ADVERTISEMENT

UVA vs Auburn Game Thread

If i can give the integrity of the game a pass for 0 fouls against auburn in the final 9 minutes of last week's elite 8... I can surely give the refs a pass for not calling a foul on auburn before a non called double dribble ...

Wtf? There was fouls called on auburn in the last 9 minutes of the game. Washington had two different and 1 calls in his favor in the last 3 minutes. Way to completely make something up though

you sure you want to do this? Im looking at ESPN's play by play right now

Spencer fouled out of the game and we had two other guys with 4. But yes claim all you want that we benefitted from the refs even though you guys had much less fouls called

Look at the foul totals between the two teams. We were in foul trouble. We basically had too stop playing defense. If ashtan hagens wasn’t such a shitty shooter you guys win easily.

You guys would of won yesterday if you werent so sh*tty at the FT line or in not fouling 3pt shooters. See how that works?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You guys would of won yesterday if you werent so sh*tty at the FT line or in not fouling 3pt shooters. See how that works?
We shot better from the line than uva did dude. But one missed double dribble was the biggest play of the game.

no .. biggest play of the game was fouling a 3pt shooter like an epileptic off his meds.

The foul never had a chance to occur if the missed double dribble is called. Thus why it was the biggest play. You aren’t very good at this but I guess you were educated in the state of Kentucky so I am not surprised

The foul never had a chance to occur if the missed double dribble is called. Thus why it was the biggest play. You aren’t very good at this but I guess you were educated in the state of Kentucky so I am not surprised

but here's the key part......... you can only control what you can control and your team failed at the part they could control.... dont foul the shooter and 60% odds he misses it..........

Reactions: UNC71-00
If the Auburn FT shooter makes that last FT to put them up 3, the entire sequence with the missed call and then the fouled 3 pointer never occurs.

The missed call wound up being important, but only because of Auburn missing two massive opportunities to negate them.

Reactions: UNC71-00
but here's the key part......... you can only control what you can control and your team failed at the part they could control.... dont foul the shooter and 60% odds he misses it..........

I do t disagree but the missed double dribble was still the biggest issue. This is what i am telling you

Even if it becomes the major conferences running things and it no longer being the NCAA... its not going to solve a damn thing. if you think there is corruption......... it will never end... the only thing that would ever change is who is in power with the corruption and who it favors.

Even if it becomes the major conferences running things and it no longer being the NCAA... its not going to solve a damn thing. if you think there is corruption......... it will never end... the only thing that would ever change is who is in power with the corruption and who it favors.

My biggest issue is the player being able to sell their own likeness is a step in the right direction. Athletes shouldn’t be restricted from Making money off themselves. The whole ncaa model is a sham. Who else gets to make billions off of free labor in this world?

People aren’t actually disputing the foul call right? It was clearly a foul, that’s how players get injured. Everywhere I am reading is that people agree with the foul call.

It’s hilarious that the double dribble didn’t get called though, that is far more glaring imo

"The biggest point I want to make, and I'm sincere in this, I'm not just saying this because it's politically the right thing to say. There is human error involved in the game. Kids make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. Yes, officials will make mistakes. That's part of the game. Get over it," he said.

We're on page 14 already? Incredible. The build-up and anticipation has almost reached the excitement of the first Kentucky-Tennessee match-up.

Reactions: jhmossy
"The biggest point I want to make, and I'm sincere in this, I'm not just saying this because it's politically the right thing to say. There is human error involved in the game. Kids make mistakes, coaches make mistakes. Yes, officials will make mistakes. That's part of the game. Get over it," he said.

Yet the coaches and players have to face the media afterwards. Officials get to hide out

Refs have been super inconsistent in the tourney. Weren’t calling much in the UvA Auburn game which was fine. Hate games with 10 minutes of Bonuses.

I was pretty irritated at the game initially, but it’s done. Auburn doesnt need a trophy to know they played an awesome tourney. UVA made some big shots and a call or two went their way. It happens. Was a great game.

Reactions: Borotiger
Refs have been super inconsistent in the tourney. Weren’t calling much in the UvA Auburn game which was fine. Hate games with 10 minutes of Bonuses.
Being inconsistent is what drives people crazy. Doug Shows has ruined SEC basketball with his whistle. Now he is doing Final 4, no whistle to be found, which is great.

no .. biggest play of the game was fouling a 3pt shooter like an epileptic off his meds.

Because a person with epilepsy who forgets their meds will have more seizures which will cause them to move uncontrollably and foul people shooting 3's........yeah, that's fuq'n hilarious.

I love my coach. He gets it..

Reactions: Borotiger
said no one ever.
Well if I said it, then I'm not the only one.

Ever hear of the multiverse theory?........

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT