ADVERTISEMENT

The Big Ten - ACC Challenge lineups are set

No he hasn’t but we just hired Phil Martelli who was a HC at St Joes for 20 years and retained Saddi Washington from Beilein’s staff. Simpson and Teske are seniors and Livers is a junior. All that should help ease the transition but we lost almost all of our wings (Matthews, Poole, Brazdeikas, and recruit wilson).

He was in summer leauge and NBA Africa. I expect him to be competent in Xs and Os.

@GE Nole Been a while since i've been in the balcony, want to say 2009 UK game. With that said go for lower level probably row 32ish and closer, otherwise the overhang from the balcony can get in the way.
Yeah when I went, the ball would get out of sight during shots.

Otherwise, it gets loud as hell and I had a blast watching IU get excited, believing they could actually beat Hummel/JJ/Moore before the inevitable occurred.

Need to make it to some more college bball venues.

Yeah when I went, the ball would get out of sight during shots.

Otherwise, it gets loud as hell and I had a blast watching IU get excited, believing they could actually beat Hummel/JJ/Moore before the inevitable occurred.

Need to make it to some more college bball venues.
If that was the junior year game, it was way too close for comfort. We got that nice soft bounce off the front the rim on Hummel’s jumper.

If that was the junior year game, it was way too close for comfort. We got that nice soft bounce off the front the rim on Hummel’s jumper.
never in doubt.

But yeah it was that game. A buddy that was a walk on got us tickets which was nice. A couple weeks before that game in Assembly, I also went to #4 Purdue @ #9 OSU for the lead in the conference, and it was hilarious how tame the OSU crowd was compared to IU's. Assembly was Mackey-loud, I could've taken a nap in Columbus.

Good match ups. Usually it should be Michigan vs UNC but UM gonna be down

Syracuse will be a good test for a rebuilt Iowa team. before Jordan's hip surgery they were a 3 seed in the way to early bracket's now after they are a 6 seed.

the 3 seed was posted after Cook had left, plus 4* top 100 Patrick McCafrey was going to RS to put on much needed weight on his 6'8 frame, he has now gone from 175 lbs to 195 lbs good enough to play the 3.

Reactions: KisteK
Syracuse will be a good test for a rebuilt Iowa team. before Jordan's hip surgery they were a 3 seed in the way to early bracket's now after they are a 6 seed.

the 3 seed was posted after Cook had left, plus 4* top 100 Patrick McCafrey was going to RS to put on much needed weight on his 6'8 frame, he has now gone from 175 lbs to 195 lbs good enough to play the 3.
3 seed implies top 12 team. Even with Jesus Iowa still wasn’t going to be a top 12 team.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I feel bad for Iowa fans that the first insult they can come up with simultaneously shits on their own program.

Dude, we are a football school. You are a basketball school. That's what makes it real bad for PU.

I mean if we want to talk football, since 1980, Iowa has 4 Rose Bowls, 2 Orange Bowls, 5 conference championships, and 1 Big West title and a fourth and one from a playoff berth.

That's equal to like 5 Final Fours in basketball

3 seed implies top 12 team. Even with Jesus Iowa still wasn’t going to be a top 12 team.
why? a serious why? this years team has W/O Jordan has these for starters
using ESPN has a referrence
PG 4* 6'0 FR Toussaint NYCHOOPS rates him the @1 pg instate and #2 overall
SG 4* 6'5 Top 100 RSSO Connor
SF 4* 6'6 Top 100 SO Wieskamp [#42 overall by Rivals] just named to Jerry West watch list
F/C 4* 6'11 Top 100 JR Garza
F/C 3* 7'0 RSSO Nunge
off the bench
F 4* 6'8 Top 100 FR Patrick

that's 4 top 100 players and 1 4* player graded a 81 by ESPN just outside their top 100, that's the most talent that has been on any Iowa team since Lute's FF team that was before the star ranking were not being used.

With all that talent, paired with fran as the coach, a b1g championship and 1 seed is all but guaranteed for the hawkeyes.

Reactions: hawkit3113
With all that talent, paired with fran as the coach, a b1g championship and 1 seed is all but guaranteed for the hawkeyes.
Fran just hired a former HC that started out as a assistant coach for ND, his 1st HC gig was a D1 Team that he guided to the NCAAT. then his 2nd HC gig he guided to the NCAAT, he did that with defense as his defenses were always in the top 20.

combine his coaching defense and Fran's offensive coaching they will make a serious combination, defense has been a problem the last couple years. but when you look at it even though the were last in the BT in adj Defense they still finished in 6th place ahead of 6 BT teams that all were better than Iowa. its taken Fran 9 seasons to put together a 2 deep at each positions going into a season.

this team is/was built for the long haul and not to be a 1 year hit. the higher ranked players are FR, SO and JR's, Fran has put this team into a position to compete for the BT Championship and going to at least to the 2nd weekend on a constant basis.

Dr. Tom was 9-0 in the 1st round but only made it out of the 1st weekend 3 times, a Elite 8 and 2 sweet 16's in 13 seasons.

last season most of you were predicting Iowa to finish at worst last and 10th at best with another losing record and yet last season was Fran 2nd best season, the best was a 25 win season which is the 2nd best win total in Iowa's history,
as for those idiots on HR and Hawkeyenation is they keep bitchingabout there being to many White Players on this team, they want nothing but Black players on the team. so screw them and their bigoted views

Fran just hired a former HC that started out as a assistant coach for ND, his 1st HC gig was a D1 Team that he guided to the NCAAT. then his 2nd HC gig he guided to the NCAAT, he did that with defense as his defenses were always in the top 20.

combine his coaching defense and Fran's offensive coaching they will make a serious combination, defense has been a problem the last couple years. but when you look at it even though the were last in the BT in adj Defense they still finished in 6th place ahead of 6 BT teams that all were better than Iowa. its taken Fran 9 seasons to put together a 2 deep at each positions going into a season.

this team is/was built for the long haul and not to be a 1 year hit. the higher ranked players are FR, SO and JR's, Fran has put this team into a position to compete for the BT Championship and going to at least to the 2nd weekend on a constant basis.

Dr. Tom was 9-0 in the 1st round but only made it out of the 1st weekend 3 times, a Elite 8 and 2 sweet 16's in 13 seasons.

last season most of you were predicting Iowa to finish at worst last and 10th at best with another losing record and yet last season was Fran 2nd best season, the best was a 25 win season which is the 2nd best win total in Iowa's history,
as for those idiots on HR and Hawkeyenation is they keep bitchingabout there being to many White Players on this team, they want nothing but Black players on the team. so screw them and their bigoted views
Fran is an intimidator/enforcer on the sideline. His presence alone scares other teams into underperforming. Guaranteed 1 seed next year, book it.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT