ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans: Vanderbilt

Giles was just ruled out for the rest of the season at Sacremento btw.

He wasn't even close to ready at Duke.

They must have thought he was ready.

One of the most unique injury storylines I've ever seen.

They must have thought he was ready.

One of the most unique injury storylines I've ever seen.

It reminds me of Derrick jasper at Uk under Gillispie to a degree. Gillispie had him playing sooner than he should have after micro fracture surgery and it basically ruined his career.

There's a chance however that jasper never would have been the same regardless.

It's unlikely Giles will ever be 100% again IMO.

Some of these kids...college ball is just a waste. I think and have said as much in regards to Vanderbilt. But his stock was apparently finally starting to fall. I honestly think that's why he finally suited up. He's been paying attention and if it had held steady he would have continued to sat. But he was starting to slip out of the first round in some mocks and figured well I guess I gotta play.

If you've got injury issues and don't have to risk it however i just wouldn't. At Kentucky his teammates who are all like minded would understand I think.

We've got a bunch of guys this year that have something to prove though. Each one of them.

Idk. There so much wrong with even the concept of college athletics when you think about it. There are a lot of kids that could get hurt mid season with certain types of injuries and not play again and still get drafted high. Why should any of them take the chance?

And that turned into a rant rather quickly. Apologies.

jasper did go on to be an assistant for billy g at texas tech and didnt get hurt again at uk from what i remember. did he get hurt at unlv?

jasper did go on to be an assistant for billy g at texas tech and didnt get hurt again at uk from what i remember. did he get hurt at unlv?

I didn't know that. That surprises me because supposedly jasper told the UNLV staff all kinds of negative things about Billy g and there was even an article from a Vegas writer with jasper saying he was rushed back before he was ready.

I didn't know that. That surprises me because supposedly jasper told the UNLV staff all kinds of negative things about Billy g and there was even an article from a Vegas writer with jasper saying he was rushed back before he was ready.
Sorry I ruined your career here's an assistant job no one else will give you

Signed
Billy clyde

It reminds me of Derrick jasper at Uk under Gillispie to a degree. Gillispie had him playing sooner than he should have after micro fracture surgery and it basically ruined his career.

There's a chance however that jasper never would have been the same regardless.

It's unlikely Giles will ever be 100% again IMO.

Some of these kids...college ball is just a waste. I think and have said as much in regards to Vanderbilt. But his stock was apparently finally starting to fall. I honestly think that's why he finally suited up. He's been paying attention and if it had held steady he would have continued to sat. But he was starting to slip out of the first round in some mocks and figured well I guess I gotta play.

If you've got injury issues and don't have to risk it however i just wouldn't. At Kentucky his teammates who are all like minded would understand I think.

We've got a bunch of guys this year that have something to prove though. Each one of them.

Idk. There so much wrong with even the concept of college athletics when you think about it. There are a lot of kids that could get hurt mid season with certain types of injuries and not play again and still get drafted high. Why should any of them take the chance?

And that turned into a rant rather quickly. Apologies.

Totally agree Montana.

I just want UK fans to admit they were hypocrites re: Giles/K or they were wrong (now that they've experienced a similar situation).

I'm not asking for much am I? Lol

Totally agree Montana.

I just want UK fans to admit they were hypocrites re: Giles/K or they were wrong (now that they've experienced a similar situation).

I'm not asking for much am I? Lol

speaking of being a hypocrite
you once told me that if you were Memphis/Rose/Cal you would have not stopped to clear any doubt that you did nothing wrong
yet with Lance Thomas/Duke/K you took a completely different stance

IYHO, knowing what we know now should Giles have been playing

Everyone is proceeding with caution -- for Giles' future.

I contacted more than 20 NBA executives -- general managers, directors of player personnel and scouts -- to get their thoughts on what might be best for Giles, with regard to his future. There was no consensus, but all agreed on one aspect: If he comes back and stays healthy or doesn't play a single college game yet checks out medically with team doctors, Giles will be selected somewhere in the lottery (first 14 picks).

Giles wants to play. Duke wants him to play. The question might wind up being whether his family allows him to risk his future by stepping on the court this year.

I've always been on record stating that whatever the kid and his family decided, I was ok with. Wouldn't change it and if anyone was forcing him to do what he didn't want to do then I would have a big issue with those in charge.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/harry-giles-play-duke-season/story?id=43739805

you once told me that if you were Memphis/Rose/Cal you would have not stopped to clear any doubt that you did nothing wrong

Duke and K did that; Lance hasn't. Eye would like to know where he got the money to pay for the jewelry and still do. I'm sure you want to know how Rose finally passed his SAT's after several attempts--in Detroit--right?

And if you want to take the Giles situation and think by him playing at Duke damaged his NBA career, why is Cal playing Vanderbilt?

And I won't get too much into hypocrites seeing as a lot of UK fans hated Cal while at Memphis. But I'll leave that for another day.

And if you want to take the Giles situation and think by him playing at Duke damaged his NBA career, why is Cal playing Vanderbilt?

hindsite being 20/20 Giles was not healed enough to play
the jury is still out on Vanderbilt
i guess we will see when he gets drafted

hindsite being 20/20 Giles was not healed enough to play
the jury is still out on Vanderbilt
i guess we will see when he gets drafted
Plus one had multiple surgeries and the other hasn't had one.

A year ago some UK fans really got to someone. Other than that person, Vanderbilt and Giles would never be posted in the same sentence together.

ADVERTISEMENT