Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
Zags 54
Vols. 50 H

Vols up 61- 58 15 min to go

Good thread Della.

Pretty deep talented Tennessee team. Shot lights out and Key looks like a great pickup so far.

Reactions: della
Is this because y'alls board closed?
It’s bad there bball wise. Very little coverage of the game but worse on recruiting.

Have had visits last few weeks from guys we are in on and not a single article or update on recruiting in 2-3 weeks. Signing day right around the corner and don’t get anything.

• Sad
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It’s bad there bball wise. Very little coverage of the game but worse on recruiting.

Have had visits last few weeks from guys we are in on and not a single article or update on recruiting in 2-3 weeks. Signing day right around the corner and don’t get anything.
I think his comment was throwing shade as to why I would post this CBB stuff here in the CBB board.

BTW, this was the first CBB ever on PPV. The announcers yapped non stop about non game related stuff which was very annoying.

BTW, this was the first CBB ever on PPV. The announcers yapped non stop about non game related stuff which was very annoying.
$10 to watch an exhibition game. RollLaugh

I bet the 3 dozen people that tuned in were stoked!

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
$10 to watch an exhibition game. RollLaugh

I bet the 3 dozen people that tuned in were stoked!
Yeppers, $10 whole dollars to watch Ut play #2 Gonzaga. Of course that can’t compare with a blue and white game and the extreme generosity of a free ticket to that. 😝

Last edited:
Yeppers, $10 whole dollars to watch Ut play #2 Gonzaga. Of course that can’t compare with a blue and white game and the extreme generosity of a free ticket to that. 😝
exactly-point.gif

Scrimmages give some info----but not a lot. For the most part, they are scripted, controlled, etc, etc...Coaches play a ton of different combos----have periods were you can only play zone---then man to man...Press/no press. Not all are ran this way, but games LIKE THIS, tell very little.

With that being said, I do think UT will be very good.

NOTE: Exh like IU vs Marian, is different----as will be UK's scrimmage. They will play as if a reg season game. Looks as if the UT/GU game was open play as well....

I had UT top 5 in pre season list. Why , they should have been a 2 seed last year. They lost a freshman PG in Chandler, but return everyone , add a MCDD Phillips. Add a big time transfer, and are a year older. Arkansas ranked ahead of them is laughable. I don't see why UNC being ranked ahead of them is clear.

• Love
Was it an official game?
Bc it's not the first time cbb teams have done a PPV..

without putting any thought into it, Kansas played vs Mizzou in a preseason charity game to raise money for the Hurricane Harvey (?) victims in the Houston area.

Paid a lot more than $10 tho.

It's a "highlight" video of the game that's half an hour long. Why not just post the whole game? RollLaugh
Usually they post around 20 minutes from that station. One of my favorites because I can catch the important stuff for games I wasn’t able to watch live.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Was it an official game?
Bc it's not the first time cbb teams have done a PPV..

without putting any thought into it, Kansas played vs Mizzou in a preseason charity game to raise money for the Hurricane Harvey (?) victims in the Houston area.

Paid a lot more than $10 tho.
Exhibition game for charity

Reactions: KisteK
Looks like UT took it to them. @della - was this more of UT playing lights out or Gonzaga not looking as good as expected?

Looks like UT took it to them. @della - was this more of UT playing lights out or Gonzaga not looking as good as expected?
The Zags have a talented team and the game was close up until 15 minutes to go. The Zags started to wear down then and UT couldn't miss. This made it look like a beat down, but it really wasn't. Also, Key (transfer) and Phillips played great for UT.

That rock will end up upside y'all's head after the drumming we give you.
I'm just impressed they pulled it off, under the cloak of darkness. That's some Navy Seals level shit. Some poor campus security guard probably got fired. RollLaugh

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Indeed. All in good fun. That is one of the coolest traditions. I always enjoy seeing what it painted on the rock.
Those kids will tell their grandchildren about the night they snuck behind enemy lines and painted the rock. Just like I'll tell mine about the time I shimmied up that crane in Lexington to plant that giant Orange checkerboard flag. 😆

ADVERTISEMENT