ADVERTISEMENT

Top 150 Transfers & Top 25 Transfer Recruiting Classes

Did you just try to sneak them alongside Gonzaga? Lol

What’s your favorite preseason ranking site? Lindy’s? Athlon?

So far I say’d Illinois (with Kofi) would be second to Gonzaga. Followed by Alabama(if Josh Primo returns) and Michigan to round out the top 4.
No specific site stands out to me, I just use them as a gauge and then go based off personal eye test

So far I say’d Illinois (with Kofi) would be second to Gonzaga. Followed by Alabama(if Josh Primo returns) and Michigan to round out the top 4.
No specific site stands out to me, I just use them as a gauge and then go based off personal eye test

Come on, pick a couple then and we will average them. Illinois won’t average 2nd and not even average higher than Michigan. You think it’s just Michigan homers that think Michigan will be better. So have some fun with it.

Illinois hasn’t been able to even make the Sweet 16 since 2005 and you’re downplaying Michigan making AND winning our sweet 16 game. You’re no better than the weird UofM dude in this thread. I think you have potential, so clean your shit up.

Didn’t have a tournament the year prior and upsets happen. Fairly confident where Illinois is going and what we will bring in. Michigan and Illinois will be near the top along with Ohio St and Purdue, if Izzo can get back to the usual the Big Ten will continue to be the cream of the crop

@Archetype19 where have you read that Caleb Houstan isn’t a great shooter?

“The five-star prospect will provide the Wolverines with a combo forward that boasts incredible range and a reliable three-point stroke. Houstan has increible length and can absorb contact when scoring at the basket. His ball-handling is a bit underrated, as the five-star wing is an versatile, well-rounded prospect that can impact a game in numerous ways while creating matchup issues both outside and in.”

Bottom Line: Houstan is an elite shooter with great size and awareness on both ends of the floor. His three-level scoring ability and calculated approach will make him an instant impact player at Michigan and keep him moving in an upward trajectory beyond.”

Come on, pick a couple then and we will average them. Illinois won’t average 2nd and not even average higher than Michigan. You think it’s just Michigan homers that think Michigan will be better. So have some fun with it.

Michigan lines up well on most of sites. I think Wagner and Livers are going to be tougher to replace than what the advanced stats show. Their ability to space the floor from the 3 and 4 gave Dickinson a lot of room to operate. Houston is not a good shooter, he’s a streaky shooter and floats way too often given his size. Diabete is really good but he’s also a rim running 4 that can play small ball 5. It’s going to be a much different team than this prior year and one of your young guards (Jackson, Collins, Bufkin) will need to step up because your guard play was suspect against the best teams.

Like I said before this is eye test and splitting hairs when you get to the best of the best. I just like our roster slightly better in terms of head to head because I think Kofi is better than Dickinson. If you prefer Michigan over us I wouldn’t hold it against you.

Those sites aren’t going to show you how much Austin Hutcherson will effect the games. Just like you called Duncan Robinson years ago, this is a similar impact shooter from D-3, except he has handles to go along with his shooting.

Michigan lines up well on most of sites. I think Wagner and Livers are going to be tougher to replace than what the advanced stats show. Their ability to space the floor from the 3 and 4 gave Dickinson a lot of room to operate. Houston is not a good shooter, he’s a streaky shooter and floats way too often given his size. Diabete is really good but he’s also a rim running 4 that can play small ball 5. It’s going to be a much different team than this prior year and one of your young guards (Jackson, Collins, Bufkin) will need to step up because your guard play was suspect against the best teams.

Like I said before this is eye test and splitting hairs when you get to the best of the best. I just like our roster slightly better in terms of head to head because I think Kofi is better than Dickinson. If you prefer Michigan over us I wouldn’t hold it against you.

Those sites aren’t going to show you how much Austin Hutcherson will effect the games. Just like you called Duncan Robinson years ago, this is a similar impact shooter from D-3, except he has handles to go along with his shooting.

See above. Feldman (an Illinois beat writer) called Houstan the best shooter in the class. Other national articles have called him an elite shooter with “across half court” range.

Where have you read that Houstan isn’t a good shooter?

Frankie Collins isn’t a good shooter. At all. Maybe that’s who you’re thinking of? Fair mistake and better than doubling down and insisting Houstan isn’t.

See above. Feldman (an Illinois beat writer) called Houstan the best shooter in the class. Other national articles have called him an elite shooter with “across half court” range.

Where have you read that Houstan isn’t a good shooter?
@Archetype19 where have you read that Caleb Houstan isn’t a great shooter?

“The five-star prospect will provide the Wolverines with a combo forward that boasts incredible range and a reliable three-point stroke. Houstan has increible length and can absorb contact when scoring at the basket. His ball-handling is a bit underrated, as the five-star wing is an versatile, well-rounded prospect that can impact a game in numerous ways while creating matchup issues both outside and in.”

Bottom Line: Houstan is an elite shooter with great size and awareness on both ends of the floor. His three-level scoring ability and calculated approach will make him an instant impact player at Michigan and keep him moving in an upward trajectory beyond.”

I guess I should have worded it differently, he’s a good shooter but not great. His release is kind of slow and when he plays against teams that key on that he struggled. Ultimately I think your best line-ups will be when he’s at the 4 and can shoot over slower defenders. Midway thru the season you’ll be wishing he was crashing the glass harder and taking advantage of his athleticism instead of camping out at the 3 point line.

I guess I should have worded it differently, he’s a good shooter but not great. His release is kind of slow and when he plays against teams that key on that he struggled. Ultimately I think your best line-ups will be when he’s at the 4 and can shoot over slower defenders. Midway thru the season you’ll be wishing he was crashing the glass harder and taking advantage of his athleticism instead of camping out at the 3 point line.

Not only did I give you a chance to correct yourself, I even supplied you with one of our top 50 recruits who actually isn’t a good shooter. He’s been referred to as elite and the best shooter of the class by people who do this for a living. He’s at worst a really good shooter and at best more than that.

Not only did I give you a chance to correct yourself, I even supplied you with one of our top 50 recruits who actually isn’t a good shooter. He’s been referred to as elite and the best shooter of the class by people who do this for a living. He’s at worst a really good shooter and at best more than that.
Like I said I have watched him play at prep school and he feasts on the fact that he’s played around Jalen Duren, Cade Cunningham, Moses Moody Scottie Barnes, etc. This means he gets WIDE open looks from the perimeter all game over usually outgunned and undersized opponents. When they had to play against the higher level competition he struggled creating his own shot and wasn’t as efficient from deep due to low release point. He’s a good player but ranked higher due to a lack of star power outside the top 4 in the 2022 class. Your best lineups will be with him at the power forward similar to Isaiah Livers. If Johns continues his hot shooting from the post season it’ll give him more leeway at the small forward.

Like I said I have watched him play at prep school and he feasts on the fact that he’s played around Jalen Duren, Cade Cunningham, Moses Moody Scottie Barnes, etc. This means he gets WIDE open looks from the perimeter all game over usually outgunned and undersized opponents. When they had to play against the higher level competition he struggled creating his own shot and wasn’t as efficient from deep due to low release point. He’s a good player but ranked higher due to a lack of star power outside the top 4 in the 2022 class. Your best lineups will be with him at the power forward similar to Isaiah Livers. If Johns continues his hot shooting from the post season it’ll give him more leeway at the small forward.

Link a couple reports that share the notion that Houstan isn’t a good shooter.

Link a couple reports that share the notion that Houstan isn’t a good shooter.

If you don’t trust what I’m saying that’s fine, that’s all you gotta say. If you wanted confirmation bias and me to agree with every take that scouts say then we are done here.

If you don’t trust what I’m saying that’s fine, that’s all you gotta say. If you wanted confirmation bias and me to agree with every take that scouts say then we are done here.

I’d like you to cite some sources. The stance you’re taking in Houstan is different than everything I’ve seen or read about him. So at least show me some analyst that agrees with you.

I’d like you to cite some sources. The stance you’re taking in Houstan is different than everything I’ve seen or read about him. So at least show me some analyst that agrees with you.

Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of good scouting information these days as most of the places have went dark since COVID. Rivals used to be the best at covering highschool/prep basketball but they’ve fallen off. I realize my take isn’t what most analysts are saying. Just giving my opinion because I’m not going to skim through Twitter to find takes. It also isn’t going to be common to see takes that are negative about a kid.

That clip was also over a three game span, in which he look rather pedestrian against higher competition. Just gonna ask you since it’s clear you’ve watched a lot of basketball, based on that clip does he look like the #6 ranked recruit in most classes to you?

Dude is definition of a potato that should stay on his homoboard. Spouts a bunch of nonsense and then doubles down.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Unfortunately there isn’t a whole lot of good scouting information these days as most of the places have went dark since COVID. Rivals used to be the best at covering highschool/prep basketball but they’ve fallen off. I realize my take isn’t what most analysts are saying. Just giving my opinion because I’m not going to skim through Twitter to find takes. It also isn’t going to be common to see takes that are negative about a kid.

That clip was also over a three game span, in which he look rather pedestrian against higher competition. Just gonna ask you since it’s clear you’ve watched a lot of basketball, based on that clip does he look like the #6 ranked recruit in most classes to you?

It's pretty easy to find negatives where they exists. I can easily link articles about Collins and Diabate not being good shooters. Houstan not so much. Can you take a guess why that is?

It's pretty easy to find negatives where they exists. I can easily link articles about Collins and Diabate not being good shooters. Houstan not so much. Can you take a guess why that is?

When I see a player ranked #6 in his class and on mock drafts in the top 10 I expect more. Guess you’ll just keep ignoring that part of the argument though and find out when the season comes along.

Did you just try to sneak them alongside Gonzaga? Lol

What’s your favorite preseason ranking site? Lindy’s? Athlon?
Jesus…he says Purdue is “wildly overrated” and then puts Illinois without Ayo up there with Gonzaga for the ‘ship. Delusional.

Jesus…he says Purdue is “wildly overrated” and then puts Illinois without Ayo up there with Gonzaga for the ‘ship. Delusional.
Dude is definition of a potato that should stay on his homoboard. Spouts a bunch of nonsense and then doubles down.

Would you like to see my list that I’ve compiled or are you going to just try and criticize everything I say while bringing nothing to the table?

Would you like to see my list that I’ve compiled or are you going to just try and criticize everything I say while bringing nothing to the table?
You can do whatever the fck you want. It’s clear you are a homoboard potato that should stay there.

You can do whatever the fck you want. It’s clear you are a homoboard potato that should stay there.

Clearly you bring nothing to the table. Whenever you decide to start doing some research and can formulate an opinion worth sharing you can join us at the grown up table. Until then maybe you can say homoboard some more on repeat...

Imagine seeing this form and thinking he has a low release point. This shit is pure.

Clearly you bring nothing to the table. Whenever you decide to start doing some research and can formulate an opinion worth sharing you can join us at the grown up table. Until then maybe you can say homoboard some more on repeat...
You’ve consistently spouted off stupid sht and have brought nothing to the table. Gonzaga will be ranked in the top 5 preseason and Illinois will be 20-25 at best. Everyone disagrees with you. GTFO. It’s very clear you are the ultimate homer.

When I see a player ranked #6 in his class and on mock drafts in the top 10 I expect more. Guess you’ll just keep ignoring that part of the argument though and find out when the season comes along.

Houstan's negatives are that he doesn't have a great handle and he is a really good but not elite athlete. His knock isn't his shooting.... not by a mile. He's considered one of the best shooters in the class.

You’ve consistently spouted off stupid sht and have brought nothing to the table. Gonzaga will be ranked in the top 5 preseason and Illinois will be 20-25 at best. Everyone disagrees with you. GTFO. It’s very clear you are the ultimate homer.
Gonzaga will be 1, which I have never disputed. And you and a ******ed Michigan homer (not hail) are the only one say Illinois will be 20-25 with Kofi. I think they are top 5 wouldn’t be mad if you said 5 thru 10. Splitting hairs

Funny coming from a guy who probably didn’t know his name until this thread.
First of all, I follow B1G recruiting. Second, it’s irrelevant either way, since YOU claimed that someone considered one of the best shooters in the country isn’t a good a shooter. It’s very clear that you spout off BS and have no idea what you are talking about. It’s actually quite embarrassing.

"He sees the game at a high level and is a willing passer, good decision maker and excellent 3pt shooter. Last year he got big minutes for a loaded Montverde team and should take on a starring role in his senior season.

Has excellent shooting form and projects as a knockdown 3pt shooter. Has a smooth release and shoots it with ease and with easy range."

"Has good size as a combo forward with shooting range," Meyer wrote. "Not overly athletic, but plays with strength and has body control. Dangerous three-point shooter. Finishes well inside the arc. Is composed with the basketball. Solid handler and passer. Strong rebounder. Comes up with points off the glass. Positional defender with versatility defensively." - 247Sports' Director of Basketball Scouting, Jerry Meyer

"He is a sharpshooter that excels at knocking down outside shots."

SHOOTING

• Catches it on the hop with his feet set on spot-ups but employs 1-2 footwork elevating off movement
  • Pretty fluid mechanics – needs to dip for rhythm but it’s not that pronounced, fully elevates himself for a high release, quick trigger
  • Has shown legit NBA range
  • Took most of his three-pointers on spot-ups at Montverde but also flashed some versatility to his release on a few attempts off drifting around the wing and off a light sprint to the corner in transition
    • Canada had him working off staggered screens and as the screener in the pick-and-pop as well
    • Nailed six of his 19 three-point shots at the 2019 U16 Americas Championship, at a pace of 10.2 such attempts per 40 minutes
  • When the opponent managed to run him off his shot, Houstan liked to escape into a two-dribble pull-up from mid-range
    • Very coordinated out of triple threat position
    • Fluidity getting to his spots off the bounce stands out
    • Flashed incredible rhythm elevating in rhythm

Strengths:
3pt shooting
Mid-range shooting
Shooting mechanics

"He sees the game at a high level and is a willing passer, good decision maker and excellent 3pt shooter. Last year he got big minutes for a loaded Montverde team and should take on a starring role in his senior season.

Has excellent shooting form and projects as a knockdown 3pt shooter. Has a smooth release and shoots it with ease and with easy range."

"Has good size as a combo forward with shooting range," Meyer wrote. "Not overly athletic, but plays with strength and has body control. Dangerous three-point shooter. Finishes well inside the arc. Is composed with the basketball. Solid handler and passer. Strong rebounder. Comes up with points off the glass. Positional defender with versatility defensively." - 247Sports' Director of Basketball Scouting, Jerry Meyer

SHOOTING

• Catches it on the hop with his feet set on spot-ups but employs 1-2 footwork elevating off movement
  • Pretty fluid mechanics – needs to dip for rhythm but it’s not that pronounced, fully elevates himself for a high release, quick trigger
  • Took most of his three-pointers on spot-ups at Montverde but also flashed some versatility to his release on a few attempts off drifting around the wing and off a light sprint to the corner in transition
    • Canada had him working off staggered screens and as the screener in the pick-and-pop as well
    • Nailed six of his 19 three-point shots at the 2019 U16 Americas Championship, at a pace of 10.2 such attempts per 40 minutes
  • When the opponent managed to run him off his shot, Houstan liked to escape into a two-dribble pull-up from mid-range

Strengths:
3pt shooting
Mid-range shooting
Shooting mechanics
But those guys haven’t seen him live I guess…

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
But those guys haven’t seen him live I guess…

I can't even get into which teams are better debates with someone like that. Source after source after source disagrees with him and rather than re-evaluating he doubles down. Michigan vs Illinois and Purdue vs Illinois are a lot more debatable than if Houstan projects as a good 3pt shooter.

SHOOTING

Strengths:
3pt shooting
Mid-range shooting
Shooting mechanics

SHOOTING

Strengths:
3pt shooting
Mid-range shooting
Shooting mechanics

Listen buddy if you don’t want an opinion just say so. But he has a lot of the similarities with his game to BJ Boston at Kentucky. Once the athleticism isn’t a clear advantage at the college level he isn’t going to be getting clean looks off. I know a great shooter when I see one and that he is not.

I can't even get into which teams are better debates with someone like that. Source after source after source disagrees with him and rather than re-evaluating he doubles down. Michigan vs Illinois and Purdue vs Illinois are a lot more debatable than if Houstan projects as a good 3pt shooter.

Lol your sources all have Kofi not on the roster in their projections... swear you read one line into a post and check out.

Listen buddy if you don’t want an opinion just say so. But he has a lot of the similarities with his game to BJ Boston at Kentucky. Once the athleticism isn’t a clear advantage at the college level he isn’t going to be getting clean looks off. I know a great shooter when I see one and that he is not.

Once athleticism isn't a clear advantage he isn't going to be getting clean looks off? What does that even mean. You don't need to be an elite athlete to be a good shooter.

Anyways, next time don't make stuff up like "he has a low release". If you think this is low you should delete your account and move on to another spot.

Lol your sources all have Kofi not on the roster in their projections... swear you read one line into a post and check out.

I checked out when you can't admit you were mistaken about Houstan. That type of stubborness will get us nowhere in other discussions. Houstan being considered a good shooter is a universal truth among everyone that has followed, recruited him, and analyzed him professionally.

Then I really checked out when you made up a lie that he has a low release to try and support your bad take.

Once athleticism isn't a clear advantage he isn't going to be getting clean looks off? What does that even mean. You don't need to be an elite athlete to be a good shooter.

Anyways, next time don't make stuff up like "he has a low release". If you think this is low you should delete your account and move on to another spot.

You should continue hyper analyzing this part of the argument to steer away from the fact that your argument to start the whole thing in the beginning was absolute shit. But that’s just who you are and what you do.

You should continue hyper analyzing this part of the argument to steer away from the fact that your argument to start the whole thing in the beginning was absolute shit. But that’s just who you are and what you do.

My entire argument has been that you're wrong to call Caleb Houstan a bad shooter.

You lied to try to support that by saying Houstan's release is low. Yikes.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT