ADVERTISEMENT

Trae Young appreciation thread

Young is a ball dominant PG and he's more than willing to dish it......... but some players like Knox dont want to just be fed assists.... they want to create the plays themselves to show case for the NBA

Happy Trae Young Day everyone!

Can't wait to see him dismantle the Cowboys tonight!

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Oklahoma outscored Ok State by 30 points when Trae Young was on the floor last night.

Nobody else on Oklahoma was more than +16. Young's teammate, Brady Manek - who scored 28 points, was a -2.

That pretty much sums up his impact. Hes elite.

Reactions: UKcats1988
I know some may scoff at the assist numbers because he has the ball so much, but he is by far the best passer I’ve seen this year. Can’t remember the last guard in the college game that could dish the rock like Young.

I know some may scoff at the assist numbers because he has the ball so much, but he is by far the best passer I’ve seen this year. Can’t remember the last guard in the college game that could dish the rock like Young.
Kendall Marshall. Difference is Young's quickness and scoring ability obviously.

Lonzo Ball was an elite passer as well.

1 rebound away from a triple double tonight

Love me some Trae Young, but that triple double would've been pretty weak. When he was at 8 rebounds they came out of a timeout with Ok State on the line, guy missed the free throw and the bigs on OU boxed out and let Trae walk in from secondary position and grab the rebound after it already hit the ground, bigs didn't even attempt to grab it.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Love me some Trae Young, but that triple double would've been pretty weak. When he was at 8 rebounds they came out of a timeout with Ok State on the line, guy missed the free throw and the bigs on OU boxed out and let Trae walk in from secondary position and grab the rebound after it already hit the ground, bigs didn't even attempt to grab it.
Only 18 years old and he’s already getting the Russell Westbrook treatment by his teammates.

What a baller!

Going to OU games now is like going to the circus. Kid is crazy good and every game he does something that you just go ...whut?

Im not sure Jevon Carter vs Trae Young will be quite the one on one youd hope for due to sheer number of high ball screens Oklahoma runs.

It wont just be Young trying to take Carter off the dribble, it will be how does Huggy bear approach defending the best PnR guard in college basketball history when Oklahoma gives him a high ball screen every possession? Seems like Carter wont be given the opportunity to just lock him down.

29 points, but....

8-22 from the field, 3-12 from 3, 8 turnovers and countless terrible shots.

Looked like a kid that only cares about getting his numbers tonight.

29 points, but....

8-22 from the field, 3-12 from 3, 8 turnovers and countless terrible shots.

Looked like a kid that only cares about getting his numbers tonight.
A lot of those shots were essentially turnovers. Cost his team the game.

Not saying they would have won had he played more of a team game, but they would have had a much better chance.

It’s one thing in hoop when a guy gets in a flow and everybody else sorta backs off and let’s him do his thing. It’s another thing to be shooting 35% and run up the court and chuck 30 footers when nobody else on the team is even set up to board.

A lot of those shots were essentially turnovers. Cost his team the game.

Not saying they would have won had he played more of a team game, but they would have had a much better chance.

It’s one thing in hoop when a guy gets in a flow and everybody else sorta backs off and let’s him do his thing. It’s another thing to be shooting 35% and run up the court and chuck 30 footers when nobody else on the team is even set up to board.
Me Trae Young, you fans of OU. Don’t care about you Sooner people, only about me and my career.

15 seconds down 1

Trae drives in the lane and draws the entire TCU team onoy to pass it out to a wide open teammate for his 7th assist.

38 points on 25 shots
10 rebounds
7 assists
1 steal 1 block

Trae GOAT

15 seconds down 1

Trae drives in the lane and draws the entire TCU team onoy to pass it out to a wide open teammate for his 7th assist.

38 points on 25 shots
10 rebounds
7 assists
1 steal 1 block

Trae GOAT
9 turnovers

Reactions: tw3301
Trae finished with 43 points on 27 shots(so absurd)

11 boards 7 assists.

If the rest of OU's team could catch the ball or convert no- look passes, Young would cut his turnovers in half and average 15 assists a game. OU wastes way too many of Young's incredible passes.

Trae Young breaks the Big 12 record...for turnovers by a single player in Big XII history last night. Ouch!

I'm not ready to give up NPOY honors to Young yet over Marvin Bagley. Bagley would go 30/15 easily at Oklahoma if he was the focal point of the offense like Young is.

Trae Young breaks the Big 12 record...for turnovers by a single player in Big XII history last night. Ouch!

I'm not ready to give up NPOY honors to Young yet over Marvin Bagley. Bagley would go 30/15 easily at Oklahoma if he was the focal point of the offense like Young is.

While Bagleys 22 pts 12 boards/game is great, it is hard to argue with 30 points and 10 assists per game.

That said, Young takes 20 shots a game; Bagley only takes 14. If Bagley took 20 shots a game and shot about his regular percentage (60 percent) he'd be at... what, around 28 points a game? So maybe it isn't as much a gimme as it seems?

My guess is the difference lies more in some of the other stats...

Steals and blocks largely cancel each other out.

Young gets 4 rebounds and 5 turnovers a game...

Bagley only dishes 2 assists a game, but has only 2 turnovers a game.

Bagley is shooting 61 percent, whereas Young is shooting 45 percent.

Bagley only averages about 4 pts on 7 attempts a game from the free throw line... Young takes 10 attempts a game and gets 8 points...

I wonder how many more losses like this it will take for his teammates to get sick of Young's AAU hero ball style. Between his dozen turnovers and at least a dozen more terrible shot decisions, he probably trashed almost half of OU's possessions. At what point do they pull him aside and say "look, dude, I get that you CAN make some of those shots but come on".

Reactions: wildbrew
I love how some people haven't posted in this thread all year, but then show up to post the second he finally has a bad game. Pathetic.

I wonder how many more losses like this it will take for his teammates to get sick of Young's AAU hero ball style. Between his dozen turnovers and at least a dozen more terrible shot decisions, he probably trashed almost half of OU's possessions. At what point do they pull him aside and say "look, dude, I get that you CAN make some of those shots but come on".

Can you imagine how hilarious this hypothetical convo would go if one of his teammates
"I know youre leading the nation in both assists and assist rate, but can you pass even more since our offense is only 14th in the country this year when it was 118th last season in our 11-20 campaign without you?"

Now, that would be one insanely hilarious convo were any of his teammates silly enough to make it.

My guy with another amazing game tonight. 44 points, 9 assists.

It's amazing what he does considering the collection of bums he plays with. I refer to OU as Trae Young and the Bum Brigade. McGusty, DooNothing, Odomes...all bums who think they are better players than they are. At least Latin knows he sucks and only tries to dunk balls.

Looking forward to seeing Trae vs Mo this weekend and then the rematch with Jevon Carter Monday.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT