ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs. Buffalo

Wrong. When it's coming from uncfan in ky you can be sure it's hate. He's pretty obsessed with UK if you haven't noticed.
With him, OK. But it doesn't make the statement any less true. I can understand UK fans aren't going to agree. Understand 100%. But if he's not complaining about the officials.......he's complaining about how you young his team is.....If not that, its the seed. Then the location. Rinse and repeat. No big deal. Kinda of funny really.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Whining profusely about somebody whining.

Not just standard whining, either. It's salty as hell, tear induced whining.

Like he's some kind of titty baby.
My dad use to tease me when I was younger when I would cry after getting hurt, or well, not getting my way. He'd always say-----"Want daddy to get you some titty milk..........". Man that use to piss me off.[/QUOTE]

With him, OK. But it doesn't make the statement any less true. I can understand UK fans aren't going to agree. Understand 100%. But if he's not complaining about the officials.......he's complaining about how you young his team is.....If not that, its the seed. Then the location. Rinse and repeat. No big deal. Kinda of funny really.
He bitches about plenty of things but youth isn't one of them. Sure, he brings it up a lot but I wouldn't say that is complaining about it. He realizes he's the one that put the team together. People ask him questions and he answers. Usually those answers have to do with youth because players do stupid crap when they are underclassman. I don't know why it's such a big deal. They are the youngest team in the country.

He bitches about plenty of things but youth isn't one of them. Sure, he brings it up a lot but I wouldn't say that is complaining about it. He realizes he's the one that put the team together. People ask him questions and he answers. Usually those answers have to do with youth because players do stupid crap when they are underclassman. I don't know why it's such a big deal. They are the youngest team in the country.
Trust us, EVERYBODY knows UK is the youngest team in the country.Winking

Trust us, EVERYBODY knows UK is the youngest team in the country.Winking
Yes, he does use every opportunity to let people know. Preemptive excuse. Laughing This was the first year since like WWII they haven't had a senior on the roster though.

Yeah, its complaining. And he doesn't always have to answer with---"They are FRESHMAN!". We know that. But he does And he does so with a purpose. Like I said, I understand you guys are going to defend it. Is what it is. But there is no reason to answer every question with "they are freshman". I mean if they are still making the same mistakes at game 34 that they were at game one.....Well maybe that says something about you? Which is what I mean by him they are freshman with a purpose.

Its not a big deal. It's just tiresome. I mean how mnany times have you heard K say-----"they are freshman"? I mean he starts a few of his own,; Bagley, Carter, Duval, Trent..........Just seems like a cop out at times.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Yeah, its complaining. And he doesn't always have to answer with---"They are FRESHMAN!". We know that. But he does And he does so with a purpose. Like I said, I understand you guys are going to defend it. Is what it is. But there is no reason to answer every question with "they are freshman". I mean if they are still making the same mistakes at game 34 that they were at game one.....Well maybe that says something about you? Which is what I mean by him they are freshman with a purpose.

Its not a big deal. It's just tiresome. I mean how mnany times have you heard K say-----"they are freshman"? I mean he starts a few of his own,; Bagley, Carter, Duval, Trent..........Just seems like a cop out at times.
We aren't talking about K and how his stable of one-and-dones are ruining college basketball and making a mockery of the game. We are talking about Cal and UK. SmokinSmile

We aren't talking about K and how his stable of one-and-dones are ruining college basketball and making a mockery of the game. We are talking about Cal and UK. SmokinSmile
SOlid deflection. 9/10. Very well done.:D

SOlid deflection. 9/10. Very well done.:D
Thanks! Coach K always has upperclassmen that play huge roles though, so there is that. Now that he is all in on the OAD bus that luxury will be ending very soon though, as in next season.

I'm not even rustled by the Buffalo coach . . . deep down he probably suspects they had their run. They might even win. The world still needs people to talk smack and back it up. That's what this country was built on. In this day and age I find it refreshing.

I'm not even rustled by the Buffalo coach . . . deep down he probably suspects they had their run. They might even win. The world still needs people to talk smack and back it up. That's what this country was built on.
They won't win. I'm guessing all his smack talking will do is lead his team to a curb stomping.

Thanks! Coach K always has upperclassmen that play huge roles though, so there is that. Now that he is all in on the OAD bus that luxury will be ending very soon though.
Sure, there is "that". But how many times have you heard him refer to Bagley, Carter as "they are freshman", when asked about them(for bad play)? Me? I've never heard it. Doesn't mean he hasn't said it. But I;ve personally never heard it. Hell Cal complained about having freshman when he had Darius Miller, Doron Lamb and Jones. Did it 2015. Even though he had Poythress(Jr), Hawkins(So), WCS(Jr) and Willis(Soph). Same thing in 2015-16. When he had a butt load of upperclassmen. Same in 2016-17.

In other words........Same thing. Just a different year.

Like I said Kevin.......If your frosh are making the same mistakes at 34 that they were during game 1........Well that's on you. Not them. Like I said-------He uses that term cleverly. With a purpose.

He uses that term cleverly. With a purpose.

I agree. I don't see him as complaining about it though. I see it more as when UK loses, he can lean on it as a "be patient, we're trailblazing here" comment, and when they win, he uses it to point to lapses that were made in-game (even though they won) to show there's still room for growth.

Or it could just be complaining. jumpingsmile

Sure, there is "that". But how many times have you heard him refer to Bagley, Carter as "they are freshman", when asked about them(for bad play)? Me? I've never heard it. Doesn't mean he hasn't said it. But I;ve personally never heard it. Hell Cal complained about having freshman when he had Darius Miller, Doron Lamb and Jones. Did it 2015. Even though he had Poythress(Jr), Hawkins(So), WCS(Jr) and Willis(Soph). Same thing in 2015-16. When he had a butt load of upperclassmen. Same in 2016-17.

In other words........Same thing. Just a different year.

Like I said Kevin.......If your frosh are making the same mistakes at 34 that they were during game 1........Well that's on you. Not them. Like I said-------He uses that term cleverly. With a purpose.
Bagley and Carter are man children, beasts, studs.... They don't suck ass like Diallo and Richards.

I agree. I don't see him as complaining about it though. I see it more as when UK loses, he can lean on it as a "be patient, we're trailblazing here" comment, and when they win, he uses it to point to lapses that were made in-game (even though they won) to show there's still room for growth.

Or it could just be complaining. jumpingsmile
Very fair post.....

Reactions: KYtotheCore
If Buffalo hits 15 threes again while UK hits none they will lose by more than Arizona did

Arizona isn’t Kentucky. While we will get their best shot, I have to think they’ll be a little star struck. If we can take advantage early, we should be fine.

Sounds like you’re a damn idiot. Cal & his crying in every interview gets old. Cries & his youth, cries about his seed, cries about the refs, cries about the location he plays at.
You wouldn't understand. Your team is protected. You get easy paths and every call in the tournament. It's easy for a spoiled prick like you to call him out when your program is handed everything.

They're fearless. They have my respect for sure after how they dominated Zona. Hopefully we can knock down some shots this time. If UK wins, I kinda hope Cal returns a jab or two.

Well, it's not the game I wanted.

But, it's probably the game I deserve.

Go Cats!!

You wouldn't understand. Your team is protected. You get easy paths and every call in the tournament. It's easy for a spoiled prick like you to call him out when your program is handed everything.
We had a easy path last year, try & be more competitive next time.
Enjoy your 12 & 13 seeds this weekend, I’m sure you UK fans will figure out a way to cry that you’ve got it so hard.

Looking forward to the Bulls tomorrow. Those dudes played some hard board ball yesterday .

DYdIaAPXkAEyj3o.jpg:large

Reactions: catman111
Kentucky is a six-point favorite in tomorrow’s game vs. Buffalo. The line opened at 7.5 and moved to 6 in less than an hour.
It’s 5 1/2 now, I really can’t believe that it’s still dropping. I don’t gamble or I would be all over Kentucky and giving the points, and this isn’t a reverse jinx post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT