ADVERTISEMENT

What’s summer like where you live?

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
It’s not even summer yet and we’ve probably had 12+ days of 100+ degrees over the past month. Today will be relatively cool with a high temperature of around 98. 15 day forecast shows no mercy. Summer afternoons are absolutely miserable in Midland, TX. The only nice thing about it is that it’s in a dry climate. Once the sun goes down it feels great outside.

On the flip side, an average winter day here is probably around 60 degrees. It only gets below freezing about 3-5 times a year and it might snow 1/2 an inch once. I do miss the snow but it’s hard to complain about 60 degrees with sunshine.

87-97 sunny dry heat. If it gets too warm drive the 45 minutes to Tahoe which is 10 degrees cooler and still sunny

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
87-97 sunny dry heat. If it gets too warm drive the 45 minutes to Tahoe which is 10 degrees cooler and still sunny
A 45 minute commute to that sounds great. Unfortunately mine is about 4 hours to Ruidoso. A very easy drive but more of a planned weekend. And we plan a couple of them every summer.

Reactions: klize17
Summer average is right around 75. About 10 minutes east is typically in the 90’s and 15-20 minutes west (in SF) could be in the high 50’s.

Microclimates are interesting.

Craziest weather extremes I’ve found in summer was I was at my old job in Far East Bay prob 10 years ago and it was 109 degrees. Drove into San Francisco, approx 16 miles as the crow flies and it was 59 and eye level fog.

Usually in the 65-75 degree range. Gets into the mid 80s here and there. Rain about once or twice a week. Little to no bad storms.

Here in KY, there is nothing but hot and humid air each and every single day. It’s miserable a lot of the time. Then, it’ll come a big storm because of all the humidity. Rinse and repeat. Today is the beginning, it’s going to be 92 but feel like 97 with like 50% humidity. Gonna get even hotter once summer starts

Reactions: I am stupid
A 45 minute commute to that sounds great. Unfortunately mine is about 4 hours to Ruidoso. A very easy drive but more of a planned weekend. And we plan a couple of them every summer.

We have our first planned week there on the Sunday before the fourth. Looking forward to it. Temp should be around 77-82 during the day and then 48-55 at night. Heard the water is freaking freezing.

No clue what summers are like in Russellville AR. I get the **** out of there as soon as the semester ends. I imagine it's very hot and methy.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
No clue what summers are like in Russellville AR. I get the **** out of there as soon as the semester ends. I imagine it's very hot and methy.

You living in a town called Russellville is the least shocking thing I’ve heard in a long time

Reactions: toonces11
High of 91 today, which really feels like 100+ with the humidity. Louisville is in a valley in the southeast, not many places get more humid during the summer days.

Summer average is right around 75. About 10 minutes east is typically in the 90’s and 15-20 minutes west (in SF) could be in the high 50’s.

Microclimates are interesting.

Craziest weather extremes I’ve found in summer was I was at my old job in Far East Bay prob 10 years ago and it was 109 degrees. Drove into San Francisco, approx 16 miles as the crow flies and it was 59 and eye level fog.
Remember last September in SF it got above 100? That shit sucked, it was the hottest it’s ever been in the Bay Area.

I blame Trump.

It’s not even summer yet and we’ve probably had 12+ days of 100+ degrees over the past month. Today will be relatively cool with a high temperature of around 98. 15 day forecast shows no mercy. Summer afternoons are absolutely miserable in Midland, TX. The only nice thing about it is that it’s in a dry climate. Once the sun goes down it feels great outside.

On the flip side, an average winter day here is probably around 60 degrees. It only gets below freezing about 3-5 times a year and it might snow 1/2 an inch once. I do miss the snow but it’s hard to complain about 60 degrees with sunshine.
It is 3 pm local time Saturday afternoon. It is 92.3 on my back porch in the shade and 48% humidity. That is even a little warm for Southcentral Kentucky on the 9th of June.

I have been to Midland, El Paso, Austin, Houston, Dallas, SanAntonio et.al. in the summer. Texas gets hot. I still love it. I lived in Houston, but on the west side which was a lot dryer. I don't believe that we ever saw a cloud in August. (Last year it was different!)

Reactions: schoonerwest
88-95 most days. Sometimes it hits 100. But it really doesn't matter if it is 85 or 98 because it always feels like 105-110. The beach is significantly cooler with the breeze off of the ocean.

I would much rather sweat my balls off than to be cold. And I know that a lot of folks would argue whether it even gets cold here or not, but to me it does.

I may end up in that area soon. Like within a few years soon. Not Boulder though. Was thinking Loveland or Fort Collins.
That’s awesome man. I love the Ft. We’re up there quite a bit in the summer. Great breweries, pools, and an old school drive in movie theater that kicks ass. The kids love it. Loveland is also cool, pretty much just blends right into Ft Collins.

Here in North Central North Carolina it’s been mostly in the mid to upper 80’s with some days in the 90’s and really humid which is what makes it so bad because those temps wouldn’t be nearly as bad if it wasn’t so humid. One day about a week or so ago the humidity was around 90%.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Here in North Central North Carolina it’s been mostly in the mid to upper 80’s with some days in the 90’s and really humid which is what makes it so bad because those temps wouldn’t be nearly as bad if it wasn’t so humid. One day about a week or so ago the humidity was around 90%.
That is what it is supposed to be.

North Carolina is a fine place to be. It is a wonderful place.

The best parts are Cape Hatteras and the mountains. Most of the places in between are good.SmokinSmile:)

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
ADVERTISEMENT