Creighton
Arizona

West
Duke
Kansas
Ohio State
Wichita State
Tennessee

In some cases, such as MSU, I bumped a team up based on how I think that they will finish the season. In other cases, such as Oklahoma, I could have gone higher, but I am predicting some losses with a tough Big Twelve schedule. Teams that I was surprised that I couldn’t fit in include Kentucky and Gonzaga.

Who did I miss? Who won’t be there?

Not sure of the rule on this so I will ask: Century Link Center in Omaha is a super regional host this year and obviously Creighton is hosting it. They can't be in the Midwest because of this, right?
Good point.

Put Kansas as a 2 in the MidWest.
I think that Kansas has a great shot at a #1, assuming they win the Big 12 like they always do. The main reason why I gave UNC the #2 seed opposite Purdue is that I couldn’t put them opposite fellow ACC teams, Duke or Virginia, and I expect them finish too strong on the S Curve to be opposite #1 overall seed, Villanova.

Reactions: KansasKid84
Purdue has not played a crap schedule. The big ten is down but they have a lot of quality wins more than anybody else by volume
Arizona and... Louisville at home i guess? who else?

edit: and I won't bring up the fact that Arizona was playing like absolute trash when Purdue beat them because that will start another holy war on here.

edit: and I won't bring up the fact that Arizona was playing like absolute trash when Purdue beat them because that will start another holy war on here.

Nice job not bringing it up.

I think Nova is a lock for a 1-seed. I think the ACC will get one and is probably between Duke/UVA at this point. That game might go a long way in deciding between the two. Big 12 winner will probably get one and Purdue will get one.

Reactions: tw3301

Don't have the hardest schedule out there (141 according to KenPom) but have a lot of quality wins. Definitely don't have a lot of room for error though w/ the B1G as weak as it is.

According to the link below: No team can match Purdue's seven Tier 1 wins.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ove-up-join-villanova-virginia-as-no-1-seeds/

and

Reactions: jadeezra
I don't see UNC getting a 2 seed or MSU getting lower than a 2 seed despite recent issues.
Right now, according to ESPN, UNC is fifth in Strength of Record and first in quality wins, so I think that their resume, at the moment, looks better than MSU’s. MSU has a huge upside and great talent, but they have a lot of ground to make up from a resume perspective, In my opinion.

For fun, here’s my mid-January predictions for the top 5 seeds in each region:

East
Nova
Cincinnati
Texas Tech
Clemson
Texas Christian

South
Virginia
Xavier
MSU
Oklahoma
Auburn

Midwest
Purdue
UNC
WVU
Creighton
Arizona

West
Duke
Kansas
Ohio State
Wichita State
Tennessee

In some cases, such as MSU, I bumped a team up based on how I think that they will finish the season. In other cases, such as Oklahoma, I could have gone higher, but I am predicting some losses with a tough Big Twelve schedule. Teams that I was surprised that I couldn’t fit in include Kentucky and Gonzaga.

Who did I miss? Who won’t be there?

That MSU you have in the south with UVA is Mississippi State right?Can’t be that other MSU.

Good point.

I think that Kansas has a great shot at a #1, assuming they win the Big 12 like they always do. The main reason why I gave UNC the #2 seed opposite Purdue is that I couldn’t put them opposite fellow ACC teams, Duke or Virginia, and I expect them finish too strong on the S Curve to be opposite #1 overall seed, Villanova.
We def will if we finish conference play like we always do.......but we haven't come full circle yet and still are pretty susceptible to some cold shooting nights until we figure out if SD will fit in the big rotation.

Switch Arizona and Ohio State and I like it.
It was hard to know what to do with Arizona. I think that they have elite talent, but they haven’t played close to their potential, yet, IMO.

Ohio Stste might be seeded too high, but their resume is starting to look pretty strong and I expect them to finish the season strong. They were adjusting to a new coach when they were struggling early.

Reactions: Toast. and jhmossy

@ Marquette
@ Michigan

You can say Arizona was in a funk so was Purdue at the same time. Last I checked Arizona dropped another game to an unranked

Several others , I don’t even want to hear it, most teams are getting into top ten and losing to unranked teams. Like toast said there’s a smaller margin for error but that’s it

@ Marquette
@ Michigan

You can say Arizona was in a funk so was Purdue at the same time. Last I checked Arizona dropped another game to an unranked

Several others , I don’t even want to hear it, most teams are getting into top ten and losing to unranked teams. Like toast said there’s a smaller margin for error but that’s it

Purdue beat Arizona by 26. Arizona proceeded to win their next 9 games and have won 12 pf 13 since.

Purdue beating Arizona by 26 on a neutral court is, without a doubt, one of the 5 best non con wins in the entire nation.

Arizona did not play well in the Bahamas. They also played without Rawle Alkins.

Duke will end up with overall #1 and won't go West. Nova the 2nd one. MSU has me scratching my head but something tells me they close the deal on a one seed. I want to say UVA gets one, but they always fall flat, even if they do get the one seed, so I'll go Purdue.

Duke will end up with overall #1 and won't go West. Nova the 2nd one. MSU has me scratching my head but something tells me they close the deal on a one seed. I want to say UVA gets one, but they always fall flat, even if they do get the one seed, so I'll go Purdue.
I don’t think that the Big 10 gets two. If MSU makes it to a #1, I think that Purdue slips to a two. Kansas appears poised to take the other #1 if anyone falters.

ADVERTISEMENT