ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs. Buffalo

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
Let's get this thing started.

giphy.gif

If Buffalo hits 15 threes again while UK hits none they will lose by more than Arizona did

If Buffalo hits 15 threes again while UK hits none they will lose by more than Arizona did
They were impressive last night. That kind of performance over AZ has me hoping we at least know where to start for defending them. They did everything right.

I was half watching at a bar, but that Buffalo D looked like a swarm of bees at times. Should be a good one.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Kentucky is a six-point favorite in tomorrow’s game vs. Buffalo. The line opened at 7.5 and moved to 6 in less than an hour.

Not going to happen. Buffalo got lucky more than a few times, but they also had a lot of open shots. Getting open shots against Kentucky is very difficult, and even when you get them, you often see teams miss because they expect some athletic freak with 8' long arms to block the shot out of nowhere.

Kentucky is fine in this one. Your offensive struggles mean the game will probably be close, but Kentucky when they focus on defense can shut it down enough to win against lesser teams.

Reactions: fleckabelly
Kentucky will lose if Buffalo plays like they did last night. I definitely think the blew their load, though. And Kentucky isn’t missing every three again. I’d take UK at -6 right now

Kentucky will lose if Buffalo plays like they did last night. I definitely think the blew their load, though. And Kentucky isn’t missing every three again. I’d take UK at -6 right now
UK only shot 6 threes. The only way Buffalo has a chance is if they can play without fouling. Arizona only shot 11 FTs.
Davidson had tons of open 3s vs UK, they just missed them.

UK only shot 6 threes. The only way Buffalo has a chance is if they can play without fouling. Arizona only shot 11 FTs.
I actually hope they only take 6 against Buffalo, too. They got anything they wanted in the paint. I do think we’d hit 1 or 2 of the open ones we missed. And yea, we did get lucky in the first half. They missed a lot of open shots. That one kid couldn’t missed in the second though. So frustrating we wouldn’t get on him

I actually hope they only take 6 against Buffalo, too. They got anything they wanted in the paint. I do think we’d hit 1 or 2 of the open ones we missed. And yea, we did get lucky in the first half. They missed a lot of open shots. That one kid couldn’t missed in the second though. So frustrating we wouldn’t get on him
Without looking up the stats, I believe that same kid gave Carolina fits also. I believe he scored 19 or 20 on UNC.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Without looking up the stats, I believe that same kid gave Carolina fits also. I believe he scored 19 or 20 on UNC.

Dude went nuts in the 2nd half last night. Scored 0 in the first, and like 25 or so in the 2nd. Could. Not. Miss.

Buffalo doesn't run an offense like Davidson. That doesn't mean they won't win/get a lot of open looks, but Davidson runs so much motion where they get a ton of open looks. Buffalo is more drive and kick for open looks.

Buffalo doesn't run an offense like Davidson. That doesn't mean they won't win/get a lot of open looks, but Davidson runs so much motion where they get a ton of open looks. Buffalo is more drive and kick for open looks.
Buffalo reminds me of Auburn.

They remind me of Arkansas. Auburn doesn't play a similar style of defense. They match up pretty well stylistically with Arkansas. Plus, Auburn still has a couple of ultra talented players on their roster (although one went down with injury for the season).

They remind me of Arkansas. Auburn doesn't play a similar style of defense. They match up pretty well stylistically with Arkansas. Plus, Auburn still has a couple of ultra talented players on their roster (although one went down with injury for the season).
Auburn’s small guys swarm to the ball, JUST like Buffalo. Buffalo doesn’t resemble Arkansas at all.

Auburn’s small guys swarm to the ball, JUST like Buffalo. Buffalo doesn’t resemble Arkansas at all.

That's literally what Arkansas has always done. That's their game. They press, they shoot 3's (better than Buffalo by a long shot, too), they try to create havoc and play an up-tempo game.

I was thinking a bit like Florida too. They aren't big but they apply lots of pressure. UK is gonna have to be more careful with the ball. Maybe actually hitting a three or two would help as well.

That's literally what Arkansas has always done. That's their game. They press, they shoot 3's (better than Buffalo by a long shot, too), they try to create havoc and play an up-tempo game.
You just described Auburn, granted, I’ve only seen Auburn once this year.

If they continue to emphasize ball pressure, this will be a game where SGA will live at the line - hopefully.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
You just described Auburn, granted, I’ve only seen Auburn once this year.

Not their style of defense. The offense may be similar, but the defensive style of Auburn was not the same kind that I seen from Buffalo this season.

Buffalo was impressive. Especially defensively. And I mean its not like AZ doesn't have athletes, and a ton of talent. But...................Kentucky is a different animal. Especially defensively. And IMO, more offensive options than AZ had. PLus, UK very seldom seems to take a bad shot. AZ very seldom seemed to take a good one. Post depth will be an issue as well. Cats just run one 6'9-6'10" athletic freak after another at you. Gabriel...Then SKJ....Then Richards...Then Knox. Not to mention Washington; who plays very big for a 6'7" guy.

If UK is able to hit some three's, I think they will cruise. If not, and Buffalo shoots it well, the Bulls have a chance. If I were UK thiough, I'd repeat Thursdays plan: Inside, inside, inside.

My pick is UK by 11; 70-59

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Buffalo was impressive. Especially defensively. And I mean its not like AZ doesn't have athletes, and a ton of talent. But...................Kentucky is a different animal. Especially defensively. And IMO, more offensive options than AZ had. PLus, UK very seldom seems to take a bad shot. AZ very seldom seemed to take a good one. Post depth will be an issue as well. Cats just run one 6'9-6'10" athletic freak after another at you. Gabriel...Then SKJ....Then Richards...Then Knox. Not to mention Washington; who plays very big for a 6'7" guy.

If UK is able to hit some three's, I think they will cruise. If not, and Buffalo shoots it well, the Bulls have a chance. If I were UK thiough, I'd repeat Thursdays plan: Inside, inside, inside.

My pick is UK by 11; 70-59
I think it will be a little higher scoring. Buffalo likes to play fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT