ADVERTISEMENT

The Officially Unofficial Scotty vs. Della Thread

So, let me ask you this Della- the Lady Vols have hung banners for final fours they made, but didn't win the natty- they should be taken down to your logic, correct?

Fair- but it appears a bunch of Vol fans celebrate those final finals that resulted in no natty- appear we have Vol on Vol drama :p

Good luck next week in SEC tourney!!

Just to be honest, you are the first fan I have ever met that does not celebrate their team final four appearances , for men or women.
You guys be easy on her. She doesn’t seem to grasp the concept that you celebrate making it to the final four and not losing in the final four. She really struggles with that a lot! The goal is always to win a title but making a final four is a great achievement for any team. She thinks if a team makes the final four and then they lose they rush the floor, pile on each other while their fans are going crazy because they lost!😂 I think at the end of the day we all know her why her take on final fours are what they are. It may be dumb as hell but that’s our LuLu!

You guys be easy on her. She doesn’t seem to grasp the concept that you celebrate making it to the final four and not losing in the final four. She really struggles with that a lot! The goal is always to win a title but making a final four is a great achievement for any team. She thinks if a team makes the final four and then they lose they rush the floor, pile on each other while their fans are going crazy because they lost!😂 I think at the end of the day we all know her why her take on final fours are what they are. It may be dumb as hell but that’s our LuLu!
If you were any slower we'd have to sit you in the window and water you once a week.

4 games Noah and you're not even the last team standing. Take the SECT, for a lower seed to win it could possibly mean beating two Kenpom top 5 teams and another two top 20 team.

Advancing to a FF would only face 1 top 5 team.
Della, qualifications to make the ncaa tourney is way more difficult than conference tourney- also good chance for lower seeded teams to face two Kenpom ton ten teams.

And maybe SEC tourney have to face two top five Kenpom teams , can’t say that for every other conference - you can say that for each region in ncaa tourney have multiple Kenpom top ten teams.

Della, qualifications to make the ncaa tourney is way more difficult than conference tourney- also good chance for lower seeded teams to face two Kenpom ton ten teams.

And maybe SEC tourney have to face two top five Kenpom teams , can’t say that for every other conference - you can say that for each region in ncaa tourney have multiple Kenpom top ten teams.
We are talking about making the FF. Some schools get in on AQ. I'm sure that some conferences are pretty weak, but the Big12 & SEC are not. You realize you can reach the FF without every facing 3/4 of #1, 2 & 3 seeds? If you're the #1 seed you can achieve the FF without facing a #1 seed.

We are talking about making the FF. Some schools get in on AQ. I'm sure that some conferences are pretty weak, but the Big12 & SEC are not. You realize you can reach the FF without every facing 3/4 of #1, 2 & 3 seeds? If you're the #1 seed you can achieve the FF without facing a #1 seed.
Jesus…now you’re trying to say winning the SEC tournament is harder than the NCAA tournament! When does it ever stop???😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
And some conferences you just have to be in the conference to make the conference tourney to be fair. And you realize you can win the conference tourney with only facing one top seed between the 1-3 seeds , correct? And if you are the 1 seed in the conference tourney , you don’t even have to face the 2 or 3 seed in the finals potentially .

Yeah, but we are talking about me and my opinion. I'm an SEC fan. Regardless, this has devolved to things other than I don't celebrate FFs. I don't celebrate losses. You can and i'll be happy for you if you do. How's that?

Yeah, but we are talking about me and my opinion. I'm an SEC fan. Regardless, this has devolved to things other than I don't celebrate FFs. I don't celebrate losses. You can and i'll be happy for you if you do. How's that?
Fair , you can have your opinion of course - mine is I celebrate the journey and how tough it is to make the final four. I will def celebrate this year if MD makes it somehow😎

Good luck in the big dance Della

Reactions: della
Fair , you can have your opinion of course - mine is I celebrate the journey and how tough it is to make the final four. I will def celebrate this year if MD makes it somehow😎

Good luck in the big dance Della
I'll be pulling for MD as long as they are not facing UT. I have a friend that lives in Baltimore and when I visit (once in a blue moon) she always takes me out to eat Crab cakes. Y'all make the best.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I'll be pulling for MD as long as they are not facing UT. I have a friend that lives in Baltimore and when I visit (once in a blue moon) she always takes me out to eat Crab cakes. Y'all make the best.
Don’t even get me started on my love for crab cakes Della 😊!!!

• Love
Reactions: della
Round One was fun.
ring-girl-janira-kremets-signals-the-start-of-round-two-of-the-picture-id1147026397

Sure, as long as you acknowledge you're celebrating something that ended in a loss for your team. I don't celebrate losses, but I acknowledge your right to celebrate them. I would go so as to say, I would be willing to argue for your right to celebrate a loss.
This is so short sighted. Especially coming from a fan of a program that would absolutely celebrate a FF appearance.

You're not celebrating a loss. You're celebrating an achievement that is 100% worth celebrating. You're telling me that VCU, George Mason and other long shot teams throughout the years shouldn't celebrate their FF appearances because they didn’t win the whole thing? Get out of here. unc has 6 championships and they have every reason to celebrate last season even though they came up short of the ultimate prize. Duke, last year has every reason to celebrate reaching the FF even with the god awful way it ended. I think you're just creating a situation where you determine what is worth celebrating so you can take that celebration away from your nemesis.

This is so short sighted. Especially coming from a fan of a program that would absolutely celebrate a FF appearance.

You're not celebrating a loss. You're celebrating an achievement that is 100% worth celebrating. You're telling me that VCU, George Mason and other long shot teams throughout the years shouldn't celebrate their FF appearances because they didn’t win the whole thing? Get out of here. unc has 6 championships and they have every reason to celebrate last season even though they came up short of the ultimate prize. Duke, last year has every reason to celebrate reaching the FF even with the god awful way it ended. I think you're just creating a situation where you determine what is worth celebrating so you can take that celebration away from your nemesis.
Exactly! Very well said. She does this because she has no final fours so she down plays them and everybody knows it. We try not at you LuLu but it’s hard sweetie!
Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha

You can celebrate anything you want, but at the end of the day a FF is a loss. You can try to slice it anyway you want, but you know that is true. I don’t celebrate losses.

You can celebrate anything you want, but at the end of the day a FF is a loss. You can try to slice it anyway you want, but you know that is true. I don’t celebrate losses.

I can see that, but it's still kinda irritating to the rest of us.
The rest of us???? Oh you mean the same people telling you that you’re a dumbass like I am???? I do think I’m starting to see what you mean though when you say you don’t celebrate losses in a final four. You’re saying your team has never been to a final four so you’ve never had the chance to celebrate a loss. Is that what you’re saying? I thought so.

The rest of us???? Oh you mean the same people telling you that you’re a dumbass like I am???? I do think I’m starting to see what you mean though when you say you don’t celebrate losses in a final four. You’re saying your team has never been to a final four so you’ve never had the chance to celebrate a loss. Is that what you’re saying? I thought so.
rara.gif

Scotty facing a fact.

• Haha
You're not celebrating the FF GAME if you lost. You're celebrating the achievement of a year's work.

And by your logic, Tennessee's mens BB team has done nothing in their history worth you celebrating. Nothing. Lol.

I mainly ignore SEC threads, so I have missed the gayness. But if we can't celebrate FF's because they aren't championships, then we can't celebrate a single achievement/win any year our teams don't win the championship. That's pretty silly.

If your team is hands down the favorite to win it all and go into the FF let's say.... 38-0 and you lose in the FF. Sure, maybe you argue against celebrating a FF appearance. But winning a championship is a hard thing to do and it's pretty rare that the best team by everyone's standards actually wins the championship. Reaching the FF might not be the ultimate goal, but it is worth celebrating whether it is your program's first or 15th. Doesn't matter how many times if any they won a championship.
That 'tar! RollLaugh

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You're not celebrating the FF GAME if you lost. You're celebrating the achievement of a year's work.

And by your logic, Tennessee's mens BB team has done nothing in their history worth you celebrating. Nothing. Lol.
The work was incomplete if you lose.

You don't understand my logic. I do celebrate Conference championships because they end in a win.

Why do you have a problem with me not agreeing with you on this? I have already said you can celebrate anything you want, it is fine with me.

The work was incomplete if you lose.

You don't understand my logic. I do celebrate Conference championships because they end in a win.

Why do you have a problem with me not agreeing with you on this? I have already said you can celebrate anything you want, it is fine with me.
A FF appearance is more prestigious than a conference championship. This is a terribly dumb outlook.

I don't have a problem with you not agreeing. This is just you dictating the tone of the conversation. I don't need you to tell me that I can have my own opinions. But apparently you need to be reminded that you are allowed your own opinions.

I am just giving logical rebuttals to your POV. You don't have any on the flip side.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A FF appearance is more prestigious than a conference championship. This is a terribly dumb outlook.

I don't have a problem with you not agreeing. This is just you dictating the tone of the conversation. I don't need you to tell me that I can have my own opinions. But apparently you need to be reminded that you are allowed your own opinions.

I am just giving logical rebuttals to your POV. You don't have any on the flip side.
I was trying to be polite to you. Kinda offering a agree to disagree.

However, if you want to make a proper rebuttal you need to address the crux of the dispute and not all the superfluous bs. The crux of it is that I don't celebrate "accomplishments" that end in a loss. To me it would be like celebrating a 3rd or 4th place. Yeah, it's better than dead last, but not something to celebrate.

If you can't acknowledge you're celebrating an "accomplishment" that your final act was losing then you are kidding yourself.

However, if you want to make a proper rebuttal you need to address the crux of the dispute and not all the superfluous bs. The crux of it is that I don't celebrate "accomplishments" that end in a loss. To me it would be like celebrating a 3rd or 4th place. Yeah, it's better than dead last, but not something to celebrate.

If you can't acknowledge you're celebrating an "accomplishment" that your final act was losing then you are kidding yourself.
Judge Joe Brown GIF

You are guilty of being a complete dumbass. Court is adjourned!

You don't need to be polite. I don't care about that kind of stuff. You're just filling voids with useless words when you talk about how polite you're trying to be. It's a condescending attitude that comes from insecurity.

Again, you're trying to dictate what is considered an accomplishment or what is worthy of celebrating by using your own criteria as the standard. If your program wins its conference championship and then loses anywhere in the tournament, you're celebrating something that ends in a loss.

"If you can't acknowledge you're celebrating an "accomplishment" that your final act was losing then you are kidding yourself."

Do you not see the double standard or flat out hypocrisy in this quote? I am not going to insult your intelligence, but if you are not trolling here, I don’t know what to say.

You don't need to be polite. I don't care about that kind of stuff. You're just filling voids with useless words when you talk about how polite you're trying to be. It's a condescending attitude that comes from insecurity.

Again, you're trying to dictate what is considered an accomplishment or what is worthy of celebrating by using your own criteria as the standard. If your program wins its conference championship and then loses anywhere in the tournament, you're celebrating something that ends in a loss.

"If you can't acknowledge you're celebrating an "accomplishment" that your final act was losing then you are kidding yourself."

Do you not see the double standard or flat out hypocrisy in this quote? I am not going to insult your intelligence, but if you are not trolling here, I don’t know what to say.
Don't be polite to Ghost, got it.

Of course I'm using my own criteria, cause it is my own opinion.

Where is the hypocrisy? State it clearly.

• Haha
Don't be polite to Ghost, got it.

Of course I'm using my own criteria, cause it is my own opinion.

Where is the hypocrisy? State it clearly.
You're admitting that you frame arguments in order to always be right, not always be correct.

The hypocrisy is clear. You don't celebrate achievements that end in a loss. But you celebrate Conference championships even when Tennessee (let's just say) loses in the round of 32. Both are losses prior to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. Both end in a loss. Which you don't celebrate.

Reactions: Scotty00
You're admitting that you frame arguments in order to always be right, not always be correct.

The hypocrisy is clear. You don't celebrate achievements that end in a loss. But you celebrate Conference championships even when Tennessee (let's just say) loses in the round of 32. Both are losses prior to the ultimate goal of winning a championship. Both end in a loss. Which you don't celebrate.
Championships end in win and FF end in defeat. Where is the hypocrisy? A Conference Championship is a stated goal unto itself. A FF is not a goal unto itself, it is just another step to the goal of a title.

Regarding framing questions to be correct. I have told you and anyone that can read it that it is just my opinion and I'm not criticizing whatever they choose to celebrate.

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

maxresdefault.jpg

Hold on the that pole and let's see if he can disprove my point. You never could.
I’m sure you like holding poles and there is nothing I need to disprove. Your thoughts on final fours are dumb as hell and myself, your dad Ghost and everybody else has told you that! Keep trying though.😂

ADVERTISEMENT