ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 Non Conference Games Next Season

How about this DePaul, would you rather talk about who the next blue bloods will be? Just remember no one will ever do what UCLA did again, if that’s what you choose. How about we laugh at Illinois for claiming the BIG10 Regular Season Championship, and saying they’re a top 10 program in all of college basketball. I’d agree, if it was inside top 10 of the BIG10. Or maybe we laugh at Illinois some more by thinking that even with Kofi back they’ll finish better than 5th in in the BIG10? Just for kicks, what conversation would you like to talk about? Please make a thread, and I’ll participate if it’s relevant to next season as of now.

Until thou epic hype is realized as wins next year, I’ll just keep enjoying the three straight wins we’ve had against you. Last one - without Ayo and very similar to a next-year Illini squad with Kofi - was definitely the best. ;)

Until thou epic hype is realized as wins next year, I’ll just keep enjoying the three straight wins we’ve had against you. Last one - without Ayo and very similar to a next-year Illini squad with Kofi - was definitely the best. ;)

Illinois hasn’t made it to the Sweet 16 since 2005.

Michigan has played in 4 straight Sweet 16s, including a 2017/18 trip to the national title game and a 2020/21 trip to the Elite 8.

Might wanna sit this one out before you realize how low your program has set the bar for themselves.

Do you think Walker would change the outcome of the Florida game this year? I don’t see that, plus he’d probably be hurt anyway!

Are you talking about MJ Walker? If so, of course I’d like him on the team but that was never a realistic option.

So I’m not sure it really changes anything in my mind. Always knew next season would be played without him.

Illinois hasn’t made it to the Sweet 16 since 2005.

Michigan has played in 4 straight Sweet 16s, including a 2017/18 trip to the national title game and a 2020/21 trip to the Elite 8.

Might wanna sit this one out before you realize how low your program has set the bar for themselves.

I bow down!

I get your sole function here is to talk shit on behalf of Michigan, but chill. OP talked shit out of nowhere about a team that has beaten you guys 3 straight times and most recently embarrassed you without our best player. I can’t say anything because we got upset a game short of a Sweet Sixteen?? Lol.

Everyone knows we were in a bad spot before Underwood was able to rebuild, and everyone knows we got upset in the Tournament this year. So, you’re not like bestowing knowledge on anyone or putting us in our place, lol. Illinois has the most wins in the Big Ten the last two years, and I like the staff we have in place. I have very little doubt Underwood will have Illinois in a Sweet Sixteen soon.

Last edited:
I bow down!

I get your sole function here is to talk shit on behalf of Michigan, but chill. OP talked shit out of nowhere about a team that has beaten you guys 3 straight times and most recently embarrassed you without our best player. I can’t say anything because we got upset a game short of a Sweet Sixteen?? Lol.

Everyone knows we were in a bad spot before Underwood was able to rebuild, and everyone knows we got upset in the Tournament this year. So, you’re not like bestowing knowledge on anyone or putting us in our place, lol. Illinois has the most wins in the Big Ten the last two years, and I like the staff we have in place. I have very little doubt Underwood will have Illinois in a Sweet Sixteen soon.

You have three posts in the entire month of May and two of them are talking shit about Michigan, then cry about shit talking? Snowflake.

Michigan has been to 4 straight sweet 16s. I think we are 1st or 2nd in NCAA Tournaments since 2012/13. You’re picking a weird program to shit on 😂

no no, this is a great topic. Let's talk more about what we think are the top 3 nonconference games next year even though most of those games haven't been announced yet. here are my picks...

1. UCLA at Gonzaga. two of the top teams in the land playing in the small barn in Gonzaga for the title of west coast supremacy

2. Duke at Ohio State. Top team in the Big10 vs top ACC school and someone screws up and accidentally makes this a road game for Duke.

3. Gonzaga at Baylor: Rematch!

Have to see if Liddell and Washington return for Osu ( and does Osu and Duke play next year? ) Osu will likely also play UK again next year in Vegas.

You might try the football board. Buckeyes are over there, they might actually care about Michigan.

I really thought we’d see you guys in the final four in 2018. Sadly, Loyola came out of your region. But hey, at least you won an elite 8 game back in 2014. #goals

The only team in Mich I would come close to calling a Rival and that's MSU. One of our games there were 75,000 fans courtside with Bob Seger being the halftime entertainment. I attended that one. But Michigan smack talking lmao.

You might try the football board. Buckeyes are over there, they might actually care about Michigan.

Most don’t. They’ve finished ahead of Osu once in the last 15 years in the B10 standings and that year Osu had an interim coach and half the roster suspended. I would say BBall is different but they’ve only finished ahead of Osu 3 times in the last 15 years and one was last year with a wacky Covid schedule.

Sparty, Wisconsin,Purdue and for some reason Indiana are bigger games to most Osu BBall fans.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
Most don’t. They’ve finished ahead of Osu once in the last 15 years in the B10 standings and that year Osu had an interim coach and half the roster suspended. I would say BBall is different but they’ve only finished ahead of Osu 3 times in the last 15 years and one was last year with a wacky Covid schedule.

Sparty, Wisconsin,Purdue and for some reason Indiana are bigger games to most Osu BBall fans.

Ohio State hasn’t made a sweet 16 since 2013 (the year we played in the national
Title game). Michigan has made 4 straight.

EBE295-CC-F6-EC-474-B-ADD5-E967-F4-C182-B6.jpg

D382-A38-D-857-E-469-D-A4-EB-D138-CA7-D12-C2.jpg

Understandable. Puzzling why Michigan thinks they can get a rise out of Kentucky when theyre an afterthought to OSU even. It's cute seeing them try though.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
Understandable. Puzzling why Michigan thinks they can get a rise out of Kentucky when theyre an afterthought to OSU even. It's cute seeing them try though.

Michigan has as many tournament wins this season as Ohio State does since 2014.

Kentucky has been better than Michigan the past 10 years.

Michigan has been better than Kentucky the past 5 years.

They’ve both been better than Ohio State over both spans.

@CB3UK we should be able to agree on that.

Cute and comical. I think Beilein was a great coach and for him to finish behind Osu that many times and have that kind of record vs them is crazy, especially because Osu had the end of the Matta era and transition to Holtmann why they were peaking and we still owned them🤷‍♂️

Reactions: CB3UK
Not really. You seem to need attention. So go talk to the one fan base that actually cares about Michigan. We sure dont at Kentucky.

*brings up ohio*
*comments on Michigan vs ohio*

me: posts NCAA Tournament records.

You: “I don’t care about ohio”

Weird turn of events

Cute and comical. I think Beilein was a great coach and for him to finish behind Osu that many times and have that kind of record vs them is crazy, especially because Osu had the end of the Matta era and transition to Holtmann why they were peaking and we still owned them🤷‍♂️

Juwan Howard has as many NCAA tournament wins in 2020/21 for Michigan as your entire program does since 2014.

🤷‍♂️

*brings up ohio*
*comments on Michigan vs ohio*

me: posts NCAA Tournament records.

You: “I don’t care about ohio”

Weird turn of events
Correct. I don't care about them. You guys do. You seem to need attention, so try the fan base that actually cares about playing Michigan. We dont.

Speaking of exciting OOC games. GU will be bringing back the Battle in Seattle game this year per Jeff Goodman. Team hasnt been announced but it is supposedly a contender from the Power 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT