ADVERTISEMENT

Tourist Attractions

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
I've been reading about the Crazy Horse Memorial that's under construction since '48 and expected to be completed by...who knows.

What great attractions have you guys been to that made you say "wow"? Even better what man made attractions?

sd-crazy-horse-model-monument__chmkorczak_700.jpg

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I've been reading about the Crazy Horse Memorial that's under construction since '48 and expected to be completed by...who knows.

What great attractions have you guys been to that made you say "wow"? Even better what man made attractions?

sd-crazy-horse-model-monument__chmkorczak_700.jpg
I was just out there a few weeks ago! Went and saw MT. Rushmore, the Badlands, and Devils tower in Wyoming. Was an awesome experience and the land is incredible out there.

I’ve seen a few. Great Wall was a bit underwhelming. Whereas the Taj Mahal was something to behold.
taj-mahal-AB.jpeg

La Sagrda Familia was pretty intense. Much more impressive than Notre Dame
sfpassio.jpg

The view of Central Park from anywhere high up (like the Empire State Building) is for some reason always one of my favorite things. The juxtaposition of the grass and trees vs. the concrete is so cool. Super touristy, but love seeing it every time.

I gotta say I was underwhelmed when I visited Mt. Rushmore. It was a lot smaller in person than I expected.

On the other hand, the Grand Canyon was even bigger than I expected. Tried hiking around the rim and walked for 4 hours and the view never changed. Finally said screw it and got in the car and drove to Vegas.

My overall favorite would be the castles in (western-ish) Germany.
The Eiffel Tower was pretty legit as well.

Others, closer, that I enjoyed:
San Antonio's River Walk
The Ozarks
9/11 Memorial
Broadway
MOMA
Mammoth Cave
Vietnam Memorial
Ellis Island
Cozumel
US Virgin Islands
Grand Cayman
Tijuana
Bourbon Street
Fremont Street

Ones that I'd not do again:
The Gateway Arch
Disney World (sans Epcot)
San Diego Zoo
Sea World(s)
Most of DC
Statue of Liberty
The Vegas Strip
Jamaica
Florida anything

My overall favorite would be the castles in (western-ish) Germany.
The Eiffel Tower was pretty legit as well.

Others, closer, that I enjoyed:
San Antonio's River Walk
The Ozarks
9/11 Memorial
Broadway
MOMA
Mammoth Cave
Vietnam Memorial
Ellis Island
Cozumel
US Virgin Islands
Grand Cayman
Tijuana
Bourbon Street
Fremont Street

Ones that I'd not do again:
The Gateway Arch
Disney World (sans Epcot)
San Diego Zoo
Sea World(s)
Most of DC
Statue of Liberty
The Vegas Strip
Jamaica
Florida anything
You should come to Sweden. The tourist attractions are top of line. Plus we have hauntedforest. It not haunted, but staying the night the moonlight messes withpeople

The Alamo has to be one of the most underwhelming and overrated tourist attractions in the world.

Also, the cheesesteaks at both Pat's and Geno's in Philly are god awful.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The Alamo has to be one of the most underwhelming and overrated tourist attractions in the world.

Holy crap I thought I was the only one who thought Geno's in Philly was shit. Went there and was totally not impressed. have had a better one at Pepperjax Grill......which is not saying much. I do agree about the Alamo as well as the river walk. Walked by the Alamo and was like....Mhhh. Also the river walk is nothing more than a stinky cesspool of a canal near stores.

Reactions: jhmossy

Holy crap I thought I was the only one who thought Geno's in Philly was shit. Went there and was totally not impressed. have had a better one at Pepperjax Grill......which is not saying much. I do agree about the Alamo as well as the river walk. Walked by the Alamo and was like....Mhhh. Also the river walk is nothing more than a stinky cesspool of a canal near stores.

Add me and my wife to the list of not impressed by Geno's and Pat's. Everyone said you HAVE to go there. Was very disappointed, but to be honest, I never really expected it to be that great. How much better can a cheesesteak be from one place to the next?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT