ADVERTISEMENT

UK Landed 3rd Top 10 Player for 2022

You guys are going to be absolutely loaded next year, maybe the most talented UK team ever.

Shaedon Sharpe is the truth and then you got Wallace, Livingston and Sharpe too.
Cal will find a way to not do much with it. Freshman typically also eff up when shit hits the fan. Still surprised dudes like Cal still try to go one and done heavy when its pretty much been proven year after year to not be a successful formula

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Cal will find a way to not do much with it. Freshman typically also eff up when shit hits the fan. Still surprised dudes like Cal still try to go one and done heavy when its pretty much been proven year after year to not be a successful formula
Yeah the last times he that many top 10's he only went to the final 4 and won a national championship. What a bum.

You guys are going to be absolutely loaded next year, maybe the most talented UK team ever.

Shaedon Sharpe is the truth and then you got Wallace, Livingston and Sharpe too.
Supposedly there's another commit coming, but I have no idea who it is.

Yeah the last times he that many top 10's he only went to the final 4 and won a national championship. What a bum.
He had Anthony Davis who was a generational talent. All top 10's are not the same. And Duke and UKs results when compared to recruiting class rankings both show that stockpiling 5 stars freshmen is far from a proven way of winning championships. I'm sure you UK fans already know this but like most fanbases liked to get overly excited about recruiting classes when you know the net gains are often underwhelming

Last edited:
tenor.png

They still have John Calipari coaching them though. At least they will draft night

He had Anthony Davis who was a generational talent. All top 10's are not the same. And Duke and UKs results when compared to recruiting class rankings both show that stockpiling 5 stars freshman is far from a proven way of winning championships. I'm sure you UK fans already know this but like most fanbases liked to get overly excited about recruiting classes when you know the net gains are often underwhelming
Unfortunately, I’ve found this to be true. A 5* isnt what it used to be just 5 years ago.

Not sure what has changed with these kids, but there are no more Cousins, Walls, Davis’ or Townes.
They are still out there. Cal just hasn’t been landing them. Cal as good as he is as recruiter was getting all the sure fire guys from 2009-2016. Since then Uk while still signing great classes. Stop getting the top of the line studs. But dudes like Jaylen Suggs, Jalen green, Cade Cunningham, Zion, Tre young, etc. didn’t come to UK

They are still out there. Cal just hasn’t been landing them. Cal as good as he is as recruiter was getting all the sure fire guys from 2009-2016. Since then Uk while still signing great classes. Stop getting the top of the line studs. But dudes like Jaylen Suggs, Jalen green, Cade Cunningham, Zion, Tre young, etc. didn’t come to UK
To me it isn’t about whether Cal gets those talents or not. I don’t get riled up when they choose elsewhere. My point is that those kids were 5*s, same as the Skal Labiesseres or the Brandon Boston’s were. Cal’s still getting 5 stars, but again, I think whoever ranks these kids these days are being a lot more generous with the stars than what it used to take. The Zions, Cunningham’s, etc should be 6 stars. jumpingsmile

UK has landed classes that rank as high or higher than the teams that signed the one outstanding player, but it rarely amounts to anything for either team regardless of abilities and talent, perceived or otherwise. No trophy = No trophy.

To me it isn’t about whether Cal gets those talents or not. I don’t get riled up when they choose elsewhere. My point is that those kids were 5*s, same as the Skal Labiesseres or the Brandon Boston’s were. Cal’s still getting 5 stars, but again, I think whoever ranks these kids these days are being a lot more generous with the stars than what it used to take. The Zions, Cunningham’s, etc should be 6 stars. jumpingsmile

UK has landed classes that rank as high or higher than the teams that signed the one outstanding player, but it rarely amounts to anything for either team regardless of abilities and talent, perceived or otherwise. No trophy = No trophy.
What is true is that recruiting classes can be deceiving. However, Shaedeon Sharp would be a top 5 pick if he went pro this year

That’s my point though. You aren’t signing the one stud now though. High r asked classes with no star. Take Anthony Davis, randle or KAT off the classes they signed in and those UK teams look like the ones you have been signing lately. Top athletes with no star player.

Reactions: Villian07
That’s my point though. You aren’t signing the one stud now though. High r asked classes with no star. Take Anthony Davis, randle or KAT off the classes they signed in and those UK teams look like the ones you have been signing lately. Top athletes with no star player.
Tyler Herro - 4*
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - 4*
Devin Booker - 4*

Gotta be honest . . . missing on the studs hasn’t been too bad.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tyler Herro - 4*
Shai Gilgeous Alexander - 4*
Devin Booker - 4*

Gotta be honest . . . missing on the studs hasn’t been too bad.
Cal didn’t use booker properly but yes I agree. He was also signed 6.5 years ago which was in the time frame I referenced

Cal didn’t use booker properly but yes I agree. He was also signed 6.5 years ago which was in the time frame I referenced
Correct. There's overachieving 4 stars and underachieving 5s. It's become more of a gamble it seems these days.

Mehh its about getting the top 5 kids or so it changes every class, not just five star kids.

When cal first got to uk he was reeling in the number one recruit pretty much every year and he went on a pretty damn good run. Granted he also got burned a couple times by noel and skal, but still. 2009-20014 no one was better, argubly. Then he quit landing the number 1 draft picks after 2015 and they havent been as dominant since. We will see if next year changes that.

They’re all reclassifying and coming in a little younger. Wasn’t Wall and Bledsoe both 19 year old freshmen?
I think that’s right. I don’t know . . . I’ve grown to not get too excited over the next best recruit. If they sign with UK, great, but I’ll reserve my enthusiasm until after a few games. If they don’t sign with UK, well, that’s fine too.

Loading your team with young players doesnt work. Unless they stay in school

Kentucky keeps doing the samething over and over.

The rest of college basketball says thank you.
One of the most experienced teams this year at Kentucky just lost to freshmen led team in Duke. Plus, landing 3 top ten recruits is different from landing lower rated 5 stars, which is what Cal has recently been getting. When Cal gets multiple top ten players, it ends with a final four run.

One of the most experienced teams this year at Kentucky just lost to freshmen led team in Duke. Plus, landing 3 top ten recruits is different from landing lower rated 5 stars, which is what Cal has recently been getting. When Cal gets multiple top ten players, it ends with a final four run.
Just cause they play for Kentucky doesnt mean they are good.

It's about the NCAA tournament with those schools anyway.

Hell Kentucky beat UNC in 2017 with freshmen in the regular season.

Who won the championship?

There have only been 2 teams win a championship with top 10 players..

2012 Kentucky and 2015 Duke.

That 2 in 9 years.

Having lower 5 stars who stay in school is more beneficial.

If they stay. Then it will benefit them

2 in mannny mannny years before that as well. Cant just start at 2012 bc its the first time it happened sans melo.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
He landed one for next year. And he will be enrolling next semester to practice with the team. #1 overall 2022

We got a lot of season ahead. We shot 37% from the field and it was still close. Washington had a bust of a game. Played like a freshman at this stage, not like he did in the exhibitions. This team is going to be good. Savir played way too many minutes, 38. Guy was tired. Look what Oscar did playing against 2 of the best bigs we'll face.

UK is going to be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT