate and someone smashed that alone with part of my passenger door. Nothing too noticeable or bad, like I said, I probably should have expected it at some point in my four years wearing blue around campus ;)

RollLaugh at this. We threw batteries at a Carlos Boozer's mom(allegedly;)) . This story is straight bull, nobody goes to Maryland football games, especially not UVA fans.

This was in 2001. Maryland was actually ranked and won the game. And still threw batteries at me. I'm sure your fans have matured a lot since then.

I went to an NCAA game in Nashville once and talked a lot of trash back and forth with Louisville fans. They were playing there and I was wearing my UNC gear. UNC won it all that year so that was cool. All of the ones I talked to were really cool though, just some fun back and forth.

Sounds like bullshix. You and poor, poor Carlos Boozer's mom. I guarantee if you got batteries thrown at you it was deserved for being a douche.

I was at UHall for the Dixon game. Also the fraternity punks had signs that said Juan - your parents are crack heads......he corrected them that they were indeed heroin addicts. He autographed all the signs, and spoke at length with all of them.

I had a 30 year old dad throwing peanuts shells at me in UHall one night also, while he was holding an infant.....what a punk,,,typical for Charlottesville.

Batteries - you are full of it orange and blue tie wearing khaki punk.

This was in 2001. Maryland was actually ranked and won the game. And still threw batteries at me. I'm sure your fans have matured a lot since then.

Not a fvkcing chance. I would say there is a 1000% chance somebody hit Boozer's mom.

Edit: The Iowa fans were pissed a year or two ago because we kept chanting that one of their players was ugly. Its like really thats what your pissed about, thats tame compared to our reputation.

WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE
WHERE'S YOUR DAD STEVE

Ouch, that reminds me of
"No Mom Tom" (after Thomas Robinson's mother passed away) - The Antlers

Last edited:
Sounds like bullshix. You and poor, poor Carlos Boozer's mom. I guarantee if you got batteries thrown at you it was deserved for being a douche.

I was at UHall for the Dixon game. Also the fraternity punks had signs that said Juan - your parents are crack heads......he corrected them that they were indeed heroin addicts. He autographed all the signs, and spoke at length with all of them.

I had a 30 year old dad throwing peanuts shells at me in UHall one night also, while he was holding an infant.....what a punk,,,typical for Charlottesville.

Batteries - you are full of it orange and blue tie wearing khaki punk.

It happened. I didn't do a damn thing. You just have some shit fans too

I saw UK fans scream to a Florida Family who had two little kids in the family scream Go Blow Tebow as they were walking to commonwealth stadium for the Florida UK football game.

i had some Mizzou fans scream obscenities at me and my kid as we walked out of the game at Arrowhead the year we went to the orange bowl. My cousin had to leave the game because the fans in his section were taunting him and he didnt want to go to jail for beating them up. Funny next year when we beat them.....I didn't hear a peep.

Lsu at night in Death Valley. If your team isn’t ranked be prepared to see the corn dogs flying. Nice as can be before but during and after....get the hell out of there

When I was at the Naval Academy, we were playing Notre Dame in the Meadowlands, and the domer fans were peeing off of the middle deck, down on the midshipmen.

I was like “really? You’ve beaten Navy like 35 times in a row, and you feel like you need to be like this?”

What a bunch of trash fans.

When I was at the Naval Academy, we were playing Notre Dame in the Meadowlands, and the domer fans were peeing off of the middle deck, down on the midshipmen.

I was like “really? You’ve beaten Navy like 35 times in a row, and you feel like you need to be like this?”

What a bunch of trash fans.
No service member should ever be treated this way. Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT