ADVERTISEMENT

UL fans

Seriously not trying to take a shot at them, they have enough heat at the moment. But it really wouldn't surprise me if Darius Perry or McMahon are their best players next year. Guys are going to go to the NBA and transfer, I don't see hardly anyone staying. No recruits coming in, either. Maybe they'll get one or two surprise returnees.

It’s according to who the coach is, hoping for Mack personally.

I like Mack. Think he's a good coach. Probably in line for a step up. But that's a steep downgrade from Pitino. Do you think the scandal will hurt you guys that much in the coaching search?

Reactions: rockycard
I would be very surprised if Dwayne Sutton leaves. He's from Louisville and he grew up as a Cards fan... If everyone comes back, they would only have 9 scholarship guys on the roster. Certainly they'll try to find a grad transfer or two, but playing time would be a good incentive for most guys to return. I could see Adel and Spalding leaving early. Hope they don't have a mass exodus; it would be sad if 2019 Louisville closely resembled 2018 Pitt.

I would be very surprised if Dwayne Sutton leaves. He's from Louisville and he grew up as a Cards fan... If everyone comes back, they would only have 9 scholarship guys on the roster. Certainly they'll try to find a grad transfer or two, but playing time would be a good incentive for most guys to return. I could see Adel and Spalding leaving early. Hope they don't have a mass exodus; it would be sad if 2019 Louisville closely resembled 2018 Pitt.

i never listed Spalding because i think he declares

for next year, who stays and who leaves?
Look at your roster change after Kentucky changed coaches, only time will tell.
I like Mack. Think he's a good coach. Probably in line for a step up. But that's a steep downgrade from Pitino. Do you think the scandal will hurt you guys that much in the coaching search?
Every major team will probably be locked into the latest scandal, so no. I’ve heard that a lot of high profile coaches have expressed interest.

We are eligible for the tournament next year, we aren’t banned. A good hire and we will be a strong team again next year, grad transfers might be a necessity though.

Look at your roster change after Kentucky changed coaches, only time will tell.

Every major team will probably be locked into the latest scandal, so no. I’ve heard that a lot of high profile coaches have expressed interest.

our roster got a lot better when we hired Cal
BCG was recruiting D2 type players

i do agree that depending on who stays and who goes UL could have a very nice team next year

With no postseason ban, not sure why anyone would leave. Playing time is almost a given. A guy like Spalding could go from a fringe NBA pick, to a lock 1st rounder. Maybe if UL keeps Padgett, kids go. But the right hire, and I see why no one leaves.

Man, what could have been. Padgett won 20 games with this team. Imagine what Pitino would;ve done.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Mack, Alford, Shaka Smart all showing interest. Everyone wants Mack. No brainer that he's the front-runner.

As far as players go, Ray and Deng are 100% gone. Ray will go to the NBA. He's not projected anywhere right now, but I fully and my unbiased (serious) opinion is that he will kill it at the combine and go late first, early 2nd. He has the attitude, motor, and potential. IDK about Deng.

Everyone else, depends on how fast Xavier loses. If we lose tomorrow and Xavier goes onto the Final Four, well that's several weeks of no coach......aka players looking for new homes. The best thing UofL can ask for right now is Louisville to win and Xavier to lose this weekend.

Recruiting: Tyra, Interim (LOL) AD, is going to be the full AD by the end of the month and plans to hire BEFORE April 11th. IF Xavier or whoever is done before then, he said he has no problem hiring while he's still the "Interim." The key for April 11th? Signing period date. With Arizona losing commitments and others as well, there are still PLENTY of highly rated 4* talent available for recruitment. I don't see much of an issue recruitment wise. There are seriously a lot of uncommitted 4* recruits and talented players. A few 5*'s available as well. The same goes for grad transfers too.

Another thing that goes back to losing early is that the new coach will have to recruit the current roster. As long as there is NOT a long period of time between Louisville's season ending, the tournament team ending (Xavier, Texas, whomever), I don't see much of a problem with guys transferring out that aren't NBA bound. Players like King and Nwora (two names people bring up a lot when transfer talk arrives) aren't going to jump unless there's a lot of time. Both of those players specifically would thrive under Mack's system. Both would play their true position.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGO1668
Mack should return. All things considered he did a pretty good job this year.

He's called Louisville his dream job.
I'm not doubting you, I've never read that. One of my oldest friends is Quentin Goodwin's uncle, (mother's side) from back in Campbellsville. Everything my friend is hearing from Quentin is he's telling his players he's not leaving his alma mater. Could be coach speak of course, but that's what my friend is telling me.

If you don't mind, do you have a link to him calling UL his dream job. I wouldn't mind passing it along to my friend. TIA

I’ve never read anything about it being Mack’s dream job, but I do believe he’s really interested. A very reliable insider has mentioned that Alford wants the job badly, I’m guessing to be closer to home.

Reactions: keith37
I’ve never read anything about it being Mack’s dream job, but I do believe he’s really interested. A very reliable insider has mentioned that Alford wants the job badly, I’m guessing to be closer to home.
Alford would be a good hire for UL IMO. If he does well, then he would be there until he retires.

Something Quentin's uncle said was Mack loves the fact that Xavier is in the Big East now. Sure UL money is something that Xavier couldn't match, but he seems pretty convinced Mack is staying at Xavier. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but Ty has met Mack on multiple occasions and he's like a father to Quentin. We've been great friends since we were 8 ('83), so he's just telling me his thoughts on it all. Plus he's always been a UL fan since I've known him and would love Mack at UL. TIFWIW.

Reactions: rockycard
I don't think Alford would go over well with the fanbase, and a guy VERY close to the scene has stated that Mack would've taken the job the day Pitino was fired. Whoever is hired better be a popular choice, or the yum wi9be empty. There are a lot of conspiracy theorists that think the new regime not caring about sports at Louisville, a skeptical hire will add many more to the crowd.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don’t have a link, but I trust who told me he’s said that.
Oh, ok. Thanks. No offense, but I've met Quentin quite a few times while he was growing up and I'll go by his story. Again no offense.

Good luck on getting Mack. He'll be good for the UK/UL rivalry.

Alford aint happenin

Jesus, they're not getting Mack. Alford and Smart would only go to escape the hangman's noose at their current jobs. That's as good as UL can hope for. No one good is going there for several years. Common sense people, use it.

Jesus, they're not getting Mack. Alford and Smart would only go to escape the hangman's noose at their current jobs. That's as good as UL can hope for. No one good is going there for several years. Common sense people, use it.

Seems like you should take your own advice

Who would be your second choice besides Mack, and what positives would that coach bring?

Idk if I could give you a 2nd choice. I dont believe in Shaka because he’s been terrible at Texas with everything you could ask for.

Nah. I’ll pass. Let me know when you need some ammo for Missouri, however. I’ll gladly fire away at them.

You should of seen the Misery fans after their pathetic loss on Thursday... their fans giving tickets away for free with the most hopeless looks on their faces.. I think you would of gotten a smile out of it at least lol

ADVERTISEMENT