ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs. Buffalo

My favorite thing is all the media members picking Davidson AND Buffalo to beat Kentucky. Cal doesn't lose to mid majors. Hilarious how they let their hate for Cal cloud their judgment that much.
Media does this with everyone. It's what they do. Cal just gets his feelings hurt sometimes.;)

Again, are you always bitter as f***ing vinegar? You're kind of a douche to everybody.

Or you could do everybody a favor, and not act like a total f***ing dick.

Take it easy on him guys he was picked on and beat up a lot as a kid so when he gets on here he likes to act tough and mean so he don’t feel like a little b*t*h. Just watch the way he uses that CAPS LOCK button sometimes when he’s trying to show anger. Scary stuff!!!Laughing

Who would complain about the draw we have at this point?? It’s crazy easy. If we don’t do well it’s all on us

But that makes 0 sense. The 2 teams you complained about originally got blown out by 20. Why WOULDN'T you be complaining now? Oh it's because the 2 teams that won aren't name brands...

Reactions: KYtotheCore
UT beat UK twice, and Cincinnati is a very tough team. I wouldn't be surprised to see UK lose to either.
I'm morre concerned with UT than Cincy. Cincinnati is really good defensively. Other than that, noting scary. IMO, UK would handle Cincy. You are going to have to score the ball at a decent clip to beat UK. Just don't thinkCIncy could do that.

Original bracket has absolutely nothing to do with anything. That's why you see 0 perfect brackets and loads of upsets. Name brands doesn't equal automatic success. Uk fans complained about Arizona and UVA, two name brands in their region. Now they are gone, you hear nothing. Which is ironic because those name brands got blown out, which shows in reality, they weren't ever anything to begin with.

Didn't UVA win the ACC?

Reactions: Global Havok
I'm morre concerned with UT than Cincy. Cincinnati is really good defensively. Other than that, noting scary. IMO, UK would handle Cincy. You are going to have to score the ball at a decent clip to beat UK. Just don't thinkCIncy could do that.

UC is better than UT. But there is a familiarity thing involved with UT that would make it a tougher game imo. I'd say both are 50/50ish.

But that makes 0 sense. The 2 teams you complained about originally got blown out by 20. Why WOULDN'T you be complaining now? Oh it's because the 2 teams that won aren't name brands...

Just stupid. AZ has more NBA talent that 99% of the team’s out there. UVA did things no other ACC team has EVER done. Has nothing to do with name brands, has to do with talent and accomplishments. Again, just fvcking stupid.

I mean I picked us to get to the final four but I’m biased. No Kentucky fan would have been surprised if we lost in the round of 32 or Sweet Sixteen
It wouldn't have shocked me had UK lost toAZ in the 2nd round. But I didn't think it was some daunting, crazy, 2nd round task. AZ was good. They weren't THAT good. They beat up on a pretty mediocre Pac 10. I don't let the name of a team concern me. Opposed to whagt type of team it is. Like in 2013. As soon as I saw Syracuse as our 4-seed, I just prayed and prayed they would lose. Not b/c of being "Syracuse". But because of their style. Actally the same thing with Temple. Worried the shit out of me. And for good reason: Barely beat Temple; got smashed by Syracuse.

Hell two years ago I was more concerned with UK, than I was with UNC.

IMO, I felt the Cats got a favorable draw. They mathced up very well with everyone.

It's honestly simple. Would you rather have Buffalo's A+ game, or Arizona's?

Would you rather have Virginia's A+ game, or UMBC's?

It's honestly simple. Would you rather have Buffalo's A+ game, or Arizona's?

Would you rather have Virginia's A+ game, or UMBC's?
But why are we playing WYR when this will never happen? The NCAAT is a single elimination tournament. You bring it or you don't. Clearly neither team brought it.

Honest question. Would Virginia lose in a 7 game series? How about Arizona? You know the answer. Quit playing stupid.

Maybe if this were the NBA this would make sense. It's a single elimination tournament....

Maybe if this were the NBA this would make sense. It's a single elimination tournament....
Your argument is both Buffalo and UMBC are better than Virginia and Arizona is it not?? We are only scared of Arizona and Virginia because of their names?? That makes zero sense, because you and I and everyone else both knows the better team didn’t win.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
But why are we playing WYR when this will never happen? The NCAAT is a single elimination tournament. You bring it or you don't. Clearly neither team brought it.

That's fine, and that can happen to anybody. You can only base your preferences on how well a team can play, and how they've been playing. You're lying to yourself if you're saying that you would like to have Kentucky's bracket on selection Sunday.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just stupid. AZ has more NBA talent that 99% of the team’s out there. UVA did things no other ACC team has EVER done. Has nothing to do with name brands, has to do with talent and accomplishments. Again, just fvcking stupid.
Not stupid. Did you watch these teams? Regardless of the NBA talent by AZ, or the wonderful things UVA did---they were both favorable match-up's for UK. AZ is awful defensively. I mean just bad. Look at it this way: Indiana was better defensively. Sure they had talent, but it was unharnessed talent. Sure they could've beaten UK. But I wouldn't have picked it. Simply b/c I do not think AZ could've stopped UK.

Then with UVA,..Yeah 31-2. Won the ACC by a million games. But they were limited athletically. And they struggled with athletic, long teams. Guess what UK is?

I would've been more worried had UK been put in a 4/5 with OSU. Or having Villanova as their one seed.

Just think match-up wise, UK got a pretty darn good draw.

UC is better than UT. But there is a familiarity thing involved with UT that would make it a tougher game imo. I'd say both are 50/50ish.
I don't think they are. But it is seemingly becoming irrelevant. UT down 10 with 4 to go

Not stupid. Did you watch these teams? Regardless of the NBA talent by AZ, or the wonderful things UVA did---they were both favorable match-up's for UK. AZ is awful defensively. I mean just bad. Look at it this way: Indiana was better defensively. Sure they had talent, but it was unharnessed talent. Sure they could've beaten UK. But I wouldn't have picked it. Simply b/c I do not think AZ could've stopped UK.

Then with UVA,..Yeah 31-2. Won the ACC by a million games. But they were limited athletically. And they struggled with athletic, long teams. Guess what UK is?

I would've been more worried had UK been put in a 4/5 with OSU. Or having Villanova as their one seed.

Just think match-up wise, UK got a pretty darn good draw.
I have no problems with opinions. Some do, but you laid out your opinion great.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don't think they are. But it is seemingly becoming irrelevant. UT down 10 with 4 to go

I was super high on UT. I don't know if they have just laid an egg or if Loyala has been that good. Personally I will be glad if they are gone though lol.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Your argument is both Buffalo and UMBC are better than Virginia and Arizona is it not?? We are only scared of Arizona and Virginia because of their names?? That makes zero sense, because you and I and everyone else both knows the better team didn’t win.
Well said.

I'm sure you're enjoying it now that they got exposed. So many were scared of the name. The name doesn't create your path. Playing the game does. Both got beat by 20, yet no Uk fan is nervous or scared of UMBC and now you have 30+ threads on RR and everywhere calling it a cakewalk. Why? Because Uk is going to play 0 name brands.

UVA got exposed? Has Lousiville beaten UVA since they got in the ACC?

That's how I feel about Duval. He's looked good in his first NCAA Tournament games

Duval is such an enigma to me. He has so many tools, but over the past 10 before today, he's been really, really, really bad.

7.9 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 4.8 Ast, 2.9 Tov per game with shooting splits of 38.8% FG, 38.7% from 3 (which is only this high because he hit half as many 3's against Iona as he's hit in the previous 9 games combined), and 41.7% FT. It's hard to keep a guard with those numbers on the floor when shit gets real, but he's still getting massive minutes (30 minutes per game).

Has the ability to break through, similarly to how Diallo broke through for UK, but eh.

Look, if this were Duke, UNC, KU, UL, etc, etc...who suddenly got this path, UK fans would be all over it. Some would go as far as saying it was a conspiracy to get them to the FF; And keep UK out. What is going on now with fans giving UK fans grief over a suddenly very, very "easy" path, would be repeated if the shoe were on the other foot. Especially if said team(s) were Duke or UNC.

This bantering goes both ways. If it were Duke with this path, it would be UNC, UK and KU fans chirping. If it were UNC, same thing. Just happens to be UK.

All in fun.

UVA got exposed? Has Lousiville beaten UVA since they got in the ACC?

Yes they got exposed? What does our record against UVA have to do with anything? We aren't and haven't been a great offensive team. Look what happens when a team hits shots against UVA. Just like Florida last year. If you hit shots against UVA, you have a chance to run them out of the gym. UMBC went 12-24 behind the arc. They broke UVA's defense multiple times. Great retort btw. LOL

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...nt-john-calipari-whining-nate-oats/431930002/

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Knox needs to show up in the next round. He's been terrible so far, especially today.

Look, if this were Duke, UNC, KU, UL, etc, etc...who suddenly got this path, UK fans would be all over it. Some would go as far as saying it was a conspiracy to get them to the FF; And keep UK out. What is going on now with fans giving UK fans grief over a suddenly very, very "easy" path, would be repeated if the shoe were on the other foot. Especially if said team(s) were Duke or UNC.

This bantering goes both ways. If it were Duke with this path, it would be UNC, UK and KU fans chirping. If it were UNC, same thing. Just happens to be UK.

All in fun.

When people justify, "some UK fans do it", for a reason of them doing the same, then they're just like those UK fans they're mocking.

When people justify, "some UK fans do it", for a reason of them doing the same, then they're just like those UK fans they're mocking.
Oh, c'mon........THat's not even close to what I was saying. That's so third grade'ish, man. I'm not justifying UK getting shit b/c other UK fans do it. I'm saying----------Its a part of sports. Its what men(and women) do. It's what rival fans do. UK fans do it........IU fans do it........UNC fans do it. So on and so on. To act as if this is ONLY done to UK, and that UK wouldn't do the same, was the whole point. You know as well as I do that if this were Duke, you,among the many others of BBN, would be giving them all kinds of shit.

ADVERTISEMENT