ADVERTISEMENT

The curse we all share

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
All of us, for all of our differences, share one curse:

Each basketball season, which we look forward to and read about feverishly and discuss ad nauseum and obsesses over?

They nearly all end in heartbreak, in images of players crying and careers being over, every single year.

We are a bunch of masochists:)

giphy.gif

Reactions: 829305
'15, but that was to Wisconsin. What about for you. '78 or '98?

Hey man, it all sucks. (Although I wasn’t watching in 78, and 98 doesn’t register on the radar compared to many other ends...) You guys have had it suck less often than most of us, so that’s good for you:). But everyone’s gone through it.

'15, but that was to Wisconsin. What about for you. '78 or '98?

It just occurred to me that you are thinking I chose those dates as a Duke Kentucky thing. It isn’t; Wisconsin knocked you out in 2015 as you said. It’s about a heartbreaking end of season. You guys have had fewer than anyone but UCLA fans, so that’s a big plus :)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Each basketball season, which we look forward to and read about feverishly and discuss ad nauseum and obsesses over?

They nearly all end in heartbreak, in images of players crying and careers being over, every single year.

I disagree with that part in bold. Sure the players cry about their careers being over and that is understandable but as a fan I don't feel heartbroken after every tournament loss.

I only feel heartbroken if we lose with a team that had High Expectations to begin with. Last year's MSU squad was loaded and was deep. Losing to a Syracuse squad that barely made the tournament and was a "Play in" participant was heartbreaking and extremely disappointing. Talent wise last year's MSU team was way more talented than this year's squad. I'm not expecting us to win it all this year so if they lose I won't be heartbroken like I was last year. Last year we had JJJ, Bridges, and a healthy Langford as well as Winston, Ward, Tillman, and McQuaid. Goins didn't even get regular minutes last year that's how deep that squad was.

Not ashamed to admit I was just eagerly looking forward to Zion Williamson crying at feet of Tacko Fall. It would’ve been so ****ing glorious.

Yeah but its better when they are still playing in March. You probably don't understand that as well being a Duke fan.

Big 12 coaches picked us 7th in the preseason poll.

Not ashamed to admit I was just eagerly looking forward to Zion Williamson crying at feet of Tacko Fall. It would’ve been so ****ing glorious.

Who doesn't eagerly look forward to 18-19 year old kids crying in defeat in the biggest moment of their lives? So ****ing glorious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT