ADVERTISEMENT

The SECT

What happened in that game? I just see a bunch of people on Twitter saying the refs screwed Vandy in some way. Something about a three pointer.
IDK about a 3-pointer but they gave UK the ball when it should've been Vandy ball. But to put it into context UK was still up 4 at that point with 20 seconds left.

@della

YOU'RE NEXT!!!

tenor.gif

I mean, tucky was probably winning this game anyways... but how do the officials miss that call lol... and I guess I've never really paid attention to it before but tucky gets away with absolute murder on the boards. Going to be tough for anyone to beat.
Vandy kid straight lined the official---no way h he could see that. Also, that call is harder to call than you think.....Be honest-----did you even realize it , until they showed the replay?

What makes it even sweeter is the s*** he was talking prior to the game.
After getting his shit smashed for the 110th time by Oscar, dude quit....Late in game, Vandy down 6, and he had a WIDE THE FUK OPEN 6-footer-----saw Big O-----Nope-----not doing it. Eventually made a great pass to the radio guy in the 3rd row....

BTW, I like me some Stackhouse.....He's actually doing a hell of a job, TBH...

IDK about a 3-pointer but they gave UK the ball when it should've been Vandy ball. But to put it into context UK was still up 4 at that point with 20 seconds left.
Yeah, I dunno anything about a 3----Maybe they were talking about Pip, and his what, 1-10 from three?

Also, its not like it was a tie game, or a one possession game...Big call, sure. But it was a two possession game....

I just see a bunch of people on Twitter saying the refs screwed Vandy in some way. Something about a three pointer.

Vandy player tried to draw a foul on a three pointer. He pump faked, then jumped forward and made contact with a UK player. Then shot clock went off and UK got the ball and scored.(with no foul or shot clock stoppage)

Stack was upset and got a T.

I am willing to say I am biased here, but I think it was a good no call on the foul. Shot clock should have stopped the break though. I think the UK player sold it well, but the Vandy player knocked him back from the contact. (just going by memory, was a little distracted at the time) It does seem like the refs call similar stuff as fouls though, even though they shouldn't.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Vandy player tried to draw a foul on a three pointer. He pump faked, then jumped forward and made contact with a UK player. Then shot clock went off and UK got the ball and scored.(with no foul or shot clock stoppage)

I am willing to say I am biased here, but I think it was a good no call on the foul. Shot clock should have stopped the break though. I think the UK player sold it well, but the Vandy player knocked him back from the contact. (just going by memory, was a little distracted at the time) It does seem like the refs call similar stuff as fouls though, even though they shouldn't.

I think the rule is if the defensive player jumps forward the offensive player can jump into him and it's a foul. If he jumps straight up it is not. Not sure though.

But yeah, that seems to be the play people were referencing.

UT and UK tomorrow should be a good one.

Reactions: I am stupid
I think the rule is if the defensive player jumps forward the offensive player can jump into him and it's a foul. If he jumps straight up it is not. Not sure though.

But yeah, that seems to be the play people were referencing.

UT and UK tomorrow should be a good one.

Just watched it back, Mintz jump towards him, but got his feet set and hands up before the shooter jumped into him. Wheeler got the ball as the buzzer for shot clock was going off AND a ref blew the whistle 3 bursts, but they let the play go on which gave UK 2 points.

I can see getting mad at that, but it was very close.

I think had the Vandy kid went up/shot when he had UK player in the air, he gets the call----But he waited until UK kid landed, then lunged forward.....IMO, a good no call..

I thiought I heard a whistle, stopping play for shot clock violation??? Maybe not?

Stack got the T for being on the floor, contacting official....It was just late, b/c UK had a run out...And for some choice words, i am sure......

Just watched it back, Mintz jump towards him, but got his feet set and hands up before the shooter jumped into him. Wheeler got the ball as the buzzer for shot clock was going off AND a ref blew the whistle 3 bursts, but they let the play go on which gave UK 2 points.

I can see getting mad at that, but it was very close.
Exactly what I just posted..... 😁

Had the contact happened with Mintz off his feet----probably a foul. But he landed, then shooter created the contact...

Thought I heard whistle killling the play----which is what I think got Stack so upset..

We’ve all been saying it about KD Johnson most of the season. It’s good to play with emotion but he gets carried away and it hurts them.

This is auburns last chance to fix it. I don’t see it happening. i still think the duo of Smith and Kessler down low are too talented for them to lose before the s16 as a likely 2 seed. But i don’t see them going much further.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
I’m not sure what to make of either of those semifinal games. I think Tennessee actually had the easiest game yesterday of anyone. But they were also already playing better than anyone.

I don’t see any way Kennedy Chandler is 100% however. But Kentucky just didn’t impress me.

The other game feels like a toss up too. A&M is playing really well. But so is arkansas.

Ill guess Kentucky vs Arkansas final.

Kudos to Vandy and Stack. They looked fresher than the night before. And they fought hard. That's all Stack. Stack is very young when it comes to coaching, but he's smart and learning quick.

Toppin, probable broken nose, but played very good with that mask on. I've had a few and the first one bleeds like crazy.

I'm just glad we got the win and can move forward. Its March, crazy things happen.

Sidenote during Cal's presser, he was talking about how BBN travels and he mentioned some guy (didn't give a name) but I'm guessing someone in the Auburn program, stated they would have the most fans there. Cals said, was that guy smoking crack lol.

These rubber match games can be fun. I know Cal hasn’t swept Barnes yet, but there’s been a lot of splits. What is the rubber match record?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT