ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest Schedule

rockycard

Jan 8, 2007
Louisville has to be close to the toughest, they play the ACC schedule after....

at Seton Hall
at Indiana
vs Michigan State
vs Kentucky
Neutral vs Tennessee
Neutral vs Kansas/Marquette

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Gators have a tough one:

@ Florida State
vs. Oklahoma (B4A)
vs. Stanford/Wisconsin (B4A)
vs. Butler/Dayton/Middle Tenn/Virginia (B4A)
vs. West Virginia
vs. Michigan State
vs. Butler
@ TCU

UNC has a tough OOC schedule, at least I think it is.

@ Wofford
@ Elon
Stanford
@ Michigan
N- UCLA
N -Texas or Michigan St.
N- UK
Gonzaga
Davidson

Gators have a tough one:

@ Florida State
vs. Oklahoma (B4A)
vs. Stanford/Wisconsin (B4A)
vs. Butler/Dayton/Middle Tenn/Virginia (B4A)
vs. West Virginia
vs. Michigan State
vs. Butler
@ TCU
That’s tough too.

I think this is accurate for UK, watching the game so I'm not gonna double check

Duke (Neutral)
Monmouth
UNC Greensboro
Seton Hall (Neutral)
Utah
@UL
UNC (Neutral)
KU

What Rock said + our hardest Conference games are:
Duke
UVA (twice)
UNC (twice)
Clemson
@ Syracuse
Miami
@ Virginia Tech
@ Florida State

Take that + our OCC with @ Seton Hall, @ IU, N vs UT, N vs Kansas/Marquette, Michigan State, and Kentucky.

Gauntlet!

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
UK has Duke, Kansas, UNC, Seton Hall, Utah, and UNC-Greensboro (won conference reg season and tourney last year, lost by 4 to Gonzaga in the dance). Unfortunately, they also play Louisville, so that waters it down a bit. Everybody has to have a cupcake or two though, right?!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UK has Duke, Kansas, UNC, Seton Hall, Utah, and UNC-Greensboro (won conference reg season and tourney last year, lost by 4 to Gonzaga in the dance). Unfortunately, they also play Louisville, so that waters it down a bit. Everybody has to have a cupcake or two though, right?!

1/10 you'll reel in more Uk fans with that than us Laughing

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Plus we play in the daunted SEC

Louisville has to be close to the toughest, they play the ACC schedule after....

at Seton Hall
at Indiana
vs Michigan State
vs Kentucky
Neutral vs Tennessee

Not trolling, just curious how many wins you see outta that schedule? I'll admit it's pretty tough. Put down you're coke bottle red shade glasses, and give us an unbiased prediction.

Not trolling, just curious how many wins you see outta that schedule? I'll admit it's pretty tough. Put down you're coke bottle red shade glasses, and give us an unbiased prediction.
It’s hard to tell what this team can do, without a full time coach last year, they would fold under adversity and start playing me ball. Hopefully Mack gets that out of the equation quickly. This team does have talent, just lacks depth. To answer your question, I would be happy if we’re close to .500 against these teams.

It’s hard to tell what this team can do, without a full time coach last year, they would fold under adversity and start playing me ball. Hopefully Mack gets that out of the equation quickly. This team does have talent, just lacks depth. To answer your question, I would be happy if we’re close to .500 against these teams.

I think that's a very optimistic stretch. But to be honest, I don't know who's on your team other than Williams and the other kid that shoots is good. Is the McDonalds American kid still with you?

I think that's a very optimistic stretch. But to be honest, I don't know who's on your team other than Williams and the other kid that shoots is good. Is the McDonalds American kid still with you?
Jordan Nwora may be our best player this year, we have a solid starting 5.

Nwora
Enoch
Williams
Perry
King

Bench
McMahon
Sutton

And we have two grad transfers that I know nothing about.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk

Nwora
Enoch
Williams
Perry
King

Bench
McMahon
Sutton

Yeah the Nwora kid, I think is a good shooter.

Reactions: rockycard
The schedules posted look very competitive. Looks like teams are starting to get the message. Overall losses don't really matter as long as you still have quite a few quality wins; UNC was a 2 seed last year with 10 losses, but they also had something like 13-14 Q1 wins.

Duke's schedule looks decent, not sure if it's a top 10 OOC Schedule, though.

Kentucky (Indianapolis, Champions Classic)
San Diego State (Maui)
Auburn/Xavier (Maui)
Gonzaga/Arizona/Iowa State/Illinois (Maui)
Indiana
Texas Tech (Madison Square Garden)
St.John's

Auburn and Gonzaga have the makeup to be top 10 teams, so hopefully we play both of them in Maui.

Iowa and Maryland typically have the toughest schedule to watch.

Our squad actually is going to be pretty decent this year. I've heard Williams has packed on 15 or 20 pounds, much more of a post game. I've also heard that VJ King and Jordan Nwora are playing their best basketball to date. I expect VJ to be el captain. Some solid grad transfers in mixed with a big body in Enoch-6'11 250 lbs. We should be a top 25 team.

Our squad actually is going to be pretty decent this year. I've heard Williams has packed on 15 or 20 pounds, much more of a post game. I've also heard that VJ King and Jordan Nwora are playing their best basketball to date. I expect VJ to be el captain. Some solid grad transfers in mixed with a big body in Enoch-6'11 250 lbs. We should be a top 25 team.
I wouldn't be surprised. Also, back to the topic for UL fans. Aren't you glad Mack is actually scheduling a tough OOC schedule. Be honest, UL has had some pretty weak OOC schedules under Pitino. It's gotta be exciting right?

I wouldn't be surprised. Also, back to the topic for UL fans. Aren't you glad Mack is actually scheduling a tough OOC schedule. Be honest, UL has had some pretty weak OOC schedules under Pitino. It's gotta be exciting right?
It's exciting, yet a bit worrying due to our insanely tough ACC schedule, but I'm happy we have Mack, he seems to have our best interest. It will be fun getting to watch some top match-ups early on, instead of Coppin State, or whoever tf we usually play haha.

It feels like a brand new team with only our 3rd coach in 40+yrs. Love the tough schedule but would have preferred a cupcake or two to start the season. I am just hoping we can do enough to get to the dance this year.

Nwora should be ready to start FWIW. King has gained around 20 lbs of muscle as well. Perry has progressed as the floor general

This was mostly Pitino’s schedule. The NIT tourney, Uk, IU, SH, all of those were already set.

Kentucky plays Duke, Kansas, and UNC this season. Can’t remember the last time that happened.
It’s gonna suck going 0-3 in those games.
sarcastic-smile-gif-4.gif

at Seton Hall
at Indiana
vs Michigan State
vs Kentucky
Neutral vs Tennessee
What about those ten games against the sisters of the poor?

Nwora
Enoch
Williams
Perry
King

Bench
McMahon
Sutton

You forgot Katina Powell cumming off I mean on the bench.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT