ADVERTISEMENT

***Transfer Thread***

Youre wrong... but ok.

And I said oscar was the same player He was day one at west virginia, and he was. he just got way more playing time at kentucky

congrats on the one tournament win he brought you
Wrong about Mitchell .. .He just entered the portal. Wrong about Oscar. Both counts nope. UK appears to be in the lead to land Mitchell.

Wrong about Mitchell .. .He just entered the portal. Wrong about Oscar. Both counts nope. UK appears to be in the lead to land Mitchell.

Theyre saying decent chance he still stays if he likes whoever we hire. Tre is a good player.... nothing great. Main reason i didnt expect him in the portal is because hes close to home and i didnt think there would be that much interest. UK is clearly pretty desperate.... been illegally contacting him before he was in the portal for a week now.

Tre, Im ok with. I'll really be butt hurt when Edwards, Battle and Kriisa go in the portal though.

And i wasnt wrong about oscar.... same player today he was day 1 at wvu. Nothing you say changes my opinion there. He went undrafted for a reason.

Last edited:
Theyre saying decent chance he still stays if he likes whoever we hire. Tre is a good player.... nothing great. Main reason i didnt expect him in the portal is because hes close to home and i didnt think there would be that much interest. UK is clearly pretty desperate.... been illegally contacting him before he was in the portal for a week now.

Tre, Im ok with. I'll really be butt hurt when Edwards, Battle and Kriisa go in the portal though.

And i wasnt wrong about oscar.... same player today he was day 1 at wvu. Nothing you say changes my opinion there. He went undrafted for a reason.
ok I'll give you Oscar :) But I think Tre will be a cat. From what I understand, Mitchell is a grad transfer. I also heard he was setting up a visit to Kentucky. He'll transfer after the visit.

Any rumblings on your center entering the portal?

You're guessing that it was illegal contact. Showing interest can be accomplished many ways. I doubt the interest wouldn't have been told publicly if that was the case. Once Huggins was fired, the door was open. According to the NCAA he is permitted to take multiple visits. But he's going the grad transfer route and entered the portal.

ok I'll give you Oscar :) But I think Tre will be a cat. From what I understand, Mitchell is a grad transfer. I also heard he was setting up a visit to Kentucky. He'll transfer after the visit.

Any rumblings on your center entering the portal?

With Tre they're saying he doesnt really want to leave and is very open to returning depending on who we hire. (The players want Andy Kennedy or promote interim from our staff) If not it's UK or Florida, but UK is on him the hardest. Yeah, hes a grad transfer. Again... good player, but nothing special.

Havent heard anything on anybody else yet. Just waiting to see who we hire I guess. Based on the way the last few weeks have gone for WVU hoops, I'm expecting to lose everybody.

Huggs really fvcked us good.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
You're guessing that it was illegal contact. Showing interest can be accomplished many ways. I doubt the interest wouldn't have been told publicly if that was the case. Once Huggins was fired, the door was open. According to the NCAA he is permitted to take multiple visits. But he's going the grad transfer route and entered the portal.

No guessing on the illegal contact and money offers before he was in the portal. It's well known. But again... the ncaa isnt gonna do anything about it so who cares.

Kinda dirty of Cal to pounce so quickly like that given his relationship with Huggs, but sounds like his seat is pretty hot in Lexington and he's clearly desperate for some players.

No guessing on the illegal contact and money offers before he was in the portal. It's well known. But again... the ncaa isnt gonna do anything about it so who cares.

Kinda dirty of Cal to pounce so quickly like that given his relationship with Huggs, but sounds like his seat is pretty hot in Lexington and he's clearly desperate for some players.

Cal was probably speed dialing Mitchell the second he heard the news. 🤣

I'd guess since Huggins and Cal are so close friends, he'd probably prefer to send his players to a trusted confidant.

With Tre they're saying he doesnt really want to leave and is very open to returning depending on who we hire. (The players want Andy Kennedy or promote interim from our staff) If not it's UK or Florida, but UK is on him the hardest. Yeah, hes a grad transfer. Again... good player, but nothing special.

Havent heard anything on anybody else yet. Just waiting to see who we hire I guess. Based on the way the last few weeks have gone for WVU hoops, I'm expecting to lose everybody.

Huggs really fvcked us good.
Still shocked by Andy Kennedy.

Still shocked by Andy Kennedy.

This keeps changing, but according to insider on our home board...

Now it sounds like it is gonna be Kennedy and will be announced soon. We'll have 2 more guys in the portal.... one guy off last year's team (not sure who, maybe Joe Toussaint) and one more guy we got in the portal (im guessing Jesse Edwards). Everybody who goes in the portal could end up staying with us if Kennedy is the guy and he keeps key assistants.

Eveybody is after Edwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Has WVU considered just keeping Huggins?

Seems obvious.

Huggs screwed up big time twice in a month, but it still Might have happened if it wasnt for our geriatric woke president Gordon Gee

Andy Kennedy's agent playing hard ball but looks like itll be him. He's Huggs guy and our best chance of keeping the roster.

Just ready for this shit to be over.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Huggs screwed up big time twice in a month, but it still Might have happened if it wasnt for our geriatric woke president Gordon Gee

Andy Kennedy's agent playing hard ball but looks like itll be him. He's Huggs guy and our best chance of keeping the roster.

Oh no. He's an asshole. Just keep him and let him dominate. Couldn't imagine starting over.

Kennedy is worse than Huggins in every way.

Dont get me wrong he wouldnt be my first choice, but might be our best option in June. Just a terrible time to hire a coach.

Postives are he has a good chance of keeping our players on board and will have Huggs' and the donors full support with that. He also won a lot more games than anybody else ever has at Ole Miss and has been good at UAB.

Sorry, but this didn't break any ncaa laws

Of course you know he sucks at coaching. he has ties but is that enough?

He had nine 20+ win seasons and a SEC championship at an all time bad program like Ole Miss.... cant be tooooo terrible.

Big step down from a hall of famer though.

A lot of talk that Beilein agreed to the job, but some major donors blocked it in the end. He burnt a lot of bridges on his way out in 07. We would've lost basically the whole roster in that case too.... plus hes about to be 71.

He had nine 20+ win seasons and a SEC championship at an all time bad program like Ole Miss.... cant be tooooo terrible.

Big step down from a hall of famer though.

A lot of talk that Beilein agreed to the job, but some major donors blocked it in the end. He burnt a lot of bridges on his way out in 07. We would've lost basically the whole roster in that case too.... plus hes about to be 71.
He'll probably do better in the Big 12.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
If he does... will he start?

Maybe the 4th or 5th best player on our roster. Figured UK would aim higher.
He'll start. Bradshaw is injured. They will share time and it wouldn't surprise me to see Tre playing some at the 3.

Word is that Tre is meeting with UK's academic advisors on Monday. Cal whiffed on every portal player by waiting too late. Right now we need to add experienced players. We still need another experienced big.

He'll start. Bradshaw is injured. They will share time and it wouldn't surprise me to see Tre playing some at the 3.

Word is that Tre is meeting with UK's academic advisors on Monday. Cal whiffed on every portal player by waiting too late. Right now we need to add experienced players. We still need another experienced big.

I was expecting a 4 when we got him, but he was more of a 3. He's kind of a tweener. Great size for a 3, but not quite the foot speed to guard wing players or attack off the bounce much. Has the height and nice skills on the block, but doesnt really have the strength or athleticism to guard 4's. He's skilled though and can definitely help a team.

Now it looks like we are promoting our assistant Josh Eilert as 1 year interim, which is what all the players said they wanted if they were going to stay (that or Kennedy). WVU is probably UK's biggest competition for him now. We'll see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT