ADVERTISEMENT

Way Too Early All-American Teams

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

giphy.gif
To be fair, a few of the comments were last night when I'd had a few. That being said, Brazdeikis is clearly better than I thought he was. Going to be a heck of a battle between him and Romeo for Big 10 FOTY.

Reactions: bMORE607
No it's not, Michigan being a better team doesn't make Brazdeikis better than Romeo. Wishing and hoping won't do it either. Brazdeikis is a really good player but he's not Romeo Langford. Just check the mock drafts they'll tell you all you need to know.

Romeo>Brazdeikis and it isn't that close.

You don't see how Michigan resting Iggy and emptying the bench in blowouts hurts Iggy's per game numbers? Their numbers are pretty similar when they both get 30+ minutes aside from Brazdeikas being more efficient doing it.

I know I just commented on it, those numbers caught me off guard. Brazdeikis and Romeo are both good players, Brazdeikis has just been a little bit better to this point.

So the statement "Romeo > Iggy and it isn't that close" came without you... you know.... actually looking at his numbers?

So, Iggy he is averaging 20 points a game against two teams who may not even make the NCAA tournament.
No, buddy. Iggy is averaging 20 points after playing against 3 of the top 16 teams in the nation and blowing them all out by 20 or 30 points. He doesn't even have to pay the last 4 minutes of most games. You are using numbers that are based off of whole games, because you know that Iggy is far more efficient. Stats per minute mean far more than Romeo's good per game stats. He has to play the whole game, gets a bunch of his points in free throws trying to ice game against average teams.

The only fault I see out of Iggy right now is occasionally bad shot selection, but what freshman doesn't? And he is still shooting and playing more efficiently than Langford.

I really enjoy you using mock drafts when all the and arguments quickly went south for you. Fans from all schools saw through your lack of knowledge. You try to claim you know who is better and then say "wow, I didn't know he had that good of numbers and was so good. And you're telling me I need to watch basketball? You were arguing against a guy that could have been a fairy tale and not have known it.

This reminds me of the year you guys claimed Oladipi would get PoY all season and were proven wrong and the year Sparty wouldn't stop with the Gaty Harris is better than Nik and will win PoY in the B1G.

Romeo very well could end up winning FotY I'm the B1G, but there is absolutely nothing to show that Iggy isn't better than Romeo right now.. other than your precious "mock drafts"

Gee I guess someone should have warned the writers and coaches that Trey Burke and JJ Reddick didn't have high draft stock status and should have never had their PoY awards given to them!

Last edited:
Romeo is averaging more points and more rebounds than Brazdekis and he's at 49% shooting. You didn't even have him on your long just missed list. It's okay to admit you forgot him, nobody will mind.

I know he wasn't great against Duke but he's been great in every other game this year.

Edit: also more assists, so it's not like it's farfetched.

Romeo is averaging about a point more, a less rebound and like a half assist more, shooting 3% less than Iggy and on worse team who hasn't played near the level of competition that Michigan has yet. Iggy is putting up 20 point games against the likes of Purdue, Villanova and UNC. Romeo got sat by the only real competition he played. I've watched him several times this year and he is nowhere near Brazdekis right now.

On a second note, how much do I have to pay a month to post more than once every week? I used to love being on here and the football board and now I get to post once every 5 days and it's annoying as can be. What do I have to do to join back in? I've been posting here for over 10 years and this is what they do to me?!
Nova isn’t the Nova of old and Purdue has one great player and are 6-4. Also, if Romeo could hit his FT’s he’d be averaging over 20.

First team:
Carsen Edwards - Purdue
Zion Williamson - Duke
Grant Williams - Tennessee
RJ Barrett - Duke
Ethan Happ - Tennessee

Second team:
Dedric Lawson - Kansas
Jarrett Culver - Texas Tech
Rui Hachimura - Gonzaga
Shamorie Ponds - St. John's
Ja Morant - Murray State

Lawson over Williamson on first team. I am a Kansas homer and would put Vick on first team too over Edwards or Happ (who plays for Wisconsin, not Tennessee), but I'll settle (for now) for him on the second team.

Well Iggy didn't shine today, but this Michigan team has a lot of scoring threats so that is obviously. Mathews finally went off again and took the show back from Iggy.

Thank you to the mods or who ever allowed me to post again more than once a week.

ADVERTISEMENT