ADVERTISEMENT

We are all Jayhawks now

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
Except maybe @hawkit3113

giphy.gif

UNC under Roy Williams was never able to beat KU, even when they were the better team. If Hubert Davis can beat KU for national championship, hes already a better coach than Roy Willaims in my eyes.
When were we the better team and lost? My mind isn’t what it was but always felt we were losing when we played them, and didn’t have as much to do w Roy as it did the talent, as I recall.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
When were we the better team and lost? My mind isn’t what it was but always felt we were losing when we played them, and didn’t have as much to do w Roy as it did the talent, as I recall.
2008 UNC was overall top seed, lost to Kansas 66-84. 2012 UNC was top seed with Kansas as 2nd seed in the same region, lost that game 67-80. Adding on the 2013 game in which KU won 70-58. In these 3 games, UNC was the better team for 2 out of 3 times, and lost by an average of 14.3pts per game. Bill Self has owned Roy Williams in the matchups, and it wasnt even close.

-2008 the talent was pretty much even.
-2012 UNC was probably better but without Marshall they weren’t as good.
-2013 KU was clearly the better team.

The real fact is Self’s style was always a problem for Roy’s team going back to KU vs Illinois games in 2001 and 2002.

2008 UNC was overall top seed, lost to Kansas 66-84. 2012 UNC was top seed with Kansas as 2nd seed in the same region, lost that game 67-80. Adding on the 2013 game in which KU won 70-58. In these 3 games, UNC was the better team for 2 out of 3 times, and lost by an average of 14.3pts per game. Bill Self has owned Roy Williams in the matchups, and it wasnt even close.

In 2012 UNC’s starting backcourt was out due to injuries. Being a duke fan I know this stings and no , I don’t feel sorry for you.

A lot of people thought UNC was better prior to the game in ‘08, but I don’t think so. Definitely not that night.

In ‘13, KU was definitely better. It was a 1 vs 8 matchup. And the year before, UNC’s PG was out. Still a lot of talent on that team, but that probably gave KU the edge.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
A lot of people thought UNC was better prior to the game in ‘08, but I don’t think so. Definitely not that night.

In ‘13, KU was definitely better. It was a 1 vs 8 matchup. And the year before, UNC’s PG was out. Still a lot of talent on that team, but that probably gave KU the edge.
I just remember not thinking we’d win, but maybe it was actually Roy’s love for Kansas I worried about for whatever reason. Which is dumb. Not like he tried any less. Ha. You just owned him I guess.

I just remember not thinking we’d win, but maybe it was actually Roy’s love for Kansas I worried about for whatever reason. Which is dumb. Not like he tried any less. Ha. You just owned him I guess.
I do think there’s something about playing your former school. Bill often struggles in Stillwater and even lost to Oral Roberts in Allen once. I don’t think Mark Turgeon has ever beaten KU and it’s a decent sample size.

I picked Kansas to win it all in preseason in 2008. Both teams were loaded. Kansas came out like a house on fire, I thought Kansas was the best team that year.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I like this UNC team. And have for awhile, but they are ready at the top. An 8 seed, lol. It's UNC. MJ went there, lol.

So go JayHawks. +preston was nice to me when I started posting here.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UNC under Roy Williams was never able to beat KU, even when they were the better team. If Hubert Davis can beat KU for national championship, hes already a better coach than Roy Willaims in my eyes.

Please put bleach in your eyes to fix them. Thanks

Roy also struggled against Self when he was at Illinois. It this year’s KU team is a different style than those past Self teams.

I thought we were all still Peacocks. I can only change my rooting interest so many times. :cool:

Speak for yourself.

I am amazed at UNC's turnaround. I'm not for or against KU or UNC. I'd like to see a great game and let the best team win.
Me too, theirs is just as good as ours was bad lol. When we played them, it was like their guards were deers in headlights. They've been playing pretty dang good

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT