ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Just thought it was funny. Made me chuckle at least. But, I suppose there is merit in what both of you said. There probably are enough bad posters here already.

You didn't outright dismiss the loss, but you said that you guys "were a run of the flu away from potentially making another run." If you're going to qualify a loss because of an injury/illness, it makes sense to be consistent and qualify your wins, too. That's all I'm saying.

As far as the hype, sure, there was a lot of it. But, they were pre-season #4. Not #1. And A LOT of people expressed concerns about the makeup of the team. I said this in March of 2018.

I mean, Zion not playing played a part in the first two games for sure.

Well you guys got away with systematic cheating for 20 years so I think the scales are just now starting to balance out.

denzel-boom-gif-1.gif

Again, that team was not that bad, but I think they quit playing for Doh, for whatever reason.

Nah. They pretty much sucked from the get-go. Here were their first 6 OOC games of the season:

Hampton - lost by 8
Davidson- lost by 4
Indiana- lost by 13
Kentucky- lost by 20
Binghamton- won by 1 (Binghamton was 9-19 on the year)
Charleston- lost by 6

Again, that team was not that bad, but I think they quit playing for Doh, for whatever reason.

Both teams seriously lack offensive firepower. This year's team at least has Cole. There is no one comparable on the 8-20 team.

I laughed.

I may have laughed but don't even know what he is talking about tbh. Maybe because I said we probably would have lost anyway? I don't know. I thought I made it clear I was making fun of the karma stuff. IDK, don't really expect that guy to understand the things said here anyway.

I may have laughed but don't even know what he is talking about tbh. Maybe because I said we probably would have lost anyway? I don't know. I thought I made it clear I was making fun of the karma stuff. IDK, don't really expect that guy to understand the things said here anyway.
Just a note . . . I was laughing at the term. Nothing more.

Pat Mahomes has a championship that means something. Zion does not:)

True that. We choked. Although I'm not convinced we were the best team anyway. But, we were 14-0 in regulation in ACC games with Zion (Cuse loss was OT). So, I'll take that worthless stat as consolation prize, I guess.

Reactions: jhmossy
True that. We choked. Although I'm not convinced we were the best team anyway. But, we were 14-0 in regulation in ACC games with Zion (Cuse loss was OT). So, I'll take that worthless stat as consolation prize, I guess.

I won't lie. I was very happy that Michigan State beat you. And I was very happy that Texas Tech beat Michigan State. I'm not sure we win the championship if we play Duke or Michigan State.

I won't lie. I was very happy that Michigan State beat you. And I was very happy that Texas Tech beat Michigan State. I'm not sure we win the championship if we play Duke or Michigan State.

A lot of good teams last year. I think if you played the NCAA Tournament 10 times last year, we'd probably see 6 or 7 champions. Duke might have won 2 times out of 10. Which is odds that most people would take. But, we weren't anywhere near the level of 2018 Villanova. UVA was clutch and they absolutely deserved to win it all.

Reactions: jhmossy
A lot of good teams last year. I think if you played the NCAA Tournament 10 times last year, we'd probably see 6 or 7 champions. Duke might have won 2 times out of 10. Which is odds that most people would take. But, we weren't anywhere near the level of 2018 Villanova. UVA was clutch and they absolutely deserved to win it all.

2018 UVA was probably the 2nd best team in the country and didn't make it out of the first round. Sometimes, shit happens in a OAD format.

So is Fran Fraschilla kind of stupid? He made a comment about Roy that made no sense. Something about all coaches having seasons like this and it is time to go to work (I would contest that anyway tbh, I think he's wrong). Regardless, he seems to think Roy should be saying exactly what he has actually been saying? Dude seems incoherent.

What about UVA and the rest? We have lost like 12 games in the last 30 seconds? Why leave some out?

tw3301 said:

coryfly said:

What about UVA and the rest? We have lost like 12 games in the last 30 seconds? Why leave some out?[/quote]

UVA was on there.

Oh, ok. That’s good. I imagine we can add a few more before the end of the year as long as Roy continues to work his magic and put these dudes into position to have a lead with a a chance to prove they aren’t mental basketcases.

But, they would have never won it all with him. No chance.

And fwiw, the baby blue did the recruiting for Doherty. No way he won anyone over with his sparkling personality.
Actually he was one of the more personable coaches that I met as a coach.Cannot speak to him outside the recruiting aspect of his job

I met Doherty before a game in Rupp, I thought he was very nice & personable but that was only for 10 min or so.

I met Doherty before a game in Rupp, I thought he was very nice & personable but that was only for 10 min or so.
Did you tell him to go out there and lose by 20? Did you introduce him to your old lady and show him her Cowboys tattoo? I bet that had him all flustered!

Reactions: Scotty00
Did you tell him to go out there and lose by 20? Did you introduce him to your old lady and show him her Cowboys tattoo? I bet that had him all flustered!
Naw, I just warned him about the screw job the refs were fixing to give him in Rupp.

After watching them lose the way they did to Duke and UVA, I was confident they were going to lose @ND no matter what. It was a given. It was so weird to have that level of confidence against UNC. Everyone else feel it too? It's really remarkable how they have been able to lose games this season. Splendid.

Hard to believe this team was 8-5 at one point with really only one bad loss (others were to UVA, OSU, Gonzaga and Michigan). 2-11 since then with 6 of the 11 losses by 3 points or less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT