ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight FSU’s starting lineup went...

Such a fun team to watch. I really want an MSU-FSU game sometime soon. Potentially next year in ACC Big Ten matchup?

Reactions: GE Nole
Such a fun team to watch. I really want an MSU-FSU game sometime soon. Potentially next year in ACC Big Ten matchup?

Next year would be a blast. The length we are bringing in is bonkers.

But I’ll pass the year y’all have Bates haha.

Reactions: kdavid45 and MGC_07
Height doesn't equal wingspan....

Look at wingspan.

But I like what Leonard Hamilton does at Florida St.
They are a very long athletic team.

He is one of the coaches who people should listen to if they want to know the game
As a rare die hard Seminole hoops fan for years, Hamilton was an acquired taste for me. He was nerve racking at times, called timeouts in odd situations that killed momentum, substituted the hot hand and was almost solely defensive minded.

I really think it wasn't until the last five or so years that he developed a style and philosophy that works. Its well suited for today's game and the type of kids he recruits. And yes, he knows the game.

Height doesn't equal wingspan....

Look at wingspan.

But I like what Leonard Hamilton does at Florida St.
They are a very long athletic team.

He is one of the coaches who people should listen to if they want to know the game

FSU doesn’t recruit guys who aren’t long. If an FSU player is 6’6, his wingspan is almost always 6’9+.

According to KenPom it’s the tallest team in the country for the second year in a row.

Seton Hall is two, Kentucky and USC are tied for third.

Arkansas is listed at 43rd.
Hmmmmm, that cant be correct

You want the top 8 rotation or the top 8 tallest? They have 4 guys under 6'7", only 1 is a starter. Little too early to determine starters though with 12 new players on this roster

Last night, the starters went

6'6"
6'2"
6'6"
6'7"
7'3"

Obviously not the tallest starting lineup, they could obviously go bigger and will depending on the matchup, but its hard to believe there are 42 teams bigger overall

Edited to add 1st 3 off the bench

6'0"
6'9"
6'10"

Last edited:

You want the top 8 rotation or the top 8 tallest? They have 4 guys under 6'7", only 1 is a starter. Little too early to determine starters though with 12 new players on this roster

Last night, the starters went

6'6"
6'2"
6'6"
6'7"
7'3"

Obviously not the tallest starting lineup, they could obviously go bigger and will depending on the matchup, but its hard to believe there are 42 teams bigger overall

Edited to add 1st 3 off the bench

6'0"
6'9"
6'10"

KenPom’s metric gives some weight to who’s actually playing. Sure having a 7’9 guy would be nice, but what if he only plays 1 min per game? Not really impacting things.

So with that said, my guess is your 6’0 guy is bringing you down. That’s below average size in power conference hoops.

Depending on what happens with the free COVID years, we could have as many as 5 next season!

If that does happen, you have to insist that all five of those 7 footers play together for at least one segment. Don't let me down.

The craziest lineup I've ever seen came with Roy's 2010 team. He had 6'11 John Henson at the 2, the Wear twins at the 3 and 4, and Zeller at the 5. Funny stuff.

Reactions: GE Nole
KenPom’s metric gives some weight to who’s actually playing. Sure having a 7’9 guy would be nice, but what if he only plays 1 min per game? Not really impacting things.

So with that said, my guess is your 6’0 guy is bringing you down. That’s below average size in power conference hoops.
He's a freshman who plays less than 10 mins a game. That's not it. I'm guessing Ken hasn't done his research, or better yet, guessed about who would play what amount of minutes. Our 7 footer logged 34 minutes one game haha. Trust me, this team is one of the longest in the country, easily.

Height isn't a important as wingspan...

So for the most part people look at wingspan to determine length.

But 6-6 with a 6-9 wingspan isn't particularly huge
Some 6-1 or 6-2 guys have 6-8 or 6-9 wingspans

Think it’s Scotty Barnes who has the wingspan of a player over 7’. Calhoun is going to be fun once he gets used to ACC comp.

Think it’s Scotty Barnes who has the wingspan of a player over 7’. Calhoun is going to be fun once he gets used to ACC comp.
Barnes is 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan from what I have seen. UK has several freaks like that too.
Height measurements without shoes:
Dontaie Allen 6'5" and 7'2.5" wingspan
Keion Brooks 6'6.5" and 7'1" wingspan
Lance Ware 6'8.25" and 7'1" wingspan
Isaiah Jackson 6'9.5" and 7'2.5" wingspan
Olivier Sarr 6'11" and 7'3.5" wingspan

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
If that does happen, you have to insist that all five of those 7 footers play together for at least one segment. Don't let me down.

The craziest lineup I've ever seen came with Roy's 2010 team. He had 6'11 John Henson at the 2, the Wear twins at the 3 and 4, and Zeller at the 5. Funny stuff.

I promise I’ll at least ask Ham.

Reactions: dukedevilz
He's a freshman who plays less than 10 mins a game. That's not it. I'm guessing Ken hasn't done his research, or better yet, guessed about who would play what amount of minutes. Our 7 footer logged 34 minutes one game haha. Trust me, this team is one of the longest in the country, easily.

To be fair, 43rd out of 350 is one of the longest in the country. You’re talking about half an inch separating 10-12 teams.

ADVERTISEMENT