ADVERTISEMENT

UT had 7 more fouls called than Kansas

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
It really had no bearing on the game. Kansas was just better in that game. I thought going into the game that Kansas was one of the top teams this year and I left it feeling the same way. Additionally, UT played her best game of the season against the Jayhawks, but it just wasn't enough. GBO

Reactions: rockycard
EPJCPOQVAAI9aq2

Pretty impressed with how Barnes has picked up the pieces this year. Lost a ton of talent off last years team, then lost probably their best player to injury and still look to be a tough team to beat home or away.

They played KU tough and actually had a shot to win at the Fog.

Pretty impressed with how Barnes has picked up the pieces this year. Lost a ton of talent off last years team, then lost probably their best player to injury and still look to be a tough team to beat home or away.

They played KU tough and actually had a shot to win at the Fog.
I agree with you. UT will have a tough time even making the dance this year, but if they continue the growth it is possible. UT has the possibility of being special next year with what they have coming in.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Tennessee looked much better than I expected. That might have been the best that any team has played offensively against KU this year.

Reactions: della
Tennessee looked much better than I expected. That might have been the best that any team has played offensively against KU this year.
It is worth noting that Kansas had 2 extremely talented big men on the bench. Yesterday we saw just how important Dok is to the team. Kansas was awful when he was on the bench.

Tennessee played great though. Pons is gonna be a fun player to watch.

I agree with you. UT will have a tough time even making the dance this year, but if they continue the growth it is possible. UT has the possibility of being special next year with what they have coming in.
I think Barnes has coached his butt off at UT. I didn't think he was a very good coach at Texas, but he is doing a hell of a job at UT.
I bet they get to the tournament this year, but I hope it's not at UK's expense.

I think Barnes has coached his butt off at UT. I didn't think he was a very good coach at Texas, but he is doing a hell of a job at UT.
I bet they get to the tournament this year, but I hope it's not at UK's expense.
I hope they get in the tourney and at UK's expense would be an added bonus. However, to your point, Barnes has done a great job and I'm thrilled we have him.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I didn't bring it up, Jeff did. However, we can just add this to y'all's paranoia topics like, UK being mistreated by Refs and so on.
Laughing I should learn to read a thread before I post. UK fans shouldn't be lumped in with me.

No other team in the country got to play against us with our 5 guard lineup. They didn’t look near as good with Dok on the floor, and had DMac been able to play that would have been an easy win. KU was like +18 with Dok on the floor and -12 with him off. We were exceptionally bad when we had no big man on the floor, it our usual selves when Dok was in the floor.

I liked when UT pulled the Hack-a-Dok and he made 'em suck it.
He has actually been hitting his FTs lately.

He worked on it for two years. His form looks so much better, and people have been saying he shoots 70%+ in practice. The first half of this year I think it was all just in his head and when they kept not falling he would just get frustrated. But over the last 10 or so games, he has been hitting more than half of them. Looks like he’s settling down and looks more comfortable at the stripe.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
No other team in the country got to play against us with our 5 guard lineup. They didn’t look near as good with Dok on the floor, and had DMac been able to play that would have been an easy win. KU was like +18 with Dok on the floor and -12 with him off. We were exceptionally bad when we had no big man on the floor, it our usual selves when Dok was in the floor.
Tennessee played y’all a good game. Y’all won and no reason for you to attempt to diminish UT’s play.

Tennessee played y’all a good game. Y’all won and no reason for you to attempt to diminish UT’s play.
I’m wasn’t attempting to do that. Just pointing out a very important key fact of the game. When we had the right guy on the floor and were able to operate well within our system, that offense looked much different against us.

I do think Tennessee played hard and y’all have some pieces to work with. And I really like Barnes and always cheer him on. But I do think y’all still got a lot of work to do just based on how it all went down when we had a complete team on the floor. But they did show enough that I think they can get there.

It is worth noting that Kansas had 2 extremely talented big men on the bench. Yesterday we saw just how important Dok is to the team. Kansas was awful when he was on the bench.

Tennessee played great though. Pons is gonna be a fun player to watch.

Not sure at this point in his career if I would call de Sousa extremely talented. But I get ur point. Y’all had no one to go to at C besides dok.

Says the guy who titled his thread about a foul discrepancy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT